random ? -- adopting as US citizen while living in the other country ..... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-15-2007, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does any one have expereince with doing an IA -- as a US citizen -- but while living int he country you are adopting from?

Sis and BIL have talked abut adoption for a while, then she ended up PG and they had to wait.

In Feb 08 they are 80% sure they are moving to China for 2 or 3 years whiel BIL runns an office there.......

WOuld living in China slow down the process, or speed up the process?

Also -- here is a waaaay out there one --- what about abouting from say Russia, or any where but China, while living in China as US citizens.......

??????????

Not sure they want to do it, but they are looking at the options, they may wait till they get home -- but the process is so long to start with, if they are in China 08. 09 and 10... tghen come home and start an adoption, they might not bring a child home till 13 or 14 (depending on the settled down time once they get back tot he states ) -- then they kids they have now will be so much older than the new child (even a tot since they are not worried about a baby)..... and that isn't really what they want either.

Just wondering -- has anyone BTDT or do you know any books that address it specifically?

Aimee

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-15-2007, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the best thing they could do would be to contact a few agencies and see what they say. I know for us we had to have paperwork notarized (which they should still be able to do) but we also had to send it in for state certification. Also getting copies of marriage, birth and other certifiactes could be harder. They may be required to do another background check on them in China... just little steps that could take longer. I think ideally I would want to get all the paperwork done before we leave if possible. Still its good to check and see what agencies say.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page