OMG! OMG! OMG! We got a call!!! **Pic link in #77** - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I can NOT even believe this and frankly, I won't believe it until she's here--but we got a call from the state about a newborn whose mother relinquished rights today. Father is unknown.

We've been cleared to see her in the hospital and if I didn't have a house full of company (as I type at the kitchen counter AS I entertain! : ) I would be there NOW! In fact, I'm tempted to leave them and go anyway.

She's 7 days old and apparently the product of sexual assault.

Of course, the last time they were going to place a child with us we found out he was never coming about a half-hour before he was due to arrive. So PLEASE wish us luck!

This is, of course, on the heels of the state telling us "We'll never have a placement matching your needs and if your homestudy was done today--we wouldn't even accept it."

And, of course, I JUST pulled the ENTIRE house apart--seriously--in a big way. I didn't get all of it finished today and so my company is making due (thankfully they're the kind that come to see us--not the house).

HOLY MOLY!!! I hope this one sticks. Could everyone send us : ??? We're due to get a call on Monday to have the supervisory meeting and go from there to take our new daughter home from the hospital (since she's already cleared).

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#2 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Get your butt to that hospital! Then report back asap Crossing my fingers for you.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#3 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:05 PM

:::

Good luck momma - I'd leave now, too!! Guests be damned LOL
#4 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 PM

: Go!
#5 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

I seriously would be gone now, but dh is aching to go to and it would be cruel to leave him here with everyone and just leave. I am SO UPSET!!! I did tell the state that we have a housefull tonight of I'd be there and she laughed. Going at noon tomorrow. You SO KNOW I'm NOT getting any sleep tonight!

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

#6 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:07 PM

:::::::::: :
AHHHHH!!!! I'm soooooo happy for you!!

That is soooooooooo cool!!

Don't worry about the details, they will fall into place. It's sounds as if you were MEANT to have this baby girl. What a beautiful blessing!

And BTW, I'd get your hiney over there to see her!! How on earth can you contain yourself??

Many, many positive vibes headed your way.

:

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#7 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 PM

why hasn't your company kicked you out the door yet? Seriously, they'll be ok for a few hours without you, or they could go with you.

Our children make a study of us in a way no one else ever will.  If we don't act according to our values, they will know.~Starhawk Rainbow.gif  New  User Agreement! http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/user-agreement

#8 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:10 PM

Dude, kick 'em out and BOTH of you go!
#9 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Heather, thanks for the e-mail letting me know to check here. I'm so excited. I've got to get Chris in bed but let me know if there's anything I can do.

Ok, Chris is now too excited to go to bed. He's slightly mad though that there's no picture here. I've tried to explain that you don't have a baby yet but soon.

Hugs. I was just thinking about you guys today.
#10 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:16 PM

Oh how exciting!!!! Lots of good vibes to you and your new daughter.
#11 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Company is cousin experiencing separation and here with his young son. Otherwise, I'd kick their butt out!

#12 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 09:18 PM

Take them with you! They can wait in the car!! You can run in and love up the baby and then drive home with them. :
#13 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 10:39 PM

Congratulations!

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

#14 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 10:40 PM

Take 'em with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They can wait in the waiting room! Or raid the cafeteria! Ohmygosh....: for you!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#15 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 10:49 PM

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#16 of 132 Old 11-14-2008, 11:36 PM

:

~ Colleen ~ Joyful Unschooling Pagan mama to hearts.gifenergy.gifsuperhero.gifjog.gif and babyf.gif
"When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead."
#17 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 11:15 AM

I bet you are there now holding her!!! Oh how exciting!

Christine. Unschooling mom to Hollis, Zobey, Zeda, Anna, and Wednesday. We have a lot invested in this whole family thing with marriage kids and a mortgage. You don't just give up on the whole deal when it gets difficult.
#18 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 11:21 AM

How's it going this morning? Have you seen her yet? Get any sleep last night?

Send me a picture as soon as you can. (I'll even forget that I never got the summer pictures )
#19 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 02:16 PM

What news! Keep us posted!

I'm pro-adoption reform, but not anti-adoption.
#20 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 02:30 PM

So, it's 11:30 here - which means it's 12:30 there - which means she might possibly be in your arms RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAAYAYAYAYAYAYAY. Please let us know everything as soon as you can!!! :::::::

Wendy ~ mom to VeeGee (6/05), who has PRS, Apraxia, SPD, VPI, a G-Tube, 14q duplication, and is a delightful little pistol! I'm an English professor and a writer.
#21 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 02:39 PM

#22 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thats so exciting....i can't wait to hear more about her!!! ::

One suggestion if it hasnt already been mentioned, ask everything you can of the nurses at the hospital, get as many mementos as you can, maybe even take pics of their nurses? I really wish i had that kind of stuff for my son, he spent two weeks in the hospital and was three weeks before i got him, so those first days and weeks of life he spent with nurses at the hospital...i always wondered if they had any pics of him, or any memories to share, and now i think its probably too late to find out.

Katherine

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#23 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 02:48 PM

How wonderful!!!
: : : : :
#24 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Okay... we saw her today. My son asked "Do you think they'll let us keep her?". I didn't know what to say. I told him she would stay with us until they could find her daddy and ask him if we could keep her (which is really not a complete lie). Then he said "I love her" when he saw her. It was kind of weird to see a nearly 5yo fawn over her and want her as much as we do.

She is BEAUTIFUL! JET BLACK hair and lots of it, but very pale. We know mom is Hispanic but we think the father must be Cauc. She was 6 lbs. 10 oz. at birth and 50cm (so about 19-3/4"). She tested negative for drugs and I don't see any glaring signs of FAS.

We had a heck of a time getting in to see her because... DUH... I didn't get her last name from the DYFS worker so they couldn't confirm who we were going to see... blah, blah, blah... we got in.

The nurses say she's a good baby--eats and sleeps and no complaints. She takes 1 to 1-1/2oz. every 3-4 hours and sometimes she takes a pacifier and sometimes not, but not a cryer and calm!

After seeing her and consulting with ds, current top contender for name is Mariella Grace!

How legal/safe is it for me to post a pic?

#25 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 03:57 PM

So glad you got to see her.

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#26 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 04:57 PM

I know that Heather probably isn't able to post a picture of her until the meeting on Monday, but she sent me a picture. Mariella Grace is absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad that you will have a half-Hispanic (although from different cultures) daughter as well.

I do have to giggle about not knowing her last name. That must have been so hard, wanting to see her but not knowing for sure who the "her" was.
#27 of 132 Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 PM

Mariella Grace, what a beautiful name, I love it! :

I too had a giggle about not knowing her last name. Only because had happened to me once when I went to visit a baby that was being placed with us for foster care upon his release from hospital. I felt a tad bit silly, telling the nurse, "Well I do know his birth weight!", lol.
#28 of 132 Old 11-16-2008, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilaura View Post
I felt a tad bit silly, telling the nurse, "Well I do know his birth weight!", lol.
I had birth date, gender and APGAR SCORES!!! LOL! How ridiculous! We're struggling to get the house back together and manage to go visit her. She's a good 30-40 minutes away.

I'm starting to get nervous about getting her IN the house. I'm trying to tell myself that all the other stuff we went through with placements has been "time served" for this one--but she's a healthy newborn and I can just see something "happening" and her going to another family. I'm trying very hard not to get nervous.

#29 of 132 Old 11-16-2008, 11:53 AM

If they gave you her info and told the hospital you are her adoptive parents, then it's unlikely to not go through. I do, however, understand your nervousness.

I have to laugh about the little you knew about the baby at the hospital. APGAR scores but not a name. That will be a great story to tell years from now.

Did you get any sleep last night?
#30 of 132 Old 11-16-2008, 03:16 PM

I understand your feeligns. I was nervous and Bryson was placed with us directly from his mother who is also a friend of the family. Those are just natural feelings.
She has a pretty name!!!!!!: Congrats and I hope everything works out for your family!!

When can you bring her home??

Kylin 10/14/2002

Aja 8/13/2004

Evie 3/11/2010

2 angels in Heaven (Alexis & Bryson)

Currently NTNP for baby #4 dust.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page