Very confused, angry, and have a lot of questions about my birth experience - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 99 Old 01-27-2014, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Agree with pp. just becaue it works for some doesn't mean it works for all.
#92 of 99 Old 01-27-2014, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply she is silly. I just ment to help anyone reading this post in the future. Hypnobabies effectiveness had been questioned and I thought it is only fair to point out that it is possible to have a lovely experience. I would hate for someone to only see the negative feedback and choose not to give this method a chance. However, it is silly to think a cantaloupe coming out of a hole that is normally the size of a carrot is not going to be painful. I'm terribly sorry to have offended I just thought adding the other side would help the post be more useful to someone researching information on this subject.
#93 of 99 Old 01-27-2014, 11:33 PM

That is nice to hear as I am currently doing hypnobabies self study.
#94 of 99 Old 01-28-2014, 10:21 AM

I hope it works as well for you as it did me. I think it is important to note I also used the self study method instead of an instructor lead class could be a correlqtion? Instructors promising the moon so you will sign up for their class? Just a thought.
#95 of 99 Old 01-28-2014, 10:54 AM

I think also different people have different pain threshholds. I was pretty surprised at the level of pain last time, and was even more surprised at how long it was lasting. It was actually more how long it was lasting (24 hours of painful early labour with OP baby) that was surprising to me. I think this time it'll be easier in that sense since i know what to expect.

The benefit of hypnobabies for me, i hope, will be to give me a tool so that i can stay calm and if i start freaking out about the pain or whatever, hopefully i can calm myself down.

#96 of 99 Old 02-08-2014, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola P View Post

I think also different people have different pain threshholds. I was pretty surprised at the level of pain last time, and was even more surprised at how long it was lasting. It was actually more how long it was lasting (24 hours of painful early labour with OP baby) that was surprising to me. I think this time it'll be easier in that sense since i know what to expect.

The benefit of hypnobabies for me, i hope, will be to give me a tool so that i can stay calm and if i start freaking out about the pain or whatever, hopefully i can calm myself down.

Not just different pain thresholds, but each labor (even for the same woman) can have a different level of pain, too. My first labor was extremely painful from right from the get go, from 1 cm to 5cm (which took 12 hours). They finally admitted me to the hospital at that point, and I got my epidural, and it was great and I had almost no pain for the rest of labor or delivery (which took another 7 hours).

My second labor was less than 6 hours long, and it only got really painful in the last forty minutes. The first 5 hours were so painless that I didn't even realize I was in labor - I just thought it was braxton hicks. I barely made it to the hospital and had the baby within a half hour of getting there. The pain I felt at transition, just twenty minutes before I had the baby, was the same pain I'd felt for 12 hours (from 1 cm to 5cm) in my first labor. So, each labor can be different and it might not be what you're expecting.

goingonfour likes this.
#97 of 99 Old 02-09-2014, 07:37 AM

I too had a very awful time with labor and midwives. I ended up having a primary c-section, and I was horribly disappointed. I was told that it was going to be really hard and painful but the recovery from the c-section was about 1000x easier than all the laboring I did.I only had to take motrin after the surgery. I was up walking around quickly and breastfed. It is a mixed bag. 

I would say that if you want to schedule a c-section, do it. You don't have to justify your life choices to other people, ever. I can see why you would want to- you said you had pelvic floor problems, and you are probably worried about your anger over your previous birth experience marring the memory of your next baby's birth. I am so sorry that your care providers fought you when you said you wanted pain meds. Lack of adequate pain relief is strongly correlated with childbirth related PTSD- plus its just plain mean. If you haven't talked to a therapist or a counselor it might be worth it. You deserve to feel okay, and a therapist should be of great help w/sorting out what you really want deep down. No one here can really do that because we are strangers and not trained to help w/these matters. If you do end up wanting a c-section because of these concerns a therapist may be of great help in explaining the need to an OB. 

take care of yourself, I hope things go better for you this time. 

#98 of 99 Old 02-10-2014, 08:46 PM

ribbongreen.gif For Cricketschirping, with 3 homeschool.gif kids, , babygirl.gifribboncesarean.gif  babyboy.gifhbac.gif  babyboy.gifhbac.gif and planning another babyboy.gifhbac.gif

pos.gif5++++10++++15++++20+2ndtri.gif++25++++30++++35++++(++stork-boy.gif

#99 of 99 Old 03-29-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demeter888 View Post
And, here is when I learned something my doulas and hypnobabies had told me NOT to do:

moving around as much as possible During my contraction, and 'fighting it' actually decreased the pain by about 60%.

ALL the books I read said to relax as much as possible during difficult contractions but to remain active in early labor.  Yet another harmful bit of advice that, had i known the truth, would not have been nearly as terrified and things would not have escalated as they did.

I took the hynobirthing class too. I couldn't breathe or relax during the contractions no matter how much I tried. I fought, and tensed and squealed through the contractions even though people say not too. It felt sooo much better.

Tags
Hypnobabies Home Study Course For Expectant Mothers Plus 2 Bonus Cds , The Birth Partner A Complete Guide To Childbirth For Dads Doulas And All Other Labor Companions , Hypnobabies , Earth Mama Angel Baby Labor Ease Massage Oil 30 Ml Oil , Ina Mays Guide To Childbirth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page