My First Baby and Jin Shin Jyutsu - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-24-2013, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I still live in my hometown and I found the most amazing midwife who had apprenticed under my mom's midwife who delivered me! Before I was pregnant, I had a bit of fear about the 'what if's' and having a successful home-birth without anything going amuck. The fear subsided upon becoming pregnant, researching natural childbirth and finding my lovable midwife. I must admit, though, I received Jin Shin Jyutsu treatments twice a week throughout my entire pregnancy. I feel like I somehow cheated the typical pregnant woman's miseries and that makes me want to share this with every mama out there, especially those who are having difficult pregnancies/fertility issues! I never got morning sickness, I rarely had aches or pains ....and, quite honestly, every otherwise mundane activity felt amazing (stretching, going to sleep, waking up, pooping, lying down, taking a bath). I know that JSJ most certainly boosted my fertility, as the first treatment I ever received sparked the return of my 6 month tardy menstrual cycle. JSJ helped abolish my fear and worry about birth, but it also took the edge off the intensity of my contractions during active labor! I’m not going to go much into the inner workings of Jin Shin Jyutsu here, because this is a birth story, not a classroom. I will simply say that it is like acupuncture without the needles…. it is also very similar to acupressure with focus on the inhale and the exhale, i.e. ‘ascending’ and ‘descending’ energy.

On May 10th, 2013 my husband and I ate a whole pineapple between ourselves and then went off to the bedroom to have our last pre-baby sexy-time session. We went to bed at about 10:00pm, my water broke at 11:30pm and active labor started at 12-midnight. We filled the birthing tub, but I was slipping around with the plastic liner in it, so my husband got in the tub with me to act as a human chair. We had not discussed this beforehand, nor did I assume he should be in the water with me, it just worked out that way – and it was wonderful! He had his hands on my solar plexus area, which is the Safety Energy Lock 13 in Jin Shin Jyutsu. SEL 13 governs the reproductive organs and helps hormonal balances within the body. In late pregnancy, the 13 'flow' can also ensure the baby is in the right position for birth. Anyhow, the really astonishing thing was when my mom held two points on my leg during a contraction, the intensity subsided almost instantaneously. These two points are SEL 8 and 16: SEL 8 is the outside knee/or knee pit (right on the bend) and helps open the pelvis and sacrum. SEL 16 is on the outside ankle below the bone and it clears the head, helps with reproductive functions and ‘breaks down the old, so the new can emerge.’ When holding those two points simultaneously, my contractions reduced to just simply tightness/radiating tingle…it’s hard to describe, but there’s no doubt that something amazing was happening. Ah! There is so much more detail to my birth story, but I first wanted to share the thing that most helped me enter motherhood without fear.

Jin Shin Jyutsu  can be utilized to help any health project and may be the right fit for many people with whom the traditional health care system has fallen short. I practice in Colorado Springs, CO and would be simply thrilled to help mamas and families in surrounding areas. 

P.S. I gave birth to an energetic 6lb 8oz baby girl - Felix Lucia! 

#2 of 2 Old 08-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)

Hi Clem!

Welcome to Mothering. Thank you for sharing that :) I am bumping up your post.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page