Aquila's birth and death- placental abruption during homebirth - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 102 Old 04-30-2011, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

bump

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#92 of 102 Old 04-30-2011, 07:28 PM

Liz, I want you to know that your sweet, sweet baby is not forgotten. Lots of hugs to you, mama.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#93 of 102 Old 04-30-2011, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i think about your baby and your story a lot Liz.  i have posted on here and others threads related to it. but i still think about it a lot.  I am so sorry that you and your family and your sweet baby have suffered with this tragedy.

#94 of 102 Old 04-30-2011, 11:10 PM

I happened to find this site tonight by following a completely unrelated thread.  Once here, I found a group of mothers who think and mother much like me so I became a member.  I've switched from a conventional "FDA believer" to a more natural approach since the birth of my last child 3 1/2 years ago.  I'm currently pregnant and my previous 2 children were born by c-section.  The first was breech and the second a c-section because we don't have many doctors who'll perform v-backs in NV.  Since switching everything from diet to healing over to a more natural approach, I've had friends approach me about home birthing this one.  I've heard similar stories, although never on such a first-hand account so my fears have prevented me from exploring that avenue.  I've also been wary because my last child had the cord wrapped around his neck 3x and at that moment I was so grateful for that c-section!  I know there are many successful home-births performed every day but as a mother I can't help but have that worry of, "but what it?"  After reading your linked blog, my heart breaks for you and your family!  I've had a few miscarriages which have truly made me appreciate my loving Heavenly Father who takes these sweet sprits home again and knows what trials will make us stronger.  I daresay, you're destined for sainthood for making it through with a positive attitude in this one.  Please know that your story has helped me greatly!  I admire and respect all home-birth mothers for their strength and determination and those midwives who perform their duties with diligence and integrity and I'm sorry you had such a bad experience in the latter regard.  Thank you for posting this and helping me make my decision.  My thoughts are with you and your family.

liz-hippymom likes this.
#95 of 102 Old 04-30-2011, 11:31 PM

Oh Liz, there are tears streaming down my face right now for you and your family. There are no words for this injustice!! I know your little angel is waiting for you in Heaven one day, and I know that for me that would not even bring me peace knowing that the "penalty" was so insignificant for the midwife. I am praying for you and your family. This story truly hurts my heart. What a strong mama you are.

#96 of 102 Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM

This is absolutely devastating and makes me cry.  Makes me appreciate my son despite a difficult labor.  Thank you for sharing your story.  You are so brave.

#97 of 102 Old 05-26-2011, 08:29 PM

I'm so sorry. 

#98 of 102 Old 06-14-2011, 04:17 PM

Hope you're doing alright Liz. hug2.gif Just wanted you to know that I think of you, Aquila and your family often.

liz-hippymom likes this.

#99 of 102 Old 08-08-2011, 07:05 PM

There's nothing I can say that will even remotely touch the emotion you must feel, but I want to thank you for sharing your story. May God bless your life continually...

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#100 of 102 Old 08-17-2011, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

thank you mamaecho

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif
#101 of 102 Old 07-02-2014, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz-hippymom View Post
born dec 19th 2009
birth story with pictures

http://ecmama.blogspot.com/2009/12/a...rth-story.html

and here is the more detailed one

http://ecmama.blogspot.com/2010/06/w...aquila_21.html
I am sorry to be connecting over something so sad. I realize your loss was a few years ago but I know you will hold Aquila close always. I will always hold my little girl close too. 😪 I would very much like to read your story and I was not able to access it. I would also quite likely like to possibly be in contact with you but I'm not sure I can ask that. It's so hard when I'm the only Homebirth/death in my baby loss group. And the only one that didn't know my baby would never take a breath. Thank you.
#102 of 102 Old 07-14-2014, 08:02 PM

Hugs

Vivi's mama, I am so very sorry for your loss. You can also read Aquila's story here: http://hurtbyhomebirth.blogspot.com/...las-story.html

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page