Kinship Care Home Study in Texas - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 01-13-2015, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question Kinship Care Home Study in Texas

Hello, so I have been wanting children for awhile and i was finally blessed with the opportunity to become a guardian of my mother's friend babies.... twins one boy one girl. The process i must say has been entirely stressful in the sense of the babies being born around the holidays causing everything to move in slow motion not to mention i live in a different city then were the case is originating from. anyhow i have been the main person contacting everyone ... i have initiated 85% of the calls providing any information on whats going on and i must say it was really frustrating. it has taken over 3 weeks for them to process a home study and now that it is tomorrow i am beyond nervous. i know im a good fit but its been so gruesome this far i dont know what to expect anymore. i have a closet full of baby supplies, diapers, clothes 2 of everything bassinet, baby sleepers. i am totally prepared i would say but i just would like to know what to expect if anyone else has been through this. what question do they ask? are they looking for me to be rich? i am under the impression that i wont receive any compensation for this and i am not looking for any so will they be examining the same as they examine a foster parent. i just wanna give these kids all my love im too attached already and its been 3 weeks since i have gotten to see them so i am ready to get them now. just wanna be prepared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 03-24-2015, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Li'Jay View Post
Hello, so I have been wanting children for awhile and i was finally blessed with the opportunity to become a guardian of my mother's friend babies.... twins one boy one girl. The process i must say has been entirely stressful in the sense of the babies being born around the holidays causing everything to move in slow motion not to mention i live in a different city then were the case is originating from. anyhow i have been the main person contacting everyone ... i have initiated 85% of the calls providing any information on whats going on and i must say it was really frustrating. it has taken over 3 weeks for them to process a home study and now that it is tomorrow i am beyond nervous. i know im a good fit but its been so gruesome this far i dont know what to expect anymore. i have a closet full of baby supplies, diapers, clothes 2 of everything bassinet, baby sleepers. i am totally prepared i would say but i just would like to know what to expect if anyone else has been through this. what question do they ask? are they looking for me to be rich? i am under the impression that i wont receive any compensation for this and i am not looking for any so will they be examining the same as they examine a foster parent. i just wanna give these kids all my love im too attached already and its been 3 weeks since i have gotten to see them so i am ready to get them now. just wanna be prepared.
I dont know if anything has happened with this for you yet, but I do have a brother that just went this with a fictive kinship placement. my now nephew was removed and placed in a group home around Thanksgiving and my brother immediately contacted the social worker about it when he found out around christmas. They did the interviews and home inspection in may and my now Nephew came home in November after the permanency hearing. I know they don't get any money to keep him, but if they go through the classes and fill out the paperwork to be a foster home, then they will get the foster payments until the adoption is completed. This was for a case when the kids parents already relinquished their rights, so I wonder if it would be more complicated if the first parents are still in the picture.

Tags
homestudy , kinship caregiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page