petition to limit # of times kids can be sent back to abusive parents - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-28-2014, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
petition to limit # of times kids can be sent back to abusive parents

Please take a minute to sign this petition started by a friend of mine. She is seeking amendments to the Adoption and Safe Families Act to require states put limits on the number of times children can be sent back to parents who have been physically and/or sexually abused them.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...-life/dwqkvhHH
#2 of 4 Old 07-02-2014, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for sharing this petition with us

Mom through birth and foster care adoption to DS 9, DD 6, and DD 7 mos 
Check out my blog: No Bohns About It
#3 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
July 25 deadline to get 100,000 signatures!

I hope some of you take the time to sign. She needs 100,000 signatures by July 25th. The current laws give abusive parents more consideration than the kids they've injured. One woman in her area pimped her daughters out for money to buy drugs and CPS gave them back to her! My friend adopted a little girl last year after fostering her from three weeks of age. The entire time she was fostering, the birth parents were arrested continually and barely showed up for visits or mandated drug treatment, parenting classes, and anger management classes. Yet social workers were ready to hand the child back to a woman who has had 10 or 11 babies before 30 and has custody of none. My friend had to cash out the equity in her house and hire a detective to follow the birth parents and film them comitting various criminal acts before anyone in authority would consider that the kid might be better off if parental rights were terminated. The birth mother has been caught beating her latest baby who is now with my friend. And birth mother is again half-heartedly following the plan set out by social services who are planning on reunification! She pistol-whipped one of her older boys, caused another son to be born so premature because of her drug use that he is severely disabled, and one of her other children recently strangled a family pet in their adoptive home. God only knows what all she does to the children that no one sees.
#4 of 4 Old 07-05-2014, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
I hope that the petition does get enough signatures, but I want to point out that this will only get the white house to comment on it- it won't ensure anything actually happens. I'm afraid I don't know enough about US politics to know what needs to happen to make this reality, and this is a good move in the right direction, but don't forget to look for other ways to push.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page