My baby was born today - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-03-2012, 12:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

She's not technically my own child, but born to my best friend, and I will be her unofficial godmother (neither of us are christians).  I was there for most of the ordeal, and wow, it was intense.  My friend is far from the mindset of most of the people here.  This birth had pretty much as many interventions as they could throw at us.  Epidural (requested very adamantly), pitocin, and vacuum thingy, all the shots and tests and eye goop, and yet, the hardest part was not the delivery.  About halfway through the day, my friend developed intense pain in her neck and shoulders.  I mean, she was screaming in pain.  It was awful.  We finally figured out it was because she'd been tensed up all day worrying about the potential pain the birth would bring.  We were able to get her onto her side while her boyfriend rubbed her shoulders and it made it bearable enough to push.  She was born just after 6:30 pm (I think someone said 6:34 or 6:38)

She's the prettiest little girl, sweet and quiet and alert.  She latched onto her momma's breast right away, the nurses were so helpful getting her positioned and showing mom just how to help her.  Afterward, we bonded while her mom had a sandwich.  I love her already.  It's become more and more likely over the years that I probably won't have my own child, so that makes this one all the more special.  

Not to mention, my friend was told at 19 that she'd never get pregnant, and if she were to, it would be ectopic.  Those first few days between the pregnancy test and the ultrasound were so scary, no one got their hopes up.  I was there for the ultrasound and saw her little heart beating.  It was amazing.  And now she's a full grown baby :).

Her name is Jamie, still working on the middle name.

~Dawn

Blah blah blah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Aww, very sweet. love.gif

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

User Tag List