Kenny's Birth Story - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-26-2002, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a great birth story Heather! can't wait to see the pics of your "little man"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2002, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hlsanders
Thanks for the tip. Today after one of our feedings I'm headed over to the evil Baby's R Us in anticipation of trying on a couple of carriers and this one sling my dh said he saw that looked cozy for computer time. I like 'holding' him - having him on me.
T If you mean you are going to buy a baby sling at BRU, don't. I think they only carry the NOJO, which only comes in one size, and from what I've seen fits men much better than women, because it tends to the large side. If it's too large, the baby will be too low and your back will hurt like the dickens. If you want a padded sling, see if you can get an Over the Shoulder Baby Holder. Unfortunately the size for you might be too small for your DH.

If you want an unpadded sling, which is much more flexible size wise, I'd recommend a Maya Wrap. (Which I distribute.) Since it's cool now, though, the really cozy solution is an adjustable fleece pouch from www.kangarookorner.com. They also sell the OTSBH as well as their own brand of padded sling.

Okay, OT sling lecuture over.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Picture Trail for Kenny:
Kenny's Pictures
Old 12-27-2002, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by abigailvr
. . . see if you can get an Over the Shoulder Baby Holder.

If you want an unpadded sling, which is much more flexible size wise, I'd recommend a Maya Wrap. (Which I distribute.)
Thanks for the tip about BRU. I have tried the Maya Wrap and it is entirely too hot for GA (and was for TX as well). Plus, I am not crazy about any sling with rings - I like them trimmer - more a 'pouch.'

We do a lot of walking, etc. . . though and so I was looking for a carrier too - I know I'm not going to get both a carrier and a sling that I like - so I'll probably have to get two different sizes.

I'm not an entirely small woman though - heck, my breasts alone don't fit many slings (right now wearing a 42DD), so I might like a larger carrier.

Do you know of the Native Baby Carrier?

Thanks for your advice!!
Old 12-27-2002, 07:47 PM

hey, I got a new native carrier before noah was born. 2 things i did wrong were: getting the size based on my pre-nursing boobs (i shoulda gotta a large), nd not getting the lil pillow you can buy for newborns. if i had done those two things, the native sling would've been wonderful.

I use it now and i love it...i have a nojo which is soooooo hard to adjust, but it is nice and roomy. it's odd though, i have really sensitive shoulders, so i thought the nojo woud be better than the native, but the native is so much nicer on my neck/shoulder/back. It's also a lot easier to work with cause you can put it in your purse and when you wear the baby it doesn't mke you look 10 lbs heavier w all the bulk.

so i'd recommend getting the native carrier and the infant pillow advertised on the native website) i just saw a used native for $10, and there's some on ebay, too

hth,
devin
Old 12-27-2002, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Devin - I was checking it out today and wondered if the pillow was worth the extra investment. I'll check out ebay!
Old 12-27-2002, 08:13 PM

when you look on ebay, type in "baby sling." MOE has a bunch of auctions on ring-less slings. I have no idea how good these are...today was my first time seeing them...just thought you might be interested.

-Devin
Old 12-27-2002, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Blessed81902
when you look on ebay, type in "baby sling." MOE has a bunch of auctions on ring-less slings. I have no idea how good these are...today was my first time seeing them...just thought you might be interested.

-Devin
Umm . . . I sent mine back. Not thrilled.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hlsanders
Do you know of the Native Baby Carrier?

Thanks for your advice!!
I don't know the New Native from personal experience, but the Maya Pouch is very similar. I have one of those, and I'm not a small woman either (currently wearing a 42H - oof), and I'm using a medium to do hip carry mostly. I love the pouch for how small it folds up to put in your diaper bag!

Any time.

Now, I have to go gawk at your baby pictures.

User Tag List