Unassisted Birth of my DD - Mothering Forums

Thread Tools
#1 of 4 Old 11-13-2011, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
dayiscoming2006's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)



The Birth of my DD 


9lbs 3 oz  21 in long



Had prodomal labor pretty bad on Saturday the 14th. Was sure it would lead to a baby coming out at the time, but nope.  Lost a bunch of sleep and mucous plug and my contractions went away at around 6:30am.

Slept for 3 hours in the afternoon as well as walking around hoping that things would start again but they didn’t. So went to bed that night disappointed but I knew I could use more sleep so let it go.

The next day I was super disappointed because it really seemed like everything was stopped. Just sat around and relaxed with my kiddos and tried to remain patient though I did cry a bit just because I was quickly nearing 41 weeks and knew my family would be on my case and it was the longest pregnancy I ever had, so I was sort of concerned about it.

Went to bed that night after having a few weak contractions at far off intervals. Nothing interesting.

I figured it would be a while still.

Woke up at 1:30am with a contraction that was a little painful but was able to go right back to sleep. Woke up at 3:30am to use the bathroom with a contraction that was a little more painful. Tried to lay down to sleep but contractions were too uncomfortable though still a bit of a space apart. I finally gave up at around 4am and got up and called my best friend who lives in a 2 hour later time zone to pass a bit of time and let her know what was going on. She talked with me for an hour and was helping me time contractions to try to guess if this could be it or another bought of prodomal labor.

Contractions were stronger and getting longer and were pretty close together so we agreed things looked promising.

I got off the phone and woke up hubby around 5:50am. I took a shower and tried to manage contractions. I was pretty certain by this point that I’d have a baby that day. Things got more intense, but not really awful. Contractions remained 3-5 mins apart and varied from 45-1+ mins in length. I didn’t go crazy timing them, but just did a little test of them toward the end. Contractions hurt and I thought maybe I’ll have baby before lunch time. But I figured I still had a ways to go. Well, I got discouraged for a little bit because it seemed like my contractions were spacing out some and didn’t seem very intense. So, I got up to go to the bathroom. I stopped in the dining room on my way and leaned against the table during a very pressury, ouchy contractions. I sat on the toilet and had 2 more very pressurized contractions that made me think, wow, this is interesting. I wonder if things will be happening even sooner than I thought. I went to the living room and had two more very pressurized contractions that made me sway off to the side and made me think ouch, this is going to suck.

I told hubby I was going into the bedroom to deal with the next contractions. I just felt like something was going to happen soon but still thought it’d be a little bit more, maybe a half hour to an hour before any pushing or anything like that.

I was wrong. I got in there and stayed on my knees on the floor while leaning over the bed. I had a really pressurized contraction start. I just knew toward the middle of it that my waters were about to break. Then they did and after that I felt baby fall down low into the pelvis.

I just knew that I was going to pushing then. I yelled out to hubby to get in there because I think I’m about to start pushing. He came in the room and was supporting me. He was very good. I got my next 2 contractions thinking I’d have the fetal ejection reflex thing like I had with my DS2. It wasn’t happening. I figured out very fast that I’d be having to push this baby out with the contractions. Every time I pushed I felt the need to scream at the top of my lungs because the pain was like nothing I ever felt in my other births.  I do feel it was productive screaming as I was still able to do all that my body needed me too. The screaming was just me attempting to cope with the intense pain. I imagine in the hospital they wouldn’t have liked it very much. I pushed hands and knees and variations of it.

My husband told me it took a half hour or so to push her out. She came out at 9:16 am Mountain Time.

Hubby caught her. And I flipped around. She wasn’t crying or breathing yet, so I rubbed her body and she started crying a little gurgly. So, hubby suctioned her out a little and she was bright pink in no time. She wouldn’t take to the breast right away. The placenta came out with a contraction about 5 minutes after she was born. After that, I tried nursing her again. I was quite dizzy, which is actually pretty typical for me after a birth. I wasn’t sure about the blood loss. I don’t think it was excessive but based on being rather dizzy, I decided to use the “wombstringe” I bought. I think it helped along with baby finally latching on and feeding. I remained a bit dizzy for a few hours after the birth but it was better by the end of the day. I was shocked that I hadn’t torn. I have an episiotomy scar and I didn’t tear with my second son’s birth either. But, with how painful this birth was and I could feel how tight it was down there when her head was coming out, I thought I would have torn. I may have had a couple skid marks, but nothing noticeable.


And that is the story of my DD's birth. She is now a beautiful, growing, strong, 6 month old. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

 homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       


dayiscoming2006 is offline  
Sponsored Links
#2 of 4 Old 11-14-2011, 09:35 AM
TiredX2's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: it appears to be a handbasket
Posts: 19,789
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations!  Thank you for sharing your birth story with us. 



TiredX2 is offline  
#3 of 4 Old 11-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This post has been removed due to privacy reasons.

grassisgreener1334 is offline  
#4 of 4 Old 01-12-2012, 03:51 PM
ChristSavesAll's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 721
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Love your birth story! I had a similar pushing experience, with my first dd her head was out in one push and with the second her body came flying out! With dd#2 oy, I really had to push her out and she came very slow!

Nichole, wife to Kris SAHM to Timothy : :10-11-03, Hosanna , Seraphim 8-17-08 : caught by Grandma! Faith 1-4-10 : Caught by Daddy!
ChristSavesAll is offline  

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 9,710

14 members and 9,696 guests
alexbbbb , Beth D , BirthFree , Crewster , FelicityJones , gazebos5 , jacynthe , katelove , manyhatsmom , menna ahmed radwan , NaturallyKait , shantimama , Silversky , thinkrace
Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.