Jove's birth story - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-02-2006, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All day Friday Oct. 20th I felt really nauseated (more than usual anyway) and I kept thinking I'm going to have the baby tonight (which meant after I went to bed). So I went to bed. And I woke up to go pee and thought well I guess tonight isn't the night. After that I fell back to sleep until I heard a POP. I said "what the hell was that" but I knew what it was. I looked at the clock and it was about 4:39 pm on Oct. 21st. I got up and went to the bathroom and some fluid leaked out, not much which didn't surprise me because the baby's head was very low and had been for weeks. Then I peed and when I wiped there was bloody show. I was so excited to see it. I just kept thinking I'm in labor, I'm in labor!!! I had a couple of contractions but they weren't stronger than the braxton hicks I had been having (although they had been pretty strong).
Then I set up my birth space in my bedroom, beside my bed. I also lit a candle at that time and it was the perfect amount of light. Then I started having very intense and painful contractions one right after the other with very little break in between. I had to lean on my bed kneeling (the bed is on the floor) with my head down and sway to get through the contractions. I was thinking I really don't want to do this for long. Then I had a huge contraction and I was pushing. I automatically went into a squatting position. I called for my dh, he was sleeping on the couch. I strarted really vocalizing then and my 5 yr. old ds (he co-sleeps) woke up and he looked scared. So I told him it was okay I was just having the baby. He said I don't want to be in here and so I told him it's was okay and he could leave ,which he did. I was amazed that I actually was able to say anything at that point but those mama bear instincts really are strong!
The baby practically shot out soon after that during that same push (yep, I only pushed once), all of him all at once into my hands. He let out a cry, I call it his what the hell just happened cry and we looked at each other in shock. I said I had the baby, it's a boy, it's a boy. My 9 yr. old dd woke up right before that and was in my door way right after baby came out. She later said she had looked at the clock and the time was 4:59 am (not even 30 minutes since my labor began). I had my dd go wake up her dad, he didn't hear me call him or all the vocalizing I was doing. He couldn't believe he missed the whole thing. Much later that day My dd cut baby's cord, she was so proud!!

My baby was born by candle light into his mothers hands after one push and less than 30 minutes of labor!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
#2 of 9 Old 12-02-2006, 07:30 PM

Wow! What an awesome birth story! Thanks for sharing! And Congratulations!!! again!

You can find me on Facebook. PM for info.
#3 of 9 Old 12-02-2006, 08:33 PM

The birth that dreams are made of!!! Congratulations!!

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#4 of 9 Old 12-02-2006, 09:54 PM

Beautiful story!
#5 of 9 Old 12-02-2006, 10:09 PM

Beautiful story!
Congratulations! Welcome baby Jove!
#6 of 9 Old 12-02-2006, 10:56 PM

Wow! That is an incredible story! Congratulations btw

(I was always excited to see my bloody show too )
#7 of 9 Old 12-02-2006, 11:41 PM

Oh, can you say JEALOUSY? Amazing, amazing, amazing! Thank you so much for sharing, and CONGRATULATIONS!
#8 of 9 Old 12-02-2006, 11:54 PM

Wow!
That is AMAZING!
My dh would not have woke up either!
Is he okay with it now?
how long were your other labors?
CONGRATS and WElcome JOVE!
#9 of 9 Old 12-03-2006, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilie View Post
Is he okay with it now?
I'm sure he'll always feel a little disappionted but he laughs about it now. I actually am very greatful fo my solo UC, a wonderful way to end by childbearing days (I'm pretty positive Jove will be our last child)
how long were your other labors?
My first was 1.5 hrs long (unplanned UC, daddy did the catching) and my second I was induced and don't really remember how long it took but once the pit really kicked in I went from 5cm to pushing in about 5 minutes (OUCH).

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page