Would you share your birth story for a project? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2011, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone!

I am working on a book project and I want to compile birth stories of natural childbirth.  It seems as though women, if they haven't had a natural childbirth, get discouraged by other women if they want to try it.  I want to put together some birth stories of natural births so that women see that it can be done!  Would you be interested in sharing your birth story?  I would use first name last initial unless you want to use an alias.  If (but hopefully when!) it's published you would get a copy.  What do you think?   Let me know if you are interested.  I am including my own birth story as well.  Feel free to message me or visit my profile to make sure I'm "legit" thumb.gif

Thanks,

Maiesha

Happy homeschooling homeschool.gif, cosleeping fambedsingle2.gif, babywearing femalesling2.GIFmama to DS 3/06 superhero.gif, DS 12/10 jog.gif,  and wife to DH hug.gif.

blogging.jpg   nocirc.gifcd.gif 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 08:14 AM

Jessi M.

For my first birth I had just turned 15 years old  2 weeks before going into labor. I had a natural birth.

I didnt go into labor on my own instead I had to be induced. The doctors started the medicine at 7 am. About for hours after that the contractions lightly started. It did not take long for me to start dialating at all, the only problem I had was i stayed 8 cm for what seemed like forever.BY this time my contractions were horible! But i knew that i wanted a natural birth. it is better for the baby too. I am a very skinny girl, before i got pregnant i was probably 112 i belive.And i still did it!! I was so proud and my doctor was shocked! :) I had my boyfriend mom and sister all in there with me for supposrt. My dad was there to but as you can probably imagine when the doctor said it was time i did not even see him leave. I think he flew my  Birthday was march second and here it is march 28 and im in labor before I can even drive a car!! I dont blame him for leaving. I didn't use an epidural nor did I use birthing balls or anything i just focused on what i wanted and laid on my back through it all. 12 hours later it was time to start pushing. I started pushing at exacting 7pm and at 7:16pm Boom my little boy was here 7lb 14oz,,21in long head 18in around. Now I am 34 weeks pregnant and I plan on doing yet again another natural vaginal delivery. It is not that bad. It hurt yes but all labor hurts contractions hurt no matter what. And during vaginal delivery to me at least, You dont feel the pain of the baby coming out you just feel the contractions.

I dont know if this is what you are looking for but thats my story. I hope it can be of some use to you and good luck!!

Old 05-03-2011, 11:06 AM

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

You're welcome to use my two, which you can read online.

Austin's birth story

Avalon's birth story

Jaimee G.

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

Old 05-03-2011, 11:50 AM

Feel free to use my story, too. 

-Joanna B

Jo - WOHM to E 12/26/10, Wife to SAHD DH.

cd.gifslingboy.giftoddler.gifbelly.gif

Old 05-25-2011, 02:32 PM

I've had three positive, unmedicated hospital births; my stories are here.

JoAnna

DH Collin

DD Elanor (8), DS William (5), DD Violet (3), DS Gabriel (1), DS Peter (born Oct. '13)

Noel (12/06) and Christian (03/09), always in my heart

Old 06-04-2011, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

You're welcome to use my two, which you can read online.

Austin's birth story

Avalon's birth story

Jaimee G.

I CRIED! Beautiful stories!

Old 06-04-2011, 05:46 PM

Old 06-14-2011, 05:34 PM

http://bringbirthhome.com/birth-at-home/unassissted-birth-stories/bethanies-unassisted-home-birth/

Bethanie, Single Mama to Clementine Aislyn born via waterbirth.jpguc.jpg on 11/23/08. Hoping to homeschool.gif We cd.gifsaynovax.gif
Old 06-14-2011, 05:42 PM

You can use my 2 natural hospital births, one vbac and one vba2c with twins
http://healingfromcesarean.blogspot.com/2009/02/empowered-vbac-birth-of-my-second-son.html
http://healingfromcesarean.blogspot.com/2011/01/fast-and-furious-unexpected-natural.html

Kara mommy to Jason 9/27/04 ribboncesarean.gif, Jacob 6/1/06 vbac.gif, Nathan 11/13/08 ribboncesarean.gif, and twin boys Isaac and Caleb born 1/10/11 vbac.gif

User Tag List