Jericho's birth (c/s and childloss) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 12-02-2006, 02:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I never told you this before because I can't think of a good way to phrase it, but I am going to try: Jericho's story made me understand UP/UC. I "get it" now. Even though his life was short he has touched more people than most who live decades. I think about him a lot because one of my middle names is "Jericha". I'll never forget him. He taught me a lot.
#32 of 44 Old 12-02-2006, 02:48 AM

I just wanted to tell you how Jericho's story helped me. I came across it somehow when I was in the midst of miscarrying my third babe, just before I conceived Indeo.

Reading your story made all the reasons I wanted to UC so clear in my head, and it gave me a starting point of what to learn about to prepare myself. I did A LOT of reading about breech birth, so I wouldn't be scared into going to the hospital. Mamma I am ever so glad that I did as both my Dh and I knew what needed to be done when I was crowning and discovered Indeo was breech, and neither of us were anything but calm. I'm especially thankful for that since I realized I would have been in the same hospital that caused you so much pain.

May Jericho live on in the hearts of all whom you have touched with this story.

Peace, Love and Light
~Yola
#33 of 44 Old 12-02-2006, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all... you have no idea how much these comments mean to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinderliter View Post
i was curious as to whether you had posted about your dreams and such that you talked about. i have always loved the insights you are able to get when your pregant with your kids and i hope that by reading more about him we can all carry a part of him so he does live on.
I only unprivatized one of my dreams on my journal, and that was the one I had very early in my pregnancy where I birthed him and he told me his name and what he would look like. When he was born looking just as he had in the dream I named him what he'd told me to. The other dreams I had I kept either on filters or completely private.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#34 of 44 Old 12-02-2006, 11:06 PM

Jericho's story will stick with me always, both sad and profoundly beautiful. Thank you again for sharing with the OL community.
#35 of 44 Old 12-03-2006, 02:55 AM

I jjust finished your story. It was beautifully written and so touching. Thank you for sharng it. I will always remember Jericho.

The first rule of homeschooling: water the plants! :
#36 of 44 Old 02-22-2007, 03:41 PM

i just want you to know you are so strong...and thank you so much for sharing your story..you are so brave and courageous...i am so sorry for your loss and i think you did the right thing.. very few people would be so unselfish as to carry the baby with the thought that it will die...i can imagine how much you cherished every single day he moved and i am sure you feel lucky just to have carried him! girl you are something!!!! i couldnt imagine how hard it has been for you, curtis, and tempest...i felt so compelled reading your story and i couldnt stop it just pulled me in and put me right there with you...i not by choice have had 3 c sections and i hate them i can only imagine what you were going through...your treated like a case and not a person....my first son it was failure to progress and i wanted to VBAC and couldnt find anyone to do it not even a midwife so i was forced into a second and third c i so admire you for VBAC i wish i could...you are so strong and deserve a metal!!!!!
and i see you had another sweet baby in october congrats!!!
#37 of 44 Old 02-22-2007, 06:15 PM

There are no words, mama ... no words. I wept as I read this.

Thank you for sharing this story. It is beautifully written, and while immensely painful, it also shows your courage, strength and love. I was so happy to read about Xan's birth, and cried happy tears.

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#38 of 44 Old 03-21-2007, 03:13 AM

I am new to cyberspace so just came across your story this pm. My heart was so touched and it brought back many memories of my daughter's birth. Sabre was also a c sec (the docs were discussing their hunting camp while they cut) She was born with hydrocephalus and spina bifida. She was shipped away in a snow storm to a large hospital where she stayed for 2 months and thankfully, despite being told otherwise, she survived(she is now 21!)What touched me so much was how you felt about not KNOWING and having a wonderful and uneventful pregnancy. I too opted not to have prenatal tests (Sabe was a planned homebirth) and I only agreed to us at 43 weeks when I could not feel her head in the pelvis and didn't want to do a 10# breech! The Dr told dh and I that she had no brain and wouldn't survive birth (wrong!!!)The road was hard,but the 40+ weeks we shared without a care were the best and enabled me to endure the H---that followed.Hugs to you and the memory of little Jerico!!
#39 of 44 Old 03-29-2007, 02:19 PM

I don't even know where to begin. I had already heard the story from my sister (altarflame) but hearing it firsthand from you is a thousand times more intense particularly after having had my first baby recently.
It is beautifully amazing that you gave Jericho such a loved exsistance. The circumstances are beyond any sort of explaination or condolance I could ever offer, but I can say that it is completely wonderful that he was so loved every moment of his life, inside and out.
I would never try to force my beliefs on you, but I believe that God sees something special, an exceptional capacity for motherhood, in you.
I wonder if perhaps so many people have followed your journal because one person can't cry all the tears that come from these kinds of heartaches and triumphs, the weight is too much.
Your UBAC was an extraordinary inspiration to my sister who had faced similar coldness and violations from hospitals during her previous C-sections and I think she is carrying your strength with her as she gets closer to meeting Elise. Thank you.
#40 of 44 Old 03-31-2007, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternamariposa View Post
I don't even know where to begin. I had already heard the story from my sister (altarflame) but hearing it firsthand from you is a thousand times more intense particularly after having had my first baby recently.
It is beautifully amazing that you gave Jericho such a loved exsistance. The circumstances are beyond any sort of explaination or condolance I could ever offer, but I can say that it is completely wonderful that he was so loved every moment of his life, inside and out.
I would never try to force my beliefs on you, but I believe that God sees something special, an exceptional capacity for motherhood, in you.
I wonder if perhaps so many people have followed your journal because one person can't cry all the tears that come from these kinds of heartaches and triumphs, the weight is too much.
Your UBAC was an extraordinary inspiration to my sister who had faced similar coldness and violations from hospitals during her previous C-sections and I think she is carrying your strength with her as she gets closer to meeting Elise. Thank you.

Thank you for this, a lot. It means the world to me.
It is never forcing your beliefs to share your feelings, and I never mind that. I am thinking of your sister every single day.

photosmile2.gifBabs + trekkie.gifCurtis - Parents of Tempest blahblah.gif(08/07/03 autismribbon.gif), Jericho angel2.gif(11/01/05 ribboncesarean.gif), Xan moon.gif(10/03/06 uc.jpghbac.gif), Zephyra baby.gif(06/02/11 hbac.gif). mdcblog5.gif @ babyslime.livejournal.com

#41 of 44 Old 06-21-2007, 10:35 PM

What a powerful story, you are an amazing woman and have quite a way with words.
Your story brought me to tears and I don't even know you.
Congrats on Xan
#42 of 44 Old 06-24-2007, 09:26 PM

This made me cry too.... God, you are one hell of a writer, you should publish this if you feel comfortable doing so. Thanks for sharing.

Circ doesn't work! Stop the violence of circumcison. Had another UP/UC/HB in August!
#43 of 44 Old 06-05-2008, 09:38 PM

Your story erased any doubt in my mind of doing this pregnancy unassisted. What a heartbreaking but love-filled story of a child that was so obviously and utterly cherished. Thank you for sharing it with us.
#44 of 44 Old 06-10-2008, 04:00 PM

I just finished reading all parts of your story without stopping, I could not break, I HAD to read it start to finish. I even read it to my two year old and she just sat and stared like she understood what was going on (I think she might have actually.) I cried the entire time while reading it out loud. You are quite possibly the most amazing mom I have ever met. You should be proud of yourself and Jericho, what a lucky little baby to have had a mommy like you! I wish I could just give you a very big bear hug ! Thanks for sharing this, your story will forever be with me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page