Eden's Birth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-09-2007, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
kdf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here is my story.
On March 3 my parents picked my ds and me up for lunch and it kinda started to feel like I was leaking. I just ignored it but all day it was getting more. No contractions though. My dh called me for the store after work and I thought that he should pick up some food just in case the baby came that night and well I was talking to him I had my first contraction. They were about 15 mins apart at that point. My dh got home and well we had a fight about something stupid. So he goes to his computer and I started to give my ds supper and eat myself. Well the contractions were still coming. I was crying and trying to calm myself down. Finally when I realized that the contractions weren't going away, I went to my dh and said we need to forgive each other and start timing contractions. They moved to 5 mins apart. I had about 3 of them and we started calling the MW, my doula, my mom and MIL. B/c we thought for sure I was going to go fast. So by 6:30 pm everyone was here, I started contractions at 5:30. The MW got all set up. I was having contractions 1 1/2 mins apart for about 40 secs. I started doing stairs to open more. My back was really bugging me so I wanted to get in the shower but my MW said she needed to check me if I was going to go into the shower. So I was only 3-4 cm so she did a stretch and sweep and got me to 4-5. I was a little disappointment and did more stairs. I realized that I was holding myself back b/c I was knew what was coming next and I was a little fearful. I worked through that and moved a little bit faster. I kept on talking to baby and saying move down. Well then my water actually broke. I was getting frustrated b/c this was taking a long time. Finally I hit transition. Which was not fun. After about 10 contractions leaning on the kitchen counter. I got in the shower. That helped for about 3 contractions then I was down. I moved to the bedroom next b/c I needed to push. I pushed about twice and then the urge stopped. I tried lying on my side, I hated it. I tried the squatting stool but hated that. So back to standing and squatting. Since squatting was not helping her head staying out. My mw made me side lie on the bed again. Well four pushes and the head was out. But she was coming out with her hands crossed on her chest. One more long push she was out. They put her on my chest and I saw I had my girl. I was so excited. I looked right at my mom and said " We have our girl" Everyone was very excited. I started to lose a lot of blood so I got oxytocin and they hooked up an IV. But my bleeding stopped right away. She was born at 1:29 am on March 4. Eden Katherine was 8 lb 10 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Just beautiful. Everyone left by 4:30 and we went to bed. My dh slept in the living room and my mom spent the night too. She heard me get up to go to the bathroom and had to make sure that I was ok. We spent then rest of the morning talking about Eden and looking at her . Just waiting to call everyone with our excited news. She is perfect and I can't believe I have my girl.

Mama to Noah- 05, Eden - 07, Isabella -09 and Cade -11 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 03-09-2007, 07:55 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The same thing happened to my friend. She went into labor after a fight with DH and they weren't speaking. She said it was so hard to go in there and break the silence!
#3 of 9 Old 03-09-2007, 08:07 PM

: Sounds lovely! Congrats on your baby girl! Awesome job mama!!
#4 of 9 Old 03-09-2007, 09:17 PM

Wonderful story! Thanks for sharing!

Ecstatic mama to our one and only Aurora (Apr 07)
#5 of 9 Old 03-09-2007, 10:11 PM

Congrats on your girl!!
#6 of 9 Old 03-09-2007, 10:15 PM

Congrats on your girl!! Your birth story sounds great, I'm glad it went smoothly.

Kristen treehugger.gif mama to Chris(15)eat.gif, Kaitlyn(10)blahblah.gif, TJ(8)sleepytime.gif and Natalie(5)thumbsuck.gif & Emily(2)diaper.gif

#7 of 9 Old 03-10-2007, 02:07 AM

Congratulations!!!!

unschooling mama with Toots'n Fruits (6) and BeenzieBoo (3)
#8 of 9 Old 03-10-2007, 09:25 PM

welcome baby!
#9 of 9 Old 03-14-2007, 07:35 PM

Congratulations! Welcome to your new baby!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page