desperately searching for my son - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 09-04-2013, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my son was un-named at birth, due to a very abusive biological sperm donor.  he was adopted through catholic social services in tampa, florida, located on bay to bay blvd.  date of birth is 1/27/1982.  mother listed as mary brennan or zimmerman.    born at st. joseph's hospital, tampa, fl.  adopted just a few days later by a couple who was waiting for his birth.  i have done searches until i can't see anymore, and they all want money to do a search.  i don't have any money.  i am disabled and lonely.  please help.

#2 of 13 Old 09-05-2013, 03:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hi elizabeth, sorry to hear of your sadness. This forum isn't really about helping connect birth moms and kids, its for support for adoptive/foster moms. I can leave your post up for a little bit just to see if anyone has any ideas to give you about how to pursue this without having to pay a lot.

Welcome to Mothering though!

#3 of 13 Old 09-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

The best thing to do is contact Catholic Social Services in Tampa. The social worker might be able to find the file and from there, reach out to the adoptive family and give them your contact information. Since the "baby" is now an adult, he can choose to contact you. It's a long shot, but it's the only way to find out for sure rather than guessing at some stranger's info online.

#4 of 13 Old 09-06-2013, 06:59 AM

Did you try posting to Facebook? I know those viral adoption things have worked for several people.

WOHM to a girl jog.gif (6-11) and a new baby boy stork-boy.gif (2-14) and adjusting to the full-time life and husband being a SAHD. 
#5 of 13 Old 09-06-2013, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
A friend found her son this way:

The family sent pics thru catholic charities. Some of the pics had the name of a pharmacy on the back with a store number. The bm called the corporate number and got the location of the store that printed the pics. Once she had the name of the town, she searched Facebook for that town and the parents first names. took her like 10 mins start to finish.

Bring back the old MDC
#6 of 13 Old 09-14-2013, 12:32 AM

There are online adoption registries where parents and children register their birth info in an effort to find each other. Google "adoption registry." You could also go to adoption.com where there are people who call themselves search angels meaning they will help you for free. They might have new ideas or resources for you. I'm sadto hear of your loneliness. I hope this helps.
#7 of 13 Old 09-14-2013, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

hmmm...i looked them up online.  i believe the adoption record was sealed.  thanks for the info.

#8 of 13 Old 09-14-2013, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

thanks, but i don't want to put my business on fb.

#9 of 13 Old 09-14-2013, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

sounds like a plan.  i have written these down.  thank you so much for taking the time to give me this good information.

#10 of 13 Old 10-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I know this is a slightly different situation, but...

My biological father got my Mother and also another woman pregnant in MA and then left for CA, where he proceeded to get another woman pregnant with my twin brothers, dumped her, stayed with another woman in WA long enough to have two more boys, two years apart, and then got another woman pregnant with my youngest paternal brother in AZ a couple years after that.  This all happened roughly between 1975 and 1982.  I managed to, through Facebook search, track down all but the two middle brothers (their Mother left the country with them).  It took a lot of work and persistence, and about 4 years, but I found out the whereabouts of all but two- MA sibling was aborted, CA twins, one was stillborn, the other I got to know through phone calls and we didn't have much in common, so it fizzled out and my youngest one is my very good friend on Facebook now.  Leave no stone overturned, leave messages with info on the adoption on any website, in any forum it applies, with an email address to get a hold of you, and the hardest part, be patient.

Good luck.  I hope you find your son.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#11 of 13 Old 10-07-2013, 08:14 PM

Hi! I am an adult adoptee who found her first mom 3 years ago. I'm 39. Believe me, w/sealed records it was not easy to find her but there are "search angels" who will help you for free. Go to yahoo & join registry & reunion groups. Also, there are private groups on fb so everyone does not have to know your business. If you want to message me, I can put you in contact w/search angels. No one should ever pay a penny for search & reunion help as there are hundreds of search angels who have been affected by adoption, who will help you for free.
kblackstone444 likes this.
#12 of 13 Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

yes, thank you, any help you can give me would be awesome.  i don't know the places on fb where it is private.  maybe you could help me with that?  if you could put me in touch with some angels, i would love you for life.  thanks.

#13 of 13 Old 10-07-2013, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

thank you!  glad you found some of your family.  my son's adoption was sealed, i don't know if i will ever find him.  don't even know where to begin...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page