Mothering Forum banner

Anyone willing to answer some questions?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  KaraP 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum. My husband and I are in the process of being certified as foster parents (Interstate Compact) so we can foster our niece.

The agency provided us with numbers for foster parents to interview for our homework, but no one is calling us back!

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to answer questions based on your experience so I can do my homework :smile:

Some of the topics have to do with dealing with the effects of trauma, partnerships with the different layers of the system of care and multiracial/multicultural placements.

Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Happy to help

I would be happy to help with your homework. I adopted two biracial children from foster care, ages 1 and 4 when they came to me. We were licensed through one agency and our kids with with another so we experienced lots of caseworkers. Our oldest had been in four previous foster homes . . . so we learned lots about attachment and trauma!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.