Question about current children - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-11-2014, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

If your current children do not go to a doctor on a regular basis- like, I would have no one to put down for their "doctor" they have never been sick and do not get vaccinations. My 10 year old has been once for a check up she needed for an activity when she was 5, once for an outer ear infection, once for an embedded earring back (nasty) and once for stepping on a nail. My youngest, 8, um... I think the last time was when she was a year old. They are never "sick". 

We go to a chiropractor once in a while- but that is it. 

So, what does one put down?  Maybe I am too out of the box thinker type for an adoption?    

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks
#2 of 3 Old 02-11-2014, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Every time i've undergone a foster or adoptive homestudy, all people in the home must have a current (within one year) physical (the agency provided the form) signed by the doctor. They will want to know who your doc is and also where you plan on taking the foster or adoptive child. I would put down whatever doctor you've taken them to when they have gone in the situations you've listed. 

What type of adoption are you considering? if you are planning to foster, you need to take them to an actual doctor within X number of days of placement (usually 30) for a physical. As well as dentals if they are a certain age. They will need to be kept up to date on a typical vax schedule. When i was placed with a sib group of three this summer for a couple of months we probably went to the doctor (urgent care as well as their regular doctor) half a dozen times or more in that time period. My last foster daughter i didnt have to take her at all as she was already UTD on shots, had a current physical and didnt get sick. (Oh wait thats not true, i did take her to urgent care for ringworm and once again for a skin rash.) 

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#3 of 3 Old 02-12-2014, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't think I was required to provide medical info about my bio kids. My FC did end up needing a great deal of medical care but we were allowed much latitude in choosing the provider and treatment. It might be sufficient to simply state the name of the clinic or office that you would probably use.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page