C-R-A-Z-Y News story - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nancy Grace did a piece on this which interviewed parties for both sides.

It looks as though they had legal documents showing that Alison did ask for IVF reimbursement of 30k, that she did engage other couples in adoption negotiations. There are tapes from which she contacted the Needhams after the first contract fiasco, apologizing, stating her intentions to follow through with adoption and asking them to meet again.

A lot of this stuff was news even to Alison's best friend, who was one of the panelists.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0701/03/ng.01.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
It looks as though they had legal documents showing that Alison did ask for IVF reimbursement of 30k, that she did engage other couples in adoption negotiations. There are tapes from which she contacted the Needhams after the first contract fiasco, apologizing, stating her intentions to follow through with adoption and asking them to meet again.

A lot of this stuff was news even to Alison's best friend, who was one of the panelists.
I understand much of this is falsified and has been thrown out of court because it isn't true. It was news to her best friend because it isn't true.

And I'm not sure that nancy grace is a good source.
#93 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
You know what, I had totally forgotten I was seriously considering abortion for a bit too...

They need laws that prevent anyone suffering from HG from signing life altering documents for say 120 days after birth to give them time to recover and be protected from the vultures out there
Please, I'm going to ask folks one more time to stop referring to adoptive parents in these disparaging, completely unfair characterizations.

I've seen absolutely nothing to ever suggest that the Needhams did anything other than negotiate in good faith with Alison, contract with her in accordance with accepted legal practice, and - quite frankly - act appropriately in removing the children from an unstable and unhealthy environment in which their mother, over a period of months, repetively demonstrated her intention not to parent them: proactively planning, arranging, and executing the permanent transfer of their care.
#94 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_d_a View Post
I understand much of this is falsified and has been thrown out of court because it isn't true. It was news to her best friend because it isn't true.

And I'm not sure that nancy grace is a good source.
Dear, so far you have been a well of misinformation.

Please posts some links to substantiate your contentions.
#95 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:34 PM

What did Satori say in that post that was offensive to adoptive parents?

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#96 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
and the baby stealer's KNEW she wasn't competent.
Thats one...
#97 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
protected from the vultures out there
Thats two.

Adoptive parents are neither babye stealers nor vultures. I think a little common courtesy could be used on an adoption forum.
#98 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
Thats one...
Did I say ALL adoptive parents? No, I was referring to the Needhams.

Seriously?
#99 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Dear, so far you have been a well of misinformation.
Really cause if you scroll back up I have proven you wrong and spewing mistruth over and over and over again.

However I will not be responding to you anymore. I have outed you and your mistruths several times, you cannot site any sources, I can, and even the sources you have quoted have come back to bite you so to speak. I am done with you. I don't have time.
#100 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed View Post
Please, I'm going to ask folks one more time to stop referring to adoptive parents in these disparaging, completely unfair characterizations.

I've seen absolutely nothing to ever suggest that the Needhams did anything other than negotiate in good faith with Alison, contract with her in accordance with accepted legal practice, and - quite frankly - act appropriately in removing the children from an unstable and unhealthy environment in which their mother, over a period of months, repetively demonstrated her intention not to parent them: proactively planning, arranging, and executing the permanent transfer of their care.

I was referring to making it against the law to protect the interests of HG sufferers in particular since they are a very high risk group to be taken advantage of. Maybe your being a little oversensitive?

You know, I'm an SMC just like Alison, I suffered horribly till the end with my first dd and even at the hospital there were people harassing me to give my baby up for adoption becasue I was so sick and out of it and couldn't possibly care for my baby. Had I been a bit closer to the edge I can easily see ME being the one on trial for the same thing. I was lucky enough that I had enough sense left in head my to throw the people out of my room (3 different couples approached me while I was prego trying to get me to give my dd up for adoption to give her a "proper home" with a mother and a father. Sorry if I don't think highly of those who badger sick single women who just need some extra help while they recover. HG sufferers are a radically different class of women when it comes to mental states during and shortly after birth and they should be protected from making any life altering decisions while effected and if you have a problem with that then maybe you need to look at your own motivations and why it bothers you.

Seriously?
#101 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:53 PM

Guys, people aren't going to agree in the issue of this family--it's just too odd, too extreme, and too explosive of a situation. Discussion is good, but I don't think there's much chance of convincing anyone about what's right or what's appropriate.

And I don't think this particular tragic situation is typical of 99.99% of adoptive parents or birth parents, but using terms like "vultures" and "baby stealers" in an adoptive parents forum is bound to hurt some feelings and cause anger. While the poster using those terms might not be referring to adoptive parents in general or the adoptive parents here, these are extremely offensive words/concepts to adoptive parents.

This is an extreme comparison, but you wouldn't ever use the "n" word to describe a certain person, then say to other black people present "I was only using to describe THAT PERSON," kwim? The word(s) hurt, plain and simple.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#102 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
HG sufferers are a radically different class of women when it comes to mental states during and shortly after birth and they should be protected from making any life altering decisions while effected and if you have a problem with that then maybe you need to look at your own motivations and why it bothers you.
I think almost everyone here would agree that HG sufferers should get added protection from making life altering decisions, but the "problem" wasn't only about that--it was about the language used in describing the adoptive parents. She was bothered by your language, and that's what she told you, and she had every reason to be bothered by it. I think tempers are getting in the way of seeing what people are truly offended by.

Seriously, folks---->

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#103 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
HG sufferers are a radically different class of women when it comes to mental states during and shortly after birth and they should be protected from making any life altering decisions while effected...
That's an interesting concept. So these woman should be declared incompetent to manage their own legal affairs?
#104 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr View Post
Thats one...
Okay, but she quoted post 90 which didn't say anything like that.

And besides the point, she wasn't calling all adoptive parents baby stealers or vultures. She was calling this couple, and I definitely agree that their actions are horrific.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#105 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin_d_a View Post
I am done with you. I don't have time.
So, at least we're back to talking about the actual facts of this case..
#106 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Adoptive parents are neither babye stealers nor vultures. I think a little common courtesy could be used on an adoption forum.
I am an adoptive mom myself and I am not a baby stealer. My DH and I participated in an ethical legal adoption. The Needhams did not, this makes them child abductors, not adoptive parents. We had a placement before our daughter was born where mom changed her mind and we could have fought her and kept the baby. If we would have done that and not returned her daughter to her, that would have made us abductors. There is a big difference between adoptive parents and abductors but they both exist in the adoption industry.

The facts in the Allison Quets case are clear and show that the Needhams and Shornstein did everything in their power to steal children from a woman who was sick and confused. That is why the courts granted visitation to Allison until they could figure out all the facts of the case. They threw out vast amounts of falsified information that had been concocted by the attorney and the Needhams. The notery public even testified under oath that Shorstein back dated documents, which is an offense that could cause him to be disbarred.
#107 of 107 Old 07-13-2007, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Closing thread for review.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page