Pandora Moonlilly's amazing unassisted birth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-26-2010, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I really didn’t like the birth of my second son or the prenatal care I received.  Pretty much your standard crappy hospital birth where they made me lay on the bed the whole time, they made me take antibiotics for Group B Strep and the whole ordeal was stressful. They but me in a shared room but when I made a big stink they moved the lady that they were moving in and they made me stay there for three days and it realIy wasn’t a relaxing recovery, I just wanted to get home.

The idea to UC never even occurred to me until after the birth of my second child but even if I were to have another one with my ex, there is no way he would have been supportive of a homebirth let alone a UC.  so when I got pregnant with my new husband, he was very supportive of homebirth as he was born at home as well. The idea of UC made him a little nervous. I had him watch videos, he did research with me and had a plan in place in case of an emergency. I had also chosen to unassisted pregnancy, as I knew I would deny many of the routine prenatal testing anyhow and I monitored my own vitals.  I also knew I didn’t want to vaccinate and I really didn’t want to deal with challenging the doctors and nurses about it.  Laboring and birthing my own way in a gentle home environment was extremely important to me.

While at lowes buying an attachment for my water hose I went to the bathroom and noticed I was spotting. I told Nick that it was time and called work to let them know I wouldn’t be in the next day. I knew it would be awhile so we went to Walmart to get some things and to kill time.

We came home and I went into super cleaning mode and swept and mopped the kitchen and did some dishes. Then we blew up and filled up the pool. I ate some and sat on my exercise ball because by then I was really feeling the contractions and sitting there made me feel more comfortable. My best friend arrived and we hung out and waited until I wanted to get in the tub.

We lit the candles, put on the music and Nick and I stripped down and got in the tub. My friend took lots of pictures. I labored in the pool for about an hour before I felt the urge to push. I pushed gently with each contraction. I was on my knees and I was hugging Nick who was sitting right in front of me. The baby came out and I pulled her out of the water. She instantly started crying and I put her to my breast and was so happy to see I had given birth to a girl (I thought I would, just had that feeling but I was still on the green team).

I sat in the tub until the cord stopped pulsing then we cut it. Nick took the baby while I got in the shower, there I delivered the placenta and my BF took it and put it in the fridge. I sat on the couch and nursed the baby while they took care of emptying and cleaning out the birth tub.

I couldn’t have asked for a better first home birth. It was soooooo much better than being in a hospital. Most of my family were nay sayers so I made sure to call everyone to let them know that everything went smoothly and that I had a girl. The whole thing was less than four hours which I thought would be the case since the other two came so fast.

She couldn’t have come at a better time, some stuff had changed at work and we were getting new staff and clients and I really wasn’t looking forward to dealing with the change that was going to start the next day.  Also when she came the weather had went up from being in the teens to the 50′s and 60′s.

I also chose to eat the placenta. After the birth of my child I cut it into 14 chunks and froze it.  I then took a couple chunks and blended it with my strawberry whey protein and drank one a day for a week. I can’t really say if it helped me in anyway. I didn’t have any Postpartum Depression and my bleeding wasn’t too bad. I bled heavy for a week then after it was light and  stopped at four weeks postpartum.

l_18fdab12f33d4fc8aafa4fafc32a690c.jpg

l_14f5540d40ee408ea0509eda2090c0a4.jpg

l_5bfbad2d730d4767a648f6dcfad8dc4e.jpg

l_a32fa19212884205a07e6f3845c3460f.jpg

l_7e1ce6d624b84e379ab5af36eef2c91a.jpg

l_50b1df11ee9d4da6ba92cfc52d2fcd30.jpg

l_a54b70496d5e42438bd11a9559be497d.jpg

l_c53e6a9f476842d8962648dbc1676413.jpg

l_1b33169787ee412994b1261a198b542e.jpg

l_6826e4003e564b87bebfa74cae1cacad.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

A_Random_Phrase likes this.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#2 of 8 Old 10-26-2010, 10:46 PM

Hi, I wanted to see the pictures, but the links wouldn't work?
#3 of 8 Old 10-27-2010, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

they work for me. i just copy and paste on the browser
Posted via Mobile Device

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#4 of 8 Old 10-27-2010, 12:11 PM

Awesome mama! Congrats, what a beautiful baby!

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#5 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 03:31 AM

Thank you so much for posting these!

I cant decide which one is my favorite but it would have to be between the one where it is a close up of your face with your hands framing you ( you look so pretty!) or the one under the water with your guys hands on your belly. So sweet!

What a healthy gorgeous baby you had.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#6 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

i thought I was done having kids. my older 2 were hospital births as my ex was not into HB. Im so glad I had the opportunity to have my UC and that I had a baby girl. I remarried and it's really cool that DH was born at home too. The other day was actually the first time I saw these, 12 weeks PP i was 100 lbs more than when I got PG LOL I've lost 90 of it so far but I think if I had seen them when I was still that big it would have been heart breaking Now that I'm thin again I can actually appreciate them.
Posted via Mobile Device

#7 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlla View Post
i thought I was done having kids. my older 2 were hospital births as my ex was not into HB. Im so glad I had the opportunity to have my UC and that I had a baby girl. I remarried and it's really cool that DH was born at home too. The other day was actually the first time I saw these, 12 weeks PP i was 100 lbs more than when I got PG LOL I've lost 90 of it so far but I think if I had seen them when I was still that big it would have been heart breaking Now that I'm thin again I can actually appreciate them.
Posted via Mobile Device
I know from experience how hard it is to gain so much weight during pregnancy. I think it is wonderful of you to go ahead and post your pictures despite that though. For one they truly are beautiful and the peace and love during your daughter's birth is so obvious but also because it is so HARD to find pictures of a large woman giving birth. You have to search pretty hard just to find pregnant pictures of overweight women no less actual birth pictures. Large women, myself included, do indeed get pregnant and we do indeed give birth! I wish there were more pictures out there it would maybe show that we are finally accepting that woman of ALL shapes and sizes can be beautiful powerful mothers! Thank you again.

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#8 of 8 Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM

Thank you for posting this awesome story and those beautiful pics. I'm glad you were able to have the birth experience you wanted. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page