Nevermore Stargazer is finally here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DH was not home nor has he been home all weekend. we knew that when he signed up for the medical study that it was always a possibility that he may miss the birth. 

at 11 pm on on thur night i noticed some pink discharge when i went to the bathroom, i called my friend who would be coming to my unassisted home birth to let her know that i was going to go to bed and that tonight may be the night. at 1:30 am i woke to use the bathroom and felt a little crampy but decided to lay back down. 2 am there was no denying that i was in labor and i called my BFF to tell her i was going to start setting up and she should head over since historically my labors have all been under 4 hours.

i set up the birth tub and candles etc while waiting for her to arrive and after the tub filled i got in around 3:30 am. the contractions at that point were starting to get more intense and i moaned through them. 

at 6 am DD woke up and came to the kitchen, i invited her in the tub with me and we cuddled a little while before she wanted to get out. around 6:30 i felt the need to push, i pushed a few times and felt the head but the baby was not coming out. we discovered that the water bag was still intact and we decided to break it to make it easier for the baby to come out. i kept pushing but she was just not coming out so we slowly massaged and stretched the vaginal opening over the babies head until she finally born at 7 am. i was soooo excited that my hunch was right and that she was a girl! the reasons she was so hard to push out was because she came out with the complete top of her head presenting rather than the back of her head. 

we sat in the tub for a half an hour before cutting the cord then i took a shower and delivered the placenta in there. my BFF was sweet enough to cut it up for me and freeze the chunks and make me a placenta smoothie. she also drained and cleaned up the birth tub while Nevermore and i laid in bed. The boys had woken up shortly after she was born and came to see us in the birth tub. ds2 had tons of questions about the cord and blood lol 

Nevermore was 10 lbs 4 oz, 20.5 inches and head 14.5 inches  Oh and she has my dimples! the only one to get them 

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#2 of 16 Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 PM

I've been wondering about you!  So glad she is here :)

Mama to three

#3 of 16 Old 11-04-2012, 07:14 PM

Congratulations!

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#4 of 16 Old 11-04-2012, 10:26 PM

What a big, beautiful girl! Congrats smile.gif

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

#5 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 01:23 AM

Her name is so beautiful, it's like pure poetry love.gif. Congrats on your healthy baby girl!! I very much enjoyed your story and the pictures (especially the ones where you look meditative and the last one where she's all scrunchy faced). I also had a 10 and a half pound girl. Enjoy the sweet little fat roles! lol.gif
#6 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 07:38 AM

luxlove.gif

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

#7 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 07:53 AM

Is that her real name or just what you are calling her on here? Does it have meaning to you - sounds like it might be from a song or band? Just wondering, I love names with meaning.

Vegetarian broc1.gifmother to wave.gif(3/09) peace.gif  (11/10) and belly.gif(4/13)

#8 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Yep, that's her name.  we were green team and the original girl name was Echo Stargazer and we weren't positive on a boy name.  I asked DH what he thought of the name Nevermore for a boy and he loved it, so much that he said he would like to use it for a girl as well lol 

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#9 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 09:18 AM

Congratulations, and welcome to Nevermore Stargazer!

blowkiss.gif

lovestory.gif   And on 09/23/2011, we were three;  husband, daughter, and me!

#10 of 16 Old 11-05-2012, 01:09 PM

Awesome!  Its so good to read about other women who trust their bodies in birth. You are an inspiration to me.

#11 of 16 Old 11-06-2012, 06:28 AM

yay congrats!! great pics!

#12 of 16 Old 11-06-2012, 05:48 PM

Congratulations, glad to hear it!

http://domesticfelicitations.blogspot.com/transtichel.gif

#13 of 16 Old 11-07-2012, 07:21 AM

Congratulations mama! Beautiful birth story and she is GORGEOUS!! love.gif

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

#14 of 16 Old 11-07-2012, 08:37 AM

Congratulations Sharlla! She is absolutely beautiful!

Wife & Mama to Two Loving Kids DS1 (7/7/07) DS2 (925/08) and DS3 (6/28/12)! And our new furbaby puppy Koda!

#15 of 16 Old 11-07-2012, 12:59 PM

Yay Sharlla and Nevermore!  Big Congrats from a fellow mama in the June DDC.  I'm glad that your sweet girl was finally ready to make her appearance.  She is so sweet and squishy luxlove.gif

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

#16 of 16 Old 11-10-2012, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Congrats! Kick ass name and big baby girl, good job getting her out! I was wondering about you too :-)

Edited to add: I can totally see my DD end up being my birth partner and in the birthing space with me. She has such an intuition about when things are about to happen.  : )

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page