How far into labour did your water break? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2012, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

there is no specific point during your labour when the water will break. It can be at the beginning or in the middle of it. No rules here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 05:41 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)

I don't know when my water broke. I was in the hospital with contractions coming every few minutes. I was told I was only 1cm dilated at that point, and I was so disappointed and in pain, I went to sit on the toilet in the bathroom (felt like having a BM). 30 minutes later, dd was born into the toilet. I know my water didn't break when she crowned. She slipped out right after crowning, and I had screamed in shock. Everything was hazy after that with the midwife and dh running in to check on the baby. I never did find out whether she was born en caul or not.

single mama to dd (June 2011)
#2 due December 2014!
Old 09-11-2012, 05:55 AM

Mine has always broke while pushing.  DS2 was breech and born in the caul.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

1st and 3rd baby my water broke when I was pushing, but with my second labor started after my water broke. So, yeah..it varies.

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
Old 09-24-2012, 09:51 AM

My first, as others have said, had my waters broken to 'speed up the process' when I wasn't in full labor! (you only know after having 2 I say)

My second, I was 6 days late & BEGGING for them to break my waters & they didn't, just sent me home after a stretch & sweep (youch). Within in the hour I was back at hospital. 15 mins after that I was in full labor bellowing like a cow.... (quite hysterical the next day), & once I felt a drop you like a well, I guess babies head fall down into your 'cavity' My waters broke. & I smiled (or squealed with joy knowing I HAD DONE IT!!)

Old 09-24-2012, 09:53 AM

Forgot to write I'd labored at home for 5 hours before the stretch & sweep. I am all for staying home until your body says to go. Otherwise the hospital puts your body off doing what it does best

User Tag List