gift basket for new parents - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-19-2014, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

some friends of ours are hoping to adopt. They should hear soon whether they are able to go ahead, after which the children may be placed with them fairly quickly from what I gather.

I'd like to put together a gift basket for them, and would like to have a few bits ready for when they get the news My usual new baby gifts are not likely to work since they are most likely to be matched with toddlers - preschoolers, I'm forgetting what we used at that age.

So far I have a book of "days out with kids" with details of various local kid friendly places.

I'd wondered about things like a step stool for the bathroom, cupboard locks, character plasters (since my kids love them so much).

I also have a few books which my friend had as a child and gave to my kids several years back, so I'll be putting those in for him to share with his children.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-19-2014, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

What a thoughtful idea!

How about also some basic craft stuff-- finger paints, other sensory type arts stuff, some play-doh? Just for some quick fun!  I'm sure others will show up with more ideas soon!

#3 of 3 Old 06-24-2014, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
That is such an awesome idea! The books are a great idea, as is the craft stuff. New jammie's or an outfit could be fun. Maybe some sidewalk chalk or bubbles?

Mom through birth and foster care adoption to DS 9, DD 6, and DD 7 mos 
Check out my blog: No Bohns About It

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page