The amazing birth of Matthew and Molly, followed by PPH and peripartum cardiomyopathy - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 95 Old 12-04-2010, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Oh, my. That was not the birth story I was expecting to read! Your babies are gorgeous - I hope you'll be snuggling them at home, breastfeeding and rereading the last Harry Potter book very soon! :) Making it to 38 weeks and delivering them both vaginally is an impressive achievement... and I'm glad you survived the experience!

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#32 of 95 Old 12-04-2010, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Annette, I see people on vents every day, and still your picture of you on the vent breaks my heart.  You had some really amazing and exceptional caregivers.  I really hope someday soon when you have a moment you can write them a thank you.  In our hospital those letters are read and reread and savored over, no matter who did the good deed.  It brings us together so much as a team to know that we made some horrible experience better for another human being.

Beyond that...you are an exceptional woman who has been given an exceptional gift.  Your babies are beautiful and so are you.

"Listen, are you breathing just a little and calling it a life?"~Mary Oliver

RT knitting mama  to 3 (& 8 who didn't make it) wife working on 13 years to a silly man who drives me crazy.
#33 of 95 Old 12-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Banned

Big time hugs and congratulations Annette!!!  Thank you for sharing your story even though it was so difficult to write and share with others.  Enjoy those precious babies, your precious children and your precious husband but most important of all, take care of yourself!! 

#34 of 95 Old 12-04-2010, 09:36 PM

I'm so glad you are all okay! grouphug.gif

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#35 of 95 Old 12-04-2010, 10:13 PM

Annette - Thank you for sharing your story. You are one incredibly brave mama! 

You, Molly, Matthew, and your family have been, and continue to be, in my prayers throughout this trying and miraculous time.  

You were so blessed to have incredible caregivers, especially the lactation consultant and your midwife! What a miracle that the doc on call in the OR was a cardiologist! 

I pray for your full, speedy recovery and lots of wonderful, quality, tandem-nursing time with the twins.

Love, light, and healing to you and your family. 

Staying Zen om.gif for a healthy belly.gifand rainbow1284.gif babies via IVF after 2x angel2.gif

Grateful for my amazingsuperhero.gifDH!
#36 of 95 Old 12-04-2010, 10:16 PM

Oh goodness Annette, thank you so much for sharing. I am sorry you had it so rough and I am glad of the happy ending. Take VERY good care of yourself.

#37 of 95 Old 12-04-2010, 11:33 PM

I have no incredible words to put here, but WOW!! That story was touching, amazing, and scary but beautiful. It must have taken a great deal of strength and it was very fortunate that your mommy radar was on and you made all the best choices for your babies, family and personal health. It may have been a rough start, but you sound like you had the best support that any person in a situation like that could have asked for. Your Molly and Matthew are absolute dolls smile.gif I wish you and your whole family nothing but health, happiness, healing and also one of the Happiest Holidays you can have this year.  heartbeat.gif

~Cassie~ Mama of Katie 10 Josie 8 Gabe 5 Connor 3 and Forrest 2 and we almost made it to two nursing!!

#38 of 95 Old 12-05-2010, 07:09 AM

I am bawling my eyes out too. The story from your perspective is very powerful to read. I am so happy that you are back home and that everyone is healthy/on the mend. I really admire your strength and honesty.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#39 of 95 Old 12-05-2010, 08:18 AM

I read your story with tears streaming down my face. What an incredible birth and recovery you had! Your strength amazes me. I hope your return home to your family and new babies is healing and wonderful.  Blessings ~

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#40 of 95 Old 12-05-2010, 08:39 AM

It can't have been easy to recount your story Annette, but it was wonderfully written and I am so gladyou shared it.  So many things aligned just right in order for the right people to be there to help you, it just seems meant or divined.

Your babies are absolutely gorgeous!  THe pic of you on the vent holding them is heartbreaking adn incredibly beautiful all at the same time.

Health and healing to you mama!

Baking mama to dd (7.5), ds (6), ds (3.5) and someone new in April
#41 of 95 Old 12-05-2010, 09:04 AM

My goodness, this story has me crying - in a good way, because it could have been so much worse. I'm so glad everyone is doing at least as well as can be expected. It sounds like you had an amazing hospital with a lot of people who were really able to step up and help you and your family. And your babies, of course, are really freaking adorable.
#42 of 95 Old 12-05-2010, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thank you for sharing. I am so happy everyone is doing ok, the babies are beautiful. 

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#43 of 95 Old 12-05-2010, 07:32 PM

goodvibes.gif that you continue to heal and are back to normal very soon.

You babies are gorgeous heartbeat.gif

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#44 of 95 Old 12-05-2010, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

joy.gif

Annette, I cannot tell you how HAPPY I am for you right now! Happy that you're okay, that your babies are okay and that everyone was in all the right places at the right time. Now excuse me while I go wipe my tears... orngtongue.gif

hug2.gif

- Emy . Single mom to DS nut.gif Ezra (15.12.05), angel2.gif Thames (reincarnated 18.04.08) and DD rainbow1284.gif babyf.gif Allora (11.02.11) and dog2.gif Hoppylactivist.gif  novaxnocirc.gif  waterbirth.jpg fambedsingle2.gif bfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#45 of 95 Old 12-06-2010, 02:16 AM

Annettemarie, you are one of the strongest and bravest women I have ever read about, what an amazing birth story.luxlove.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post

In a typical attack of bullheadedness, I made sure Chip took pictures that included the babies being bottle fed. I’ll be darned if I am going to let a case of self-imposed mama guilt rewrite the babies’ history and I am working hard on not being ashamed of making hard and difficult choices. 

3:24 AM, Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thank you for writing that, I have been dealing with a lot of self imposed mama guilt myself and your bravery has encouraged me as well.  Thank you.hug.gif

Loved wife to JT and grateful mother to M (dd age 13) L (dd age 10) T (ds age 6) A (ds age 4) E (dd age 2) and C & S (twin boys born 10/13/10)
and yes, I blog. thumb.gif
#46 of 95 Old 12-06-2010, 04:45 AM

Oh my goodness that picture of you snuggling the babies while intubated is so touching.  What a lucky pair they are to have you luxlove.gif.  Congratulations and I'm so glad you're feeling better!

DS (6.06), DD (10.08), DD (05.11).

#47 of 95 Old 12-06-2010, 04:56 AM

Oh Mama!  What a story ~congratulations on your sweet precious babies, but so sorry you had to endure all of this -- what a strong mama you are...hugs to you and your family...you'll be in my prayers for a continued strong recovery!!!

#48 of 95 Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 AM

Hugs...

Please, please, please be gentle with yourself during this recovery.  I will be praying for you and your family.  You've been through so much, and thank God you were in the right place to be cared for at the right time. 

Catholic wife in love.gifwith my husband, mom to superhero.gifx5,  babygirl.gifx2, angel1.gifx6. Birther of babes, baker of bread, and connoisseur of human folly. WINNER OF THE SILVER BIRTH STOOL, APRIL 2010 DDC! Happily hospital birthing with my BFF, Epidural Man.
#49 of 95 Old 12-06-2010, 08:01 AM

Totally speechless, and thrilled that you are healing, awed at your perspective, turned to lovey-dovey-mush over your beautiful babies, and thankful to the support/staff/heavens that helped get you all through this!

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#50 of 95 Old 12-06-2010, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
*sniff*

Hugs, AM. To your husband, too.

Someone moved my effing cheese.
#51 of 95 Old 12-06-2010, 02:24 PM

Congrats on your beautiful babies and wishing you a speedy recovery! <3

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#52 of 95 Old 12-06-2010, 04:29 PM

Annette,

Congrads on your new babies and I wish you a safe recovery.  Your story is amazing.  You are so blessed to have such a progressive LC working at the hospital. 

Hugs

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#53 of 95 Old 12-06-2010, 05:13 PM

Oh Annette!!!!  Thank you so much for sharing your scary and amazing story.  I am so glad you are all okay.  

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#54 of 95 Old 12-06-2010, 05:37 PM

I, too, recently had severe PPH from the birth of my daughter. Reading your story made me remember how hard it was to be trying to recover my own health with a little one. Thank goodness you were where you needed to be. Sounds like the fates aligned to bring you to the right doctor, and the right LC, so you could have the best care possible. I hope you are being easy with yourself, both physically and emotionally, as you heal from a difficult birth.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#55 of 95 Old 12-07-2010, 05:41 AM

Thank you for sharing your story. So traumatic, and yet you were so blessed with all the right people there to help. I think we all need to hear about the good hospital staffs, going above and beyond, because so often we only hear the horror stories. I wish you healing, both physical and emotional.

Melissa crochetsmilie.gif, wife to Tom geek.gif, mom to The Baron modifiedartist.gif, the Bean superhero.gif, Little Bear diaper.gif, and Baby Beaver babyboy.gif
#56 of 95 Old 12-07-2010, 05:23 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your story and congrats on your beautiful new babies. I hope you continue to improve.  I checked out the mothersheart website and it is such a wealth of information!  Hopefully you can find some support there.  hug2.gif

Wife to Joe and Mama to Rosie, 6/28/06, Jack, 10/25/08 and JoJo 3/18/10.
#57 of 95 Old 12-07-2010, 05:54 PM

Oh, Annette, I am crying. What an amazing story and beautiful babies. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 
#58 of 95 Old 12-11-2010, 07:01 AM

I'm extra glad in ended so well in your case today, Anette, I just read a story about how it could have had a tragic ending, I had no idea it was that serious.

I'm so, so glad you are ok and at home with your babies!

*many hugs*

-pixie, my dear, and (A-88), N-98, Littlest-06/00-08/00, J-03 & Little Miss Cotton Ball Button-03 (SN), S-05, Hope-loss 09/09, Bean-loss 04/10, and littlePopcorn due feb. 8th -11.
#59 of 95 Old 12-14-2010, 09:47 AM

wow. very intense. frightening. eye opening. heart warming. relieving. what a hard tale to live and to tell...i am so happy you are ok and that m & m are too...and that you had such a wonderful LC and staff carrying out your wishes and what was best for your dear little babes.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#60 of 95 Old 12-14-2010, 11:37 AM

I am so glad you are okay, and that your babies are too!  Thanks for sharing your amazing story; I am praying for you and your beautiful babes and family!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page