My both terrifying and embarassing delivery. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-10-2013, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The morning I went into labor was just like any other.  I had on and off contractions for days prior.  Slept the entire night and woke up feeling great.  I even told my DH to go to work that I felt our DS wouldn't be born yet.  Luckily my DH decided to work at home that day.  After preparing breakfast I decided to lie down for a bit when I felt two strange taps.  I went to wash some dishes when my water broke at 7am.  This time it didn't hurt at all and in fact it was exciting.  I knew that I would see my DS that day.  So all of us including our 1st DS drove straight to the hospital.  I was admitted at 8am and started having some contractions but nothing terrible.  At that point I was almost 4cm dilated.  Once they transferred me to my room the contractions started to intensify.  I can't describe the horrible pain I was feeling I've heard that labor is painful.  This was extreme.  When the contraction would start I literally would scream that pain was that severe.  The nurses and my DH were trying hard to get me to breath properly.  For the life of me I couldn't the best I could do was to repeat any words over and over again.  I'm embarrased by two things and I can't forget it it the screaming and exclaiming that I had to poo!  How embarrasing!!!  By 930 I was fully dilated but before I could begin to push I was bleeding.  My ob immediately rushed me into surgery for now my second emergency cesearean.  I had a 4inch abrupted placenta.  Which in hindsight explains why the pain was soo severe.  I did it all without an epidural and am grateful.  The nurse said they knew something was wrong by my screaming.  Thankfully we are both ok.  Unfortunately I googled "placenta abruption" I didn't realize just how grave our circumstance was.  I'm at peace with what happened and both DH and I decided no more children.  I'm not tempting fate a third time.   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM

That is scary, I'm glad you were at hospital. I yelled out "I need to poo!" w/ the birth of our first, jumping off of the bed & waddling to the bathroom when I should have been pushing because, hey, that's what it feels like. Our last baby I made LOUD goat noises the whole pushing phase. Congratulations on a healthy baby!

http://domesticfelicitations.blogspot.com/transtichel.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-11-2013, 02:50 PM

Congrats! Don't be embarrassed. You did fine. Glad you and baby are fine from the sound of it.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page