Glenn's birth story!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-17-2009, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So at 4:30am on Saturday (11/14) I was still up and my water broke I had a towel so my bed was safe I went cleaned up and tried to go back to sleep well that did not work I was to excited and nervous! so I just layed there and rested. then It finished breaking at 5ish so I went down woke up Dh (him and Ds like have "sleep downs" where they stay up late and sleep on the couch ) the contractions started soon there after. I then woke my mother up at 6:30ish told her she had me call the ob as contractions were 4 minutes apart. My sister came to stay with Ds and then I woke Ds up to tell him that I was going to go have his brother he gave me a big hug cried a little because he wanted me to stay but then was perfectly fine because my nephews where comeing over when they woke up we got to the hospital (it was about 7:45am) and I was at 6cm I thew up probaly 4 times I didn't get an eppi (I asked but luckily my ob said you told me not to give you one and you are at 6cm lets wait and see what happens )but I got the neuban so I could rest as I really did not sleep that night that was a godsend I liked that I still had feeling and expeareance the labor and birth but was able to relax I used my hypnobabies it ticked me off until the nuban started Dh was wonderful waayy better than I thought he would do I thought he would get nervous and scared but he was great. My mother was there also (of course) she did reiki and pushed on my back for me. I didn't get the nuban until about 9:00am. I started to push at 10:40ish and he was in my arms at 10:50am after only 5 pushes I have only a second degree tear He is now nurseing amazing he had a tiny latch issue but the lactation nurse was wonderful and helped me soooo much so now he is a champ he was 8.7 and 20 1/2inches (exactly like his big brother was!) he had facial bruising really bad because of his head position but now it is almost totally gone! Ohh he only lost 6 oz!!!! and my milk totally came in yesterday afternoon!
This labor was crazy intense compared to Ds1's and this labor was longer Ds1 was 45 minutes and way less intense I was so worried the whole pregnancy that something would go wrong and nothing did he pinked up in less than a minute, no cord around the neck nothing but perfection!!!!!
He is a sleepy baby he is hardly ever awake but as long as he is happy and content I am happy. Ds1 loves to help out so far but he is still just wanting his normal routine and as long as he has that he is happy so then I am happy last night we all did good we are having one big "sleep down" until I can go upstairs easily!
We are all so happy and in love with this boy it seems like he has always been here!!!!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

#2 of 3 Old 11-17-2009, 08:04 PM

Congratulations! and welcome to Glenn!

I don't usually read many birth stories, but saw yours on new posts and had to comment. My grandfather and brother are both named Glenn and I just love the name! It dosen't get enough love.

Kristy, wife to Josh proud mama to Katie: since 3/08 and Emma since 8/12.

#3 of 3 Old 11-19-2009, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristyDi View Post
Congratulations! and welcome to Glenn!

I don't usually read many birth stories, but saw yours on new posts and had to comment. My grandfather and brother are both named Glenn and I just love the name! It dosen't get enough love.

Thanks mama!

Glenn bouncy.gif 11*09 Joe 4*04 peace.gif Me praying.gif & Hubby geek.gif

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page