I got my VBA3C - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-25-2012, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

OK short version:
 I was planning a HBA3C and although I ended up going in after I labored at home for about 18 hours (painful labor), her head was in bad position and I could no longer bare the pain ( tried all the natural comfort measures first) so I had them take me in for pain relief which I didn't want to do but it was that or another c-section (I learned a huge lesson not to judge other women who get pain relief, shame on me and I think it was meant to be that that hospital witness this and I did share before how I fantasized about hospital birth so I could tell them a thing or two and I did have to put up a little fight cause they wanted to section me but our vitals were great and no reason to. FTP was not a reason to me) but I got to rest overnight which I needed because I was up for almost 2 days already from when before my water broke at 11pm the 17th and then in the morning (july 19th, her due date and new moon) I was dilated to 10 and with first set of pushes we could see her head (they held mirror for me) and 1hr and a half later she was out. It actually was the easiest part of the whole thing even though I did end up with 2nd degree tear and huge roids that are killin me). I made history in Duluth, MN and have a healthy baby girl who did most of the work. Her name is Juno. We went home after 24 hours and the whole birth minus the pain relief was all natural, Doc handed her right to me, skin to skin, I rubbed her and suctioned her, delayed cord clamp, placenta deliver itself, no shots, eye goop, vit K or PKU, and she is breastfeeding and she left wrapped in a moby after 24 hrs. She stayed on me the whole time and her first diaper was cloth!!! But I DID IT!!! After 3 c-sections I had a vaginal birth!!!!

nearlyelated likes this.
#2 of 2 Old 07-25-2012, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats! I too, got my vbac after "caving" to pain relief (dr's words - how supportive) and I completely understand what you mean about never judging women who need pain relief. I'm so glad you got your vba3c and were strong enough to advocate for yourself to get it. Good for you!

K: high school teacher and mama to DS1 (7/07), loss (10/10) and DS2 (7/12). Married to my best friend and soon to be elementary school teacher!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page