Anyone experience a really fast labor? Help a student out! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-08-2013, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello!

My name is Micki Garcia. I am currently enrolled in my final term as a third year student at Birthingway College of Midwifery. As a part of my education I am excited to conduct research and write a research paper on a topic of my choosing. My research project is aimed to explore the emotional satisfaction or dissatisfaction a woman may feel following a precipitous labor. Precipitous labor occurs when the baby is born within three hours of the first contraction. 

You or someone you know will qualify for participation if you:
(1) have experienced precipitous labor
(2) that took place in a home or in a free-standing birth center, AND
(3) was attended by a midwife.

If any of the statements above are untrue for you, thank you for so much but we will not be needing your participation.

If all of the statements above are true, please consider participating by filling out a short survey. Filling out the survey should take no more than 5 minutes of your time and would help me greatly!

http://obsurvey.com/S2.aspx?id=7c387f12-7d6c-438e-9c68-656e2f10d370

Thank you so much for your participation.

#2 of 9 Old 03-12-2013, 12:54 PM

Oh, too bad!  I had a home birth with a midwife but my labour was almost 4 hours.  I would be happy to help if you can use our story!

lady.gifMarried to fuzmalesling.gif with E (3/13)dust.gifat homebirth.jpg and stork-suprise.gif on the way (1/15).
#3 of 9 Old 04-06-2013, 08:34 PM

Hi, i may be eligible but it depends on what you classify as a contraction. i had a slow continuous increase from painless/BH to stronger overnight. my active labour was 20mins and it was pretty intense! let me know if you want my help. 

Jese Mom to Elaina (April 2007) & Macy (June 2010). #3 m/c at 10 weeks (July 2013), #4 m/c at 9 weeks (october 2013). Expecting again! Due October 22/2014.
#4 of 9 Old 04-06-2013, 09:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
My last was 6 hours from 1st contraction to baby. I think my body was trying to have a precipitous birth, but that huge baby and huge head with nuchal arm took like 4 hours to push out! Lol. I had a precipitous 1st stage I guess! I think I was in transition within an hour

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#5 of 9 Old 04-06-2013, 10:09 PM

Awww, I took an A&P course at Birthingway a few years ago.

I had a client who had a 3 hour labor/birth.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#6 of 9 Old 04-07-2013, 01:55 AM

Well, does #3 count if the midwife got there after baby but before the placenta?  if so pm me I can take the survey, I might take a few days if its long but I'll fill it in :) 

#7 of 9 Old 04-16-2013, 05:49 PM

Mine was 2 hrs and then 20min of pushing at a birth center w/ a MW looks like the survey is closed tho....

Wifey to Z and SAHM to C (12/03) T (7/08) M (4/10) and her irish twin C (4/11)

#8 of 9 Old 04-18-2013, 06:09 AM

Not much help in from my end. I spent almost 27 hours in labour. Oh my god it was awful , but as all mums know, once its over you get this immense joy flooding in ..well with exhaustion... Totally off at a tangent, another mom just taught me something knew: I just learned that babies have more bones than adults by the way... I guess you already know this but I just found it fascinating to learn http://workitmom.com/blogs/member_blog_post/192613/2

#9 of 9 Old 04-28-2013, 03:54 AM

Micki, are you all set for the survey? We fit the the three conditions, and I didn't see this earlier.

Hi, I'm Aileen!

Wife to Lance, Mama to Elijah superhero.gif,Gideon learning.gif, and Jasper slingboy.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page