my uc story jeska grace - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was 41 when I got pregnant, 42 when my first born was born May 25, 2012.

The day I did the first home test, I sat on the throne and looked at test. I heard the Lord tell me, “I’m going to teach you something about childbirth for your future ministry. “ I thought OK I wonder what will happen. In hospital how will I learn anything. They control. Mid wife can I find one who will home birth at 42. Will I get my way?

My hubby when finding I was looking at midwives said, "Why do we need anyone to help with birth." I said, "I don't think we can legally do that without having baby taken." so kept looking at midwives. Nurse mid wives gave out list of drugs I could take. No herbs. Not even ginger was listed. Take Dramamine it said. ‘Holistic’ midwife gave same list. She ask me what I took for herbs. I now dought she had any idea what to use. So  I talked to one certified mid wife on phone ( the ‘holistic’ one). I made it VERY clear there would be under no terms anything or anyone ever touching my private parts but my hubby. She agreed on phone. We went to see her. She talked down to a 41 year and 51 year old like we were 5 and order a ultra sound because SHE didn't believe me that I know the exact date of our conception. Was very easy for me to know that date because of the way we are as a couple. So not realizing, either one of us (sadly) that we were just again manipulated by med science because this is suppose to be a holistic midwife, I went for test. I have never felt so violated in my life. Felt like I was rapped the moment I saw my whole vagina on screen. Something only my husband should ever have ANY kind of contact with. I hurt for 24 hours after that, like I had been punch in stomach. And baby tried to hide. Words of tech who did ultra sound. My hubby was mad that I was in such pain. Then I talk with midwife on phone about week later. She told me what she WAS going to do. How she would be touching areas I had already said was not going to happen. I then felt rapped just by her thoughts. I canceled next appointment saying I would get a hold of her after New Year. I felt dirty for weeks. Finally I told my hubby how I was feeling, and near tears. He again said, "Why do we need anyone to help." I said again, " I don't think it's legal not to. What if they take our baby away from us. He said, " I don't think it's illegal. The next day after 3 google tries  I found Laura Shanleys site and Thur her unhinderliving.com and many others. The midwife was fired! We just never called her back or answered her MANY calls and mailings bugging us. We wonder why she was so thick as to not get that she was fired for 3 months. I told a couple friend how I felt about test and midwife. Got told it was ridiculous. Made me mad. In my research I found others who have gone Thur what I did over what Dr. did to them against their will.

Then I realizing what God had planned. So I started researching birth.  I read all of unhinderedliving.com over next months. Joined 2 blogs for support and read parts of Ida Mays book that everyone said to read. Got a little info out of that book. But not much as I wouldn’t read what she said about test after scanning some of it. Most of the good info was just the same as unhinderliving.com. Glad library had book so I didn’t waste money.

At 36 weeks I started having a lot of false labor. At 37 weeks she moved down. AAAAH!!! I could breath again! So I walked more over next to 2 weeks. On day 39

weeks things just felt different. So I went shopping to get things set so we didn’t have to run and get things after. The next morning I awoke to my cat who would not leave my side. Then I felt the contractions and knew why. They got stronger thru the day. I cooked up some grain salad to eat the next few days and some cookies. Something I don’t eat much of but sounded good. Told my husband when he got home we might have the real deal here going on. Feels different then last 3 weeks. By 9pm when he went to bed I told him, if we had plan to go to hospital we would be on the way as they are 10 minutes apart. They slowed for 2 hrs. 11 to 1 about 30 minutes apart. So I tried to sleep for  hour. Then they picked up at 3:30AM I woke my husband and told him I could use his support as they were 3 to 6 minutes apart and hurting my lower back. I gave him the job of timing to keep him awake. LOL They got a little closer together over next few hours. At 6:00AM they slowed with the sunrise to 30 minutes. So my body got the break I read sometimes happens before the big punch. And med science calls it stall. Nope it was a break. Till about 3pm in afternoon when I was really wanting it done because the back pain got worse but contractions were still 30 minutes apart. I had been outside trying different view hoping to getting things going. Came inside and told my hubby that I had been praying for hours that water would brake and baby would just come out. I left living room and lay on bed between contractions. Tried one on my side to see what my friend who birthed in hospital went Thur. That lasted no more the 10 seconds. I was on my knees in 1 seconded and decided any Dr. or midwife who made a women stay on side or back should be PUNCHED and hard!!! Because that punch wouldn’t even come close to the pain that gave! My hubby was praying in other room. I had two 10 minutes apart. They were all up to this point 30 sec to 1 min long. Now they were 2 minutes long and 30 sec apart for about half hr. I could feel baby moving down. Then I felt water and asked my hubby about what he saw. He said yup fits what he read about what water would look like that morning. That was about 3 contractions. Then I felt the fire. Ask hubby is she crowning. We didn’t know for sure what we were having. I knew from prophetic dreams that it was a girl. He said not yet. I said oh gosh It’s going to get worse. I wasn’t panicking just talking me into what was to come. Being aware so I was ready. Next one she crowned and head came Thur. Felt parts go around neck. Said that was the head right he said yes. I said THANK GOD! As I said that the next started and out she came. I laid my head on bed and just breathed as I heard her cry right away behind me as that was were daddy could catch her being I was on my knees leaning on side of bed.  My friend Thur the last part was corn bags my hubby heated in micro for my back. Just something that I thought would help and it did. That was all I did for pain the whole time. I had arnica but didn’t use that till after word for the healing process.

The placenta took 50 minutes to come out. At 30 min I told my hubby to make me a plastic path to toilet. As I read if you have problem with gross stuff go to toilet as that is a gross place. Knew I would need to do that in first place. Hubby was getting me placenta out when I felt it fall in toilet. I think I was bleeding to much as I got dizzy so I use the vinegar Cheyenne pepper tincture from unhinderliving.com. I made it about 3 weeks before. Worked great, flow went to half. I then took a bunch and I mean a bunch of prenatal vits. Drank juice and ate raisins. When we got done cleaning up me and kid I ate grain salad. If I have the chance to do again I would add Liquid Chlorophyll to list of

things to get. Was still paste looking after 2 weeks so got some and paste look gone in 12 hrs. Ate a lot of stuff to rebuild just didn’t do it like that stuff.

We now have a beautiful little girl. Jeska Grace Saxbury 6.12lbs 18 1/2in 4:14pm may 25, 20012.  we went for birth cert and being that a distant relative works down at town hall, we walked in and he said you’re here for a birth cert. got paper work no problem. Not first here in this town. He said it had been about 10 years and they had to get the comp up to speed for it so I will take it back this week. Town clerk is new to so she had to call the one from before to get some info. Understandable. Not something they get everyday. Just glad it is smooth so far.

I'm very happy about our birth experience. It was truly beautiful. As God meant ours to be.

DHcaffix.gif meteapot2.GIFDDfemalesling.GIFabout us 3 cats and 4 dogs goorganic.jpgfamilybed1.gifcd.gifsewmachine.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gifsaynovax.gifinthet.gifuc.jpg

#2 of 11 Old 06-10-2012, 11:45 AM

Awesome birth story! Congrats!
#3 of 11 Old 06-11-2012, 01:56 AM

Sounds awesome... very encouraging that you did it the way YOU wanted it done and in a way that made you and your husband completely comfortable. Congrats again! :)

#4 of 11 Old 06-19-2012, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Congratulations on your beautiful baby! It looks like you had a good birth experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleawicks View Post
 The midwife was fired! We just never called her back or answered her MANY calls and mailings bugging us. We wonder why she was so thick as to not get that she was fired for 3 months.

Well, did you tell he she was fired, or just not return her calls? That might solve the mystery.

#5 of 11 Old 06-20-2012, 05:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleZB View Post

Congratulations on your beautiful baby! It looks like you had a good birth experience!

Well, did you tell he she was fired, or just not return her calls? That might solve the mystery.

and i have read many times over last few months donn't tell them you just get more flac. and yet Dr offices don't call you over and over. SHE was out of line from the start and contutue to be!!!

DHcaffix.gif meteapot2.GIFDDfemalesling.GIFabout us 3 cats and 4 dogs goorganic.jpgfamilybed1.gifcd.gifsewmachine.gifgreenthumb.gifhang.gifsaynovax.gifinthet.gifuc.jpg

#6 of 11 Old 06-20-2012, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:

and i have read many times over last few months donn't tell them you just get more flac. and yet Dr offices don't call you over and over. SHE was out of line from the start and contutue to be!!!

Oh, I see! I hadn't realized that it's a thing with midwives not to let them know if you don't require their services anymore... are you sure? It seems unfair.

But that's not really important now, anyway. Congrats on the baby, and I'm glad it all worked out well in the end.

#7 of 11 Old 06-20-2012, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleZB View Post

Oh, I see! I hadn't realized that it's a thing with midwives not to let them know if you don't require their services anymore... are you sure? It seems unfair.

But that's not really important now, anyway. Congrats on the baby, and I'm glad it all worked out well in the end.

if their going to be like Dr then they need to be like Dr. and they are like dr by law. push med science and all that crap on you. I felt raped by her the last thing I wanted to do was talk to someone who does or even thinks they can do to the person something they bsaid no too. that is why we didnt go med route. thought mid wives were differeant, but they are not

#8 of 11 Old 06-21-2012, 09:53 AM

Congrats on the baby. I had two homebirths myself, but your decision to UC doesn't sound like a well thought out or planned one. Honestly the tone of your whole post disturbs me a little. Usually people who plan homebirths or UCs do so more thoughtfully  and by educating themselves, not out of anger. 

mom to jumpers.gif crazy boys
#9 of 11 Old 06-21-2012, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

If you go back and read it again you will see that I said it was God's plan from start. the whole mid-wife thing was God's way of leading us to do His will. also I study the whole time for the home birth. I don't feel that i need to justify my distrust of med science. If you trust them that fine but i believe med science will lead to the anti christ. if you don't that's your business. I am not alone in my distrust of them. naturalnews.com and infowar.com.  so a little less judgement of my beautiful birth would be great!!!

#10 of 11 Old 06-22-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:

If you go back and read it again you will see that I said it was God's plan from start. the whole mid-wife thing was God's way of leading us to do His will. also I study the whole time for the home birth. I don't feel that i need to justify my distrust of med science. If you trust them that fine but i believe med science will lead to the anti christ. if you don't that's your business. I am not alone in my distrust of them. naturalnews.com and infowar.com.  so a little less judgement of my beautiful birth would be great!!!

so if your baby were ill, you would not take him/her to a doctor?  you don't use antibiotics, ever?  they were created by medical science. 

i had an ectopic pregnancy and if i hadn't had medical science, i would have died.  would your interpretation of religious beliefs have caused you to believe that i should have died? 

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#11 of 11 Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

SimonMom-

Your posts have been removed from this thread.  They are personal attack.  Please refrain from accusing people of being a troll. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page