VB breech baby story - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-16-2012, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been told the birth of my second child is very unique and probably the first of it's kind seen my my doctors.

Cody was supposed to be a HB, like his brother. My midwife noticed marconium as I was laboring in the tub in my living room, felt me, and said my baby was breech and that we needed to go to the hospital to have a C-section. I was shocked. I cried. A C-section was not in my plans. I waddled back into the living room, got back into the tub and announced I would still like a home birth. Now I cringe as I think what could have happened if my midwife and hubby hadn't had insisted I go to the hospital.

I was minutes away from delivering when we got there (somebody actually drove the SPEED LIMIT on the way to the hospital!!! Hello?!!!) and the C-section was called off due to Cody being so far down. The doc wasn't to pleased about that, but what can you do? The pain was twice that of my first son, who was born head first. Man, I'll never forget it. And I'll never forget the nurse telling me to stop yelling in pain and focus! LOL!!!

Cody came out like this: one leg. Than the other bent so the sole of his foot payed against the inside of his inner thigh. Can you picture that? Than his head stayed in (perhaps to linger and say goodbye?) just enough to make the doctor yell for the forceps and for me to think, NOPE! With one more push, he was out.

Looking back, I think I should have sold tickets, seeing as how it appeared the ENTIRE hospital staff was standing opposite my spread legs. Cody was wisked away to the NICU for swallowing his marconium, which caused a collapsed lung. But after 5 days, I brought my precious 7 pounder home.

Whew!! What drama!! Has anyone else had a breech VB? I'd love to hear your experience!! smile.gif

Crunchy Christian mama to my home birthed, unvaxed, uncirc boys Shane and Cody!!joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Congratulations on your new little one and thanks for sharing your story. Happy babymoon!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page