My Beautiful outside homebirth and special surprise baby (Lots of pics in #39 update in #70 & 38) - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

#61 of 80 Old 08-11-2011, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice! Yeah, I don't have that option in my neighborhood. The houses are right next to each other and I don't even have a privacy fence. I always go into labor at night, anyway, so I didn't even think of being outside.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#62 of 80 Old 09-12-2011, 03:17 PM

what a beautiful story! Your birth sounded absolutely amazing. He is so beautiful in that picture. Good luck to you all!

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

#63 of 80 Old 09-12-2011, 03:19 PM

oh, the updated pics on page 2 - my goodness! your birth is soooo beautiful and then it looks so scary for you :( I can't even imagine what a wild ride of emotions that was!

Crystal

mom to two boys (9/19/98) (8/24/03) and soon to be # 3 (7/2/11)

#64 of 80 Old 09-12-2011, 04:12 PM

Saw this in New Posts, and decided to drop in. 

He is just such a beautiful baby!  Congratulations!

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#65 of 80 Old 09-20-2011, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenofsimple View Post

oh, the updated pics on page 2 - my goodness! your birth is soooo beautiful and then it looks so scary for you :( I can't even imagine what a wild ride of emotions that was!

It was! it was like that for the first couple weeks. I'm a little more adjusted now that the scary health stuff is over, but now theres just the whole life of uncertainty. I guess every kid has their "things". You never know when they're born if they're going to get leukemia when they're 3. or adhd, or get in a freak accident. While i dont believe in God, per se, I do believe in the universe and Mother nature and that what was meant to be will be. It gives me peace knowing that if we would have known about his diagnosis prior to delivery that it would have been different. Dont get me wrong, there are still days I cry my eyes out thinking about what kind of life we'll have now compared to what might have been. But that's life!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Wonder View Post

Saw this in New Posts, and decided to drop in. 

He is just such a beautiful baby!  Congratulations!

Thank you! He's getting chubby cheeks now and is pretty darn cute. Going to look a lot like big brother I think. smile.gif
mamabear7 likes this.

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#66 of 80 Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 AM

This post has been removed due to privacy reasons.

#67 of 80 Old 02-07-2012, 11:36 PM

I know your LO is already 6 months+ but now but just wanted to say congratulations! I had that surprise with my first bub and I, like you, was so happy i got the peaceful birth I needed due to not having advance diagnosis. My LO is nearly 2 now and is amazing but it took me most of year to get completely 'over' the surprise. I like to think I took it well but honestly your posts show a lot more peace than I had so soon!

In any case, I'm 5months into #2 and plotting another peaceful birth hence reading these birth stories. Thanks so much for sharing yours. It made my day. blowkiss.gif

#68 of 80 Old 02-10-2012, 06:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I just read the birth story in the link below. It had me in tears, literally weeping.  It really changed me. Thank you for posting the link. And thank you to the OP for sharing your incredible birth story. Your baby is truly beautiful. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGift View Post

Wow, what a beautiful story and an adorable angel you have there! I thought I would pass on this great blog that I have been enjoying for some months now. It is a blog of a photographer mother that has 2 little girls, one with Down Syndrome.  http://www.kellehampton.com/ and her birth story: http://www.kellehampton.com/p/nellas-birth-story.html

#69 of 80 Old 02-23-2012, 12:35 PM

Congrats on his health!! He is gorgeous!!!

#70 of 80 Old 07-23-2012, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Update...

1 year later... almost to the minute

The past year has been really pretty good. I struggled for the first 4-5 months to really bond deeply with Dean. It took me a long time to see him as him and not as his diagnosis. But so far he has been like any other typical baby. he's developmentally on track and aside from some minor hearing loss that we are sorting out, he has had no health problems often related to trisomy 21. He is a super happy, healthy, easy going breast fed, cloth diapered, BLW'ed baby. smile.gif I still have waves of despair thinking of his future, and mine. but I just tell myself that even with a typical child, you never know how they will turn out or what might happen. He has a bright future and especially given his great development so far and the early interventions that we are doing, I have no reason to hold him back whatsoever.

Happy Birthday Dean!
mamabear7 likes this.

Jenica- Wife to R & mama to C 8/27/09, my little blonde bombshell and D 7/23/11, whom we love so much we gave him an extra chromosome      cd.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIF

#71 of 80 Old 07-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Happy Birthday Dean!

“A woman in Birth is at once her most powerful, and most vulnerable. But any woman who has birthed unhindered understands that we are stronger than we know.” –Marcie Macari
#72 of 80 Old 07-23-2012, 05:41 PM

Happy Birthday BABY DEAN! He's gorgeous.

Certified Crazy™ Wife to my Spiderman husband luxlove.gif(Aug '01)

Super proud Momma  to DD (Jan'00), DD (Apr '02) and DS (Jun '04)

Always loving and missing our Baby James angel.gif born sleeping at 19 weeks (July '03).

signcirc1.gif

#73 of 80 Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 AM

I think of you guys often.  Happy birthday to an obviously very happy little guy!

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#74 of 80 Old 07-24-2012, 09:20 AM

Aww, yay! What a sweetie boy. Happy Birthday Dean!
#75 of 80 Old 08-29-2012, 04:35 PM

Awww has it been a year already! Wow! Happy Birthday Dean! Your family is very blessed to have you in their lives! joy.gif

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#76 of 80 Old 12-12-2013, 04:55 PM

I'm reading every birth story on here, but I want to bump this one as it touched me ♥ He is absolutely GORGEOUS!

DD1 had the marker for downs and it was test after test and a hospital birth.

This birth we are planning an outdoor homebirth, much like this one so I loved reading this. 

Kailey 8.1.06 Midwife - Hospital

Nola 3.20.09  Midwife - Homebirth

EDD 7.12.14 New Midwives -  Outdoor Homebirth w/ a Team Green baby!

33 weeks

#77 of 80 Old 03-23-2014, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Just an update at 2.5 yrs and celebrating a belated World Down syndrome day.

Dean is still doing so very, very well. He has close to 100 signs and around 50 words. He loves to climb and play and be a typical 2.5 yr old. He loves trucks and trains and things that go. I think that gentle, attached parenting and tons of involvement have definitely helped him excel. He's just a little rock star!

#78 of 80 Old 03-24-2014, 03:58 PM

OMG could he be any cuter! So happy to hear Dean is living it up!! Proof what love can do! :thumb

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#79 of 80 Old 03-26-2014, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

What a sweetpea - congratulations!!

me, my man, and our boys (1/08 and 3/11)

#80 of 80 Old 03-26-2014, 10:01 AM

So precious!

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page