Video Of My Perfect Home Water Birth! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-23-2011, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This Is the Planned Home Water Birth of Our 3rd Child. We didn't Know the Gender Ahead of Time, So we Nicknamed the Baby Sticky. This Is Our First Homebirth and I wish I had done it this way Every time. I Don't know how Anyone can cope through Contractions strapped to a bed with Monitors on your belly, Sitting or laying on your back. In fact I didn't cope the previous 2 times, but resorted to Drugs both times and even an Epidural with My 2nd. Being able to move through the contractions, to lean on the arm of the couch, the kitchen counter or my bed, and have my husband apply counter pressure to my Lower Back and belly Took SO MUCH of the pain away! In Fact I was in denial right up til I was pushing, thinking labor would stop or stall that day because the pain was quite manageable, and because my contractions were not consistently spaced. They Started around 4 or 5pm the previous Night, 15 minutes apart for a few hours, then 10 minutes, then we went to bed around 12 or 1 am, frustrated and desperately wanting labor to happen! The contractions Woke me at 5 am, and I putted around the house, making tea, cleaning, getting things laid out 'just in case'. The Contractions were 10, 4, 7, 9, 5, 13, 3, 8, 2, minutes apart for hours. Never really a consistent pattern, and the gap would be wider when I was resting or sitting. My Midwife Checked Me around 12:30pm and I was 3-4cm Dilated but stretchy to a 5. When They finally did get about 5-2 minutes apart My Husband encouraged me to get into the labor Pool, as it might be just the ticket to finish things up. That was at 2:44pm...

This was the most amazing Birth and Went Exactly According to Plan. Being Comfortable in our own Home, Safe In the Midwife's Hands, Trusting My Body and the Wisdom I had Gain Concerning Childbirth was So Special and I will Treasure this Experience forever. Hospitals are great when Necessary, But Babies can and Should be Born at home into Experienced and Knowledgeable Hands. There is Nothing Like it!

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#2 of 12 Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 PM

Congrats mama!  Beautiful video, and a gorgeous little girl!

Xzavier - 9 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif    Julien - 5  modifiedartist.gif   Jayce - 3  moon.gif    Jaxon - 18mos  jog.gif

Hoping for a babygirl.gif in November!

#3 of 12 Old 07-26-2011, 06:00 AM

SOOO precious! It made me cry and want MY baby to be here already. I am cherishing this pregnancy, though, because I'm sure it'll be my last child(3rd). Congrats! I hope my home waterbirth goes this smoothly!!!

#4 of 12 Old 07-29-2011, 12:14 PM

Congratulations! What a beautiful video, had me crying! Enjoy your babymoon luxlove.gif

#5 of 12 Old 08-01-2011, 10:25 PM

Congrats !!!!!!

Live ,Laugh,Love Mama to DD13,ds11,dd6 ,dd2 and ds 2 familybed2.gifnursex2.gifhomeschool.gif

#6 of 12 Old 08-02-2011, 10:36 AM

congrats!

#7 of 12 Old 11-16-2011, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Basking In the Chaos of 4 Small Children Who Call Me Mom

joy.gif

Brittanyfly-by-nursing2.gif Wife to Cedricblowkiss.gif (heartbeat.gif4-9-05heartbeat.gif) Mommy to: Gideon Edmundsuperhero.gifG.E.M.(2-1-07)stillheart.gif

Miscarried Isabelle Aurora2ndtri.gif I.A.M. (12-12-08) Lorelei Ariahwool.gifL.A.M.(1-14-10)stillheart.gif  Youtube.com/user/murillomania

Tabitha Ivy Esperanza babyf.gifT.I.E.M.(7-17-11) My First h20homebirth.gif  stillheart.gifPhineas Alexander Lyric babyboy.gifP.A.L.M.(3-30-13) rainbow1284.gifuc.jpg

#8 of 12 Old 11-18-2011, 02:02 AM

Congrats! Very Beautiful- and so glad you got the birth of your dreams!

Married to Michael and Mother of Jake 9, Jillianne 7, Jensen 5, Jacen 4. I've got severe osteoporosis, a fractured hip and chronic pain-so please be patient with me! Pagan,Crocheter,Reader,Homeschooler- that's me in a nutshell.

#9 of 12 Old 11-24-2011, 07:59 PM

I loved the video! I appreciate you sharing. Congratulations on such a beautiful baby and birth!

Mama to five babies. The newest one made her debut 7.10.12!

#10 of 12 Old 12-09-2011, 10:30 AM

Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing. I am loving all these birth stories and can't wait to share my own!

#11 of 12 Old 12-29-2011, 05:41 AM

Oh man, sobbing like a weepy wanda over here! My DD and I just thoroughly enjoyed this video...what a beautiful birth and GORGEOUS daughter!

Seeing how neat it was to find out her gender and the fact that you waited a while after her birth has renewed my resolve to stick it out on Team Green!! THANKS!

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

#12 of 12 Old 12-30-2011, 02:45 PM

That was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

M,partner to D,mama to Sofia (6/01), Madeline(11/04), and Quin(2/08)  Hoping for a tubal reversal baby SOON after the proceduremakebabe.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page