Finally able to write this ***warning*** Not a happy birthday - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 205 Old 10-08-2007, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleheather79 View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your story. I am horrified at the way that you were treated. It's something that I've always feared as well. I have seen firsthand how the hospital trickery works... and they always seem to get their way. I am so heartbroken for you and your daughter (and DH) for what you went through. It is wonderful that you were able to fight this and draw attention to the unethical treatment you received in the hospital. One question-was your HB MW there up until the c-section?

((hugs))
Thanks...

Yes, my midwife was there until they wheeled me down the hall and was waiting for me in recovery while Dh went with DD to NICU.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#122 of 205 Old 10-09-2007, 03:33 AM

I am so sorry for everything you went through, and there no settlement will fix it. I can only imagine what heartache you went through with this on top of physical recovery.
#123 of 205 Old 10-09-2007, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Please know that you are my absolute hero. You're surpassing world famous writers and activists right now in my mind. Thank you SO MUCH for fighting the system for yourself and your DH and DD.

Know that if you couldn't change those defensive, misogynist, power-hungry judges and doctors, you gave them all the heads up that what they do on a daily basis causes other people great pain and is not a universally acceptable no-big-deal practice. Hopefully a sleepless night or two over that.

I believe that in 20 years or so, they will know that they weren't really in the business of "saving babies" as they currently believe. I'm so unbelievably sorry that you had to be their guinea pig to change society for all the rest of us.

Your DD was born a fighter and and activist. You must be so proud.

Oh, and if you aren't allowed to disclose the settlement, are you allowed to disclose the hospital / doctors/ judges involved so that we can spread the word?
#124 of 205 Old 10-13-2007, 10:12 PM

thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry for what you had to experience, and I too, thank you for standing up and pursuing legal action against the medical establishment.
#125 of 205 Old 10-17-2007, 11:24 PM

lovin you, friend
my hero! :

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#126 of 205 Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 PM

ok, first of all, I looked at her pictures and Oh My God- that is literally one of the cutest kids I have ever, ever seen in my life. Wow.

I am so sorry that happened to you. It absolutely amazes me what people who are sworn to "first do no harm" can do- intentionally and with full knowledge that they are causing physical and psychological damage, possibly permanently, to both mother and baby. They are criminals, not much different than the average rapist. I don't know what else to say. I am just so glad you were able to get her the hell out of there before they did anything else to her.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#127 of 205 Old 10-17-2007, 11:56 PM

Wow, I am sorry this happened to you. I am happy you sued though. Its good to see people setting a precedent that hospitals can be sued for things like this.

Maybe then health care workers will be more receptive to the wishes of a patient.
#128 of 205 Old 10-20-2007, 01:25 PM

First, I am so sorry this happened to you, your dd and your dh. 2nd, I want to say you are amazing. I want to be you someday. I can't even get up the courage to tell my kids docs that I am not vaxing. I just make up excuses when it comes up. The courage that you have shown is amazing. Words cannot express the amazement that I feel.
#129 of 205 Old 10-21-2007, 08:20 PM

I'm in awe of you.

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#130 of 205 Old 10-23-2007, 09:02 PM

Thank you for posting your story, I can't imagine how hard that must have been.

And thank you even more for fighting the bastards. So many women can't or won't. Maybe your story will give another woman the courage to do something when she's mistreated by the medical establishment. I only wish there were some way we could be taken seriously when we try to charge them with assault for doing things after or while women are saying 'NO!".

I hope something was done to the judge who granted the order. There is no excuse for his behaviour either, imo.

I am amazed and humbled by your strength and your dh's inventivness in getting your records. Thank you.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#131 of 205 Old 10-23-2007, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
Thank you for posting your story, I can't imagine how hard that must have been.

And thank you even more for fighting the bastards. So many women can't or won't. Maybe your story will give another woman the courage to do something when she's mistreated by the medical establishment. I only wish there were some way we could be taken seriously when we try to charge them with assault for doing things after or while women are saying 'NO!".

I hope something was done to the judge who granted the order. There is no excuse for his behaviour either, imo.

I am amazed and humbled by your strength and your dh's inventivness in getting your records. Thank you.
Thanks...unfortunately, the original judge in the case is above the law...and in his defense, he was only going by what he was being told by hospital personnel. (and you can just guess the load of S**t they were giving him). I had no representation at the time and he wasn't going to take a HB midwife's or a laboring mother's word for it. He had to go with the information he had.

I still wonder what would have happened if I had just gotten up and walked out? I'm guessing that they would have called the police.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif
#132 of 205 Old 10-23-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
I still wonder what would have happened if I had just gotten up and walked out? I'm guessing that they would have called the police.
Have you read "Born in the USA" By Marsden Wagner? He has a story in there about a woman who sneaks out, and the cops came to her home to get her, and took her back the hospital where she had a forced c-section. Scary stuff.
#133 of 205 Old 10-24-2007, 12:02 AM

wow, I want to read that book.
I'll make a mental note to warn my clients, if one of them ever ends up in a hospital, and decides to sneak out: dont go home! check into a hotel or something.

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#134 of 205 Old 10-24-2007, 09:28 AM

I don't think it would happen to just anyone. But that woman was in the same sort of situation as Fyrestorm, where they were getting a court order to force a c-section on her. A nurse told her about it, and helped her escape out the back door. But they found her anyway. God bless America.
#135 of 205 Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

There was another story I found when searching birth rape and court ordered sections where the woman left the hospital and hid. She later had a UC and a healthy baby...I think they still tried to take the baby away wjen they found out...When I get home, I'll see if I can dig it out.

#136 of 205 Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 PM

Yeah, there was one a few years ago where a woman was going to have a "huge" baby (I believe they were claiming 13lbs)and the hospital tried to force her into a c-section. She left AMA as she'd already had a couple of big babies and didn't buy their bs. They got a court order...don't know if they didn't know where she lived or she wasn't there. She delivered vaginally at another hospital. I believe the baby was about 11lbs.

http://advocatesforpregnantwomen.org...csection_1.php

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#137 of 205 Old 10-25-2007, 01:00 PM

Wow. I am just shocked by what happened to you. You are an inspiration to mamas everywhere. Thank you for standing up and persevering, not only for yourself, but for mothers everywhere!
#138 of 205 Old 10-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

All I have to say is to you!

I am so sorry that you had to go through that, but bravo to you for being so strong to fight for you and your baby! It is a VERY intimidating place to be (the hospital). You did wonderful and I am glad you and dd are doing better now and you can put this all behind you.
#139 of 205 Old 11-02-2007, 09:34 PM

Thank you for your story. I am amazed at the treatment that can happen where supposedly in this country you have the right to refuse procedures, etc. Truely, we are not free.....and frankly I see why people feel forced into the underground at times.

fambedsingle2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifHappy to be a mommy and teacher to D fencing.gif, born 1-17-06 via waterbirth.jpg  and A  blahblah.gif, born 10-6-08 with a homebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

#140 of 205 Old 12-01-2007, 10:28 PM

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry you had to deal with this, but I hope you feel really, really proud of fighting them instead of fading away, like I'm sure they expected you to!
#141 of 205 Old 12-04-2007, 07:27 PM

nak

I am sdo sorry for everything you went through. I'm jessica off the myspace csection group, you posted this. i really hope you dont take what I wrote on there as an insult you. You had every right to sue. With all that you went through, i would be upser if you hadnt soughht to make someone pasy for what you went through. You story has me in tears, and nopw I genuinely feel bad, like you may like lawsuits have no place. I'm really sorry if I hurt you with that post. <3 You are a strong woman.
#142 of 205 Old 12-14-2007, 01:17 PM

"It should be a rule in all prophylactic work that no harm should ever be unnecessarily inflicted on a healthy person (Sir Graham Wilson, The Hazards of Immunization, 1967)."
#143 of 205 Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 PM

i cant even tell you how sorry i am you had to go through this but i wanted to thank you for fighting back. so many women don't which is why these hospitals think they can do whatever they want without being held responsible.

thank you

transtichel.gifAk Hippie mama  ribbonpb.gifYamia  DSD '03 blahblah.gif  DS '07 ribboncesarean.gif  DS2 '09  hbac.gif & DS3  uc.jpg '12

homeschool.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcd.gifgd.gif

#144 of 205 Old 01-05-2008, 02:26 PM

i too couldn't read this and not comment. i am sooooo sorry for what you had to go through, you are a strong woman, and i hope you find the path that leads you to peace!
#145 of 205 Old 01-16-2008, 01:52 AM

Huge to you, Raven, and your DH! My words won't change anything... But I'm so sorry you went through all that!
#146 of 205 Old 01-21-2008, 01:11 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm View Post
My DD is now 3. We finally reached this settlement over the winter. My DD's future will be financially secure. I don't think I'll ever feel secure again.
Oh, mama. I am just horrified and heartbroken that your family had to experience that. But I am so glad you are healing and that you saw that justice was done and women in the future less at risk for being hurt.

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#147 of 205 Old 01-26-2008, 09:20 PM

My first reaction:

My second reaction is that your lawyer is going to have some massively good karma after getting that settlement for you.
#148 of 205 Old 01-26-2008, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
My first reaction:

My second reaction is that your lawyer is going to have some massively good karma after getting that settlement for you.
He'd have gotten that karma just for taking the case...most lawyers would just say "it's normal, get over it"

I sent him flowers and will continue to do so every year on DD's b-day!!

#149 of 205 Old 01-27-2008, 01:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You are one strong mama, good for you! I am glad you were able to have that small victory on your path to healing!

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#150 of 205 Old 01-27-2008, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Youare so strong, mama. Thank you so much for standing up for yourself. I really hope you heal al the way and feel secure. i'm sorry you had to go through such an ordeal.

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page