Autumn Eve - hospital birth - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-20-2005, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Autumn Eve was born 2.18.05 @ 8:30pm after a 14 hour labor.

She was 8 lbs 10 oz and 20.5" long.

We arrived at the hospital at 6am and I was 1-2 cm dialated at that point. They started the pitocin drip at 6:30am and by 9am it was at the max drip and I wasn't progressing much at all. The nurse that was on duty was quite negative and wasn't very encouraging at all.

Around noon my doctor came in and ruptured my membranes which sped things up quite nicely. I tried to avoid an epidural but around 3pm and many hours of intense labor pains later I gave in and had one put in. Now this was an unpleasant event as it took FIVE tries to get the needle in without hitting bone. : Every time he put the needle in I would get the mother of all contractions. Finally it took and I got some relief. However it was fairly short lived because the pain in my cervix got intense and the epi couldn't touch it.

Around 7:45pm the nurse (a new one...yay!) came in checked me and I was finally at 8cm. I knew once I hit that point it would only be a matter of minutes before I was the full 10. Of course right before I was checked my DH left to grab a bite to eat...he was coming right back, but I was sure I had at least an hour left...haha.

He came back just in the nick of time because the nurses were brining in the delivery equipment as he walked in the room.

8:10pm I started pushing and it took longer than I thought it would since I only pushed 4 times with my son. She was facing to the ceiling when she came out which is why it took a bit longer to get her down the birth canal.

8:30pm exactly..... my doctor caught Autumn Eve and said "It's a girl!". Of course I was absolutely SHOCKED since I (and everyone else I know) was so sure this was another baby boy! :LOL I even said "Are you kidding????" WOW!

They placed her in my arms and I fell in love all over again She nursed right then and there for almost 45 minutes (what a little nursing champ!)

I came home at noon the next day (can you tell I don't like hospital stays?) and we are both doing fantastic! She has her days and nights confused but hopefully that will get turned around soon enough. We are all enjoying cosleeping as she is a little angel.

Her 18 month old brother is intensely jealous at this point and it just breaks my heart because he knows he's not the only baby in the house anymore. I know he'll grow to love her, but this is the hard part right now.

That's about it. Thanks for reading
#2 of 4 Old 02-21-2005, 12:29 PM

Warmly~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#3 of 4 Old 02-21-2005, 06:38 PM

removed
#4 of 4 Old 03-23-2005, 09:39 PM

I LOVE your baby's name.
It's perfect =)

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page