Finally able to write this ***warning*** Not a happy birthday - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 205 Old 05-20-2007, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heavens. I'm crying my eyes out. I am so sorry that you went through all of that. I am also very glad that you persued action against all the parties involved.
#62 of 205 Old 05-21-2007, 05:42 PM

I am so sorry that you went through hell to have your daughter. I am glad to hear that you have slowly been able to heal.

wife - mother - midwife

CIRCUMCISION

The more you know, the worse it gets.

#63 of 205 Old 05-22-2007, 11:39 AM

Oh my dear God. I am so sorry, but you are incredibly brave to have fought and won. Thank you for sharing your story. :

Stacy - mom to Lily 5-20-06 , Angel, stillborn @ 25 wks 12-17-07 , and Cami 4-21-09.
#64 of 205 Old 05-23-2007, 07:11 PM

I wanted you to know I think you are one of the most courageous women in the world.

I have no words to describe the emotion that struck me when I read your story.

I hope you have a blessed life.

Jess
#65 of 205 Old 05-24-2007, 02:40 AM

Thank you for sharing your story and upholding what is justice for you and your family, for representing the rights of birthing families everywhere. I am sorry for your suffering. You have put your pain to an honnorable use in persuing justice. May your future be full of the love of family.

Sarahfina.
#66 of 205 Old 05-25-2007, 05:48 PM

Your daughter is beautiful!

Thank you for sharing your story.

Keri, wife to Tony, mom to five DDs: M ('96), S('01), E('04), A('07) and J('10);
#67 of 205 Old 05-28-2007, 07:50 PM

I'm a little late on this, but just wanted to let you know that I'm so glad you posted your story, and may it help you on the road to healing. I'm so glad you are getting the support here, and that there are so many here who understand that healthy baby/healthy mama is NOT the only thing that matters in a birth outcome. Thank you for being so brave in standing up for the rights of all families.
#68 of 205 Old 05-30-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

thank you so very much for sharing your story. it takes a lot of courage to share a story like this and it is incredibly valuable to everyone that you have.

i hope that you find healing. again, thank you so very much for sharing this story.
#69 of 205 Old 06-02-2007, 09:20 PM

I'm SOOOOO shocked at what you had to go through. I'm glad you were able to "fight back" and wish you peace.
#70 of 205 Old 06-03-2007, 12:53 AM
~pi

I'm so sorry for what happened to you but I am so thankful that you sued. You may well have saved other women from experiencing something similar.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Your daughter is beautiful.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#71 of 205 Old 06-04-2007, 06:02 AM

Holy cow! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I admire you for having the strength & will to fight. Please know that you have friends & supporters here, if not many IRL. Thank you for suing!

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
#72 of 205 Old 06-09-2007, 11:38 PM

What a horrible experience to have gone through! I'm so sorry this all happened. Good job for standing up for what is right at such a vulnerable time. Your daughter is a cutie and I'm glad you had the midwives (HB) that you had!
#73 of 205 Old 06-19-2007, 02:32 AM

What a truly horrifying experience. My heart is pounding in my chest in anger at all who wronged you and your sweet baby. Many prayers for healing and peace for your family.

Christy-SAHM to my elf princess(4/06) and my little man (12/07). Married to the love of my life and expecting our pumpkin baby boy 10/09! :
#74 of 205 Old 06-19-2007, 06:18 AM

I cannot even imagine. What hell to go through...

You have amazing courage and resolve; you should be so proud of yourself!

Single WAHM to 5yo DD, 2yo DS, and forever 7 week old angel DD.
#75 of 205 Old 06-20-2007, 04:48 PM

Wow.

I am so sorry this happened to you, and I am also so grateful that you fought back. You took a stand for every one of us who has ever been traumatized by a doctor or hospital, and for that I am profoundly and persoally grateful.
#76 of 205 Old 06-20-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesmommy View Post
Thank you for suing. Thank you for standing up for those who might not have had the strength to stand up for themselves. For those babies who get taken away from Mommies for no good reason. For those Mommies who get raped by the medical industry in so many ways. For those of us who live in terror of something just like this happening and feeling so out of control. It might seem small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but YOU made a difference in that hospital, in that town, with that CNM.... etc.
I can't begin to explain how much I agree with this. From those of us who have been through the same ordeal, we salute you. You have made an incredible difference in the lives of many.

Mama, I am sorry that they ruined your one and only birth. I hope that your healing is smooth, and DH's healing as well. Your daughter is beautiful.
#77 of 205 Old 06-23-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiesmommy View Post
Thank you for suing. Thank you for standing up for those who might not have had the strength to stand up for themselves. For those babies who get taken away from Mommies for no good reason. For those Mommies who get raped by the medical industry in so many ways. For those of us who live in terror of something just like this happening and feeling so out of control. It might seem small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but YOU made a difference in that hospital, in that town, with that CNM.... etc.
Big ol' Yeah That! : I couldn't read this without responding, and I couldn't have said it better than that!

Serendipity
#78 of 205 Old 06-24-2007, 05:18 AM

Wow, i cannot even imagine the horror you have been through.

I am glad things came out cleaner in the end and hope that you are healing more and more.

Jen

Messianic mama to 3 boys, C (4 yrs), E (22 mths), B (newborn)
#79 of 205 Old 07-04-2007, 02:10 PM

Wow, what a powerful series of events. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. You are a strong woman for even being able to share it. I'm glad you stood up for yourself and your family and got legal ramifications brought down on the hospital staff. I wish you all the luck and prosperity in the world.
#80 of 205 Old 07-07-2007, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow. I just read this again to my husband and we're both horrified. Thank you so much for everything you did to fight this and get those people fired. You are so amazing and strong! I could barely get out of bed for several weeks after my daughter's birth (and I wasn't even recovering from surgery!), much less go to court and fight (for 3 years!!!)! Wow. Thank you again for everything you did to keep this from happening to other women. It doesn't need to be that way (my daughter was born in the hospital after a transfer from attempting a home birth--I was VERY lucky and they were extremely supportive.) But it takes strong people like you to make this change happen. THANK YOU.

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

#81 of 205 Old 07-07-2007, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am so sorry.

Thank you for sharing your story. Thank you for standing up to them during labor and afterward. You are amazing!
#82 of 205 Old 07-07-2007, 07:10 PM

Horrible, unspeakable. Its's so sureal it sounds like some horror film. I bet you could get a movie deal.

Good to hear its over at least in the courts so you can get on with living and healing.

Mountain Biking bikenew.gifMama of 3 little beans, .      Epumped 1pump.gif 22mths for dd1 (2006) notes.gif
Nursed fly-by-nursing1.gifmy homebirth.jpg babe, dd2 (2008) until self weaned at 3yrsbouncy.gif. We survived a major nursing strike.

Awesome homebirth.jpg for Baby #3 who turned out to be a babygirl.gif (Aug 2013)!   

#83 of 205 Old 07-10-2007, 11:05 PM

What a sad, sad story. Thank you for having the courage to share that.

If there is ANY silver lining in this (and I really don't know if you could even call it that...), it is that your daughter is financially set for life. After the traumatic and inexcusable way that she was brought into the world, it's the very least that they could do....

Mom to two amazing boys, C (July 2005) and D (May 2010)

Founder/leader of a Babywearing group, and loving it!

#84 of 205 Old 07-11-2007, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

deleted

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#85 of 205 Old 07-13-2007, 01:47 AM

The fyre burns through all the clouds
the heat wilts gentle strawberry leaves
water and shade give back the strength of creation.

I had a c section. But I had very careful, gentle, admirable, kind doctors who told me I was the eiptome of a giving mother to relinquish this power to them. When people tell these horror stories I am back in the lovely, quiet, soft room trying to do my best crying soft heavy tears and waiting. I was fortunate, few are. I was given time, space and total honesty and had no force involved. The pain still echos in me as a cost of my love and a reminder of how no price is too great for this child of mine.
I wish I had a better way to combat a health organiszation who teaches medcine that rivals any methods on earth if you are ill and is the most dangerous of all if you are not. Hold fast to the dark and the root of the matter, from your center another was brought forth and into chaos she was protected by you and those you love with vital strength, truth and fortitude which is more then many children can say of thier own mothers!
#86 of 205 Old 07-13-2007, 02:47 AM

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

#87 of 205 Old 07-13-2007, 03:05 AM

I am so sorry for all this and am amazed how strong you are . thank you thank you
Sarah
#88 of 205 Old 07-16-2007, 05:24 PM

I just read this story and I am shocked! Great big s to you and your family. What an awful thing to have to go through. Kudos for fighting back!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#89 of 205 Old 07-16-2007, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I don't have the words to tell you how sorry I am

Reneé, 34 year old mom to Antonin 8/04 and Arianna 9/06  (6 weeks) 5/08. Married to Matt since 6/03 .  
#90 of 205 Old 07-18-2007, 06:56 AM

Great bug hugs to you - along with health happiness and peace.

Your story was beyond horrendous . What as done to you and your beautiful DD was nothing short of abuse in every sense of the word : and frankly downright cruelty.
You have my outstanding admiratiomn for your strenth and couage in fighting back. You are not just a survivor but a warrior - for yourself and all women who have been through hell and back in this way.
And sadly yours is not the only case I have heard like this.
Women here in Irl are starting to fight back against the delay and denail of care; assaults and abuse inlicted on them in course of their babies births in the name of medicine.
sadly I have seen hospital M/Ws side aganst them with outrageous arrogance and more or less tell them to "put up and s**t up and this is childbirth and get used to it" which of course is beyonf inexcuseable
Abuse is abuse.
Abuse perpetrated by a medical professionals is STILL abuse.
Uniforms excuse nothing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page