My second UC baby has arrived- birth story, long- PICS ADDED ORIG. POST - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-09-2007, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Birth story for Vincent Christopher 11/07/07

After weeks of prodromal labor I was beginning to wonder when this baby of mine was ever going to come. My last baby came 6 days before her due date and I had some things happen earlier in the pregnancy that made me think this one would come even earlier. Imagine my surprise to not only hit my due date, but go almost a week past it.

Around 3:20 am on Nov. 7th I awoke to the sound of the bathroom fan on in the hallway bathroom. I knew Danny was planning on going running that morning, but couldn't figure out why he was getting ready 2 hours earlier than normal. When he got out of the bathroom, I asked if he was going running that early, he told me no, just that he wasn't feeling well.

That was odd to me because I had two contractions while I was laying in bed, before walking out to ask him about running...AND because he was having belly problems the night I went into labor with Ava. THEN I realized that MY belly wasn't feeling well either.

Danny went back to bed and I layed down and decided that my belly felt too yucky to stay there, and I went upstairs to the kids bathroom in case I had to do some loud bathroom duties, lol. Well I only had lots of gas, it felt like I really had to go though, you know? After I peed, I wiped and noticed some bloody show. I was really confused because the only other time I have noticed that was while in active labor with Ava.

I came down and told Danny about it and said it may not be anything, but to be on alert. HAHA

I layed down and tried to go back to sleep. For around an hour or so I contracted (about 3:30-4:30). I could see the clock and that they were 10 minutes apart and growing stronger. I still wasn't convinced.

For another half hour or so I walked around my bedroom having contractions and swaying my hips...then I had a feeling this really was it, so I wanted some gatorade...walked to the kitchen slowly while breathing sort of heavily...got a cup and straw...stopped and squatted through a contraction...walked to the laundry room fridge, had another and stopped and squatted on the floor in there...they were close now...

I got back to my room, walked in, felt one coming on, put my cup on the dresser, got down and sqatted again. When it was over, Danny asked how far apart they were. I said, "Close, around 2 minutes." He asked, "Forty-two minutes?" I said, "No, TWO minutes."

I grabbed my cup, walked to the bathroom and had another one where I squatted by the tub...ok they just kept coming and coming. They felt great though!

I got things set up for me while Danny layed there..that is what I wanted by the way...I didn't really want him in my way at that point and just needed to do what I needed to do.

So I got my tape player with my relaxation tape set up, peed (and had a few bouts of gas and diarrhea, lost LOTS of bloody show), got my lotion, chapstick, headband, ran the tub water, things like that.

For awhile I just labored away on the toilet since I kept feeling nasty and was so afraid of pooing in my bathwater, ew! The toilet felt pretty comfy for awhile, so I just let it happen.

Around 5:30 I got in the tub and the contractions were getting much stronger. I was getting really loud. I am a big vocalizer, lol! Helps me from tensing up since it is such a release, but yeah I moaned pretty freakin' loudly, lol! My relaxation tape was so comforting. I began listening to it almost nightly since 28 weeks, and the voice and music just became so soothing to me. Every time the tape ended I would rewind it until another wave came, then hurried to push play just so I could relax through it.

I really needed that tape on when I contracted, I didn't even need to hear what was being said. But the parts that I did listen to were very helpful in visualizing and talking to my baby. Helped me stay focused.

I started to really worry about pooing in the tub. I knew that fear would hold me back, so I had to release it. I told myself that I was gonna go with it and if it happened, I was not afraid. Things picked up even more then.

One thing I want to note is that this labor was very intense but I didn't really have pain until the end, you know, when that mack truck plowed through my vagina, hahaha! It felt so great, so empowering, so spiritual. I prayed a lot and spoke with God. I asked Him to give me continued strenth and to help bring my baby out and down. I also did a lot of visualizing of my cervix opening and my baby coming down, as well as talking to my baby.

I felt in such harmony with my baby. I could feel him moving and working right along with me. I would call out to him during surges, "Come on baby! Come on down, we want to meet you!" I would yell "Yes!" with my contractions. They felt so good and I knew that each one was not something to fear, but something to look forward to, as each one was bringing me closer to my baby.

Danny had gotten up around the time I had gotten into the tub and got me a few refills of my drink, got the other stuff set up like towels and my big plastic shower curtain, placenta bowl... We'd chit chat a little between waves. And he lit candles and kneeled by the tub to hug me and kiss me and rub my back and splash water on me. I felt so close to him, it was so romantic. It reminded me of the romance of conception and it was just so beautiful to labor there with him, uninhibited, just as when we created this child.

Around 6 the contractions were making me louder than before. I knew that I was right in my instincts- baby was posterior. I had to get on my hands and knees in the water and get that baby to get into position, I felt inside of me, and could feel his head about two inches up and knew I had to work with him to get him to come down.

We worked in perfect harmony- contraction would start, I would breathe, then moan and sway my hips, and at the end I had to grunt really loudly because I had to bear down to help turn and spin him. I could feel him moving around in there, grinding my bones. I also knew I was in transition because I wanted to cry at the end of each one of those waves, BUT I told myself it would only last through a few contractions, to be fearless, to help my baby out and go with it. So even though I wanted to cry, I got myself to not want to give up and persevere. This was the hardest part, it was a lot of work to turn that big baby.

My noise was perfect though because Danielle and Vanessa came down with tears in their eyes, they had heard me and knew the baby was coming. I asked Danielle to get Dominic, so she left and grabbed Dom and Ava. Danny had them sit in my room with the tv on. I had a couple more of those contractions trying to spin and bring baby down. I felt so strong! And I felt so close to my baby as we worked so hard together.

Finally I knew it was time. I felt that pressure. I was getting the baby down, time to get into postion. Again, as I did with Ava, I leaned over the edge of my tub, and screamed for the kids, "The head is coming out!!!!"

They ran in, all of them surrounded the tub and I literally screamed him down, his head was so big coming out, this part DID hurt. I knew immediately that this was a much bigger baby than Ava (she was 8lb 13oz). With her I felt immediate relief as her head emerged. Not this time.

I had my hand down there to feel and help control his descent, both Danny and I were feeling actually. And we didn't say anything at the time, but afterward we both commented on how weird it felt because we couldn't feel the baby,we felt something else. What we were feeling was his head IN the sac. I remember thinking his head felt plasticy, haha! My membranes didn't rupture until his body was coming out, and OW! Huge footballer shoulders were coming out of me! I thought I had to have been ripping open (but nope, another birth without tearing!).

We pulled him up out of the water together as I went to sit back. Danny thought he saw something because he asked, "Is it a boy." I was trying to just rub his back and get him to cry, but I had so much focus on my burning crotch. Danny looked again as I told him that I didn't know what it was because my crotch was too sore too think to look...he yelled, "IT'S A BOY!" Oh my goodness they were all yelling. I was ecstatic but told them to be quiet because I still wanted a quiet, peaceful birth. HAHA

I sat in the tub for awhile, baby didn't want to nurse right away, but we cuddled in the tub. He was born right around 6:30 am. So around 3 hours give or take, but I didn't even really know it was labor for most of it, lol!

After awhile I had Danny help me onto the floor with the baby still attached to me because I wanted to try to nurse him to loosen the placenta. It was a bit hard to get him to nurse though, the cord was wrapped around his leg, it was done pulsating anyway so I decided we could cut it then. I then got a better look at the cord and discovered a nice knot in it. The placenta took awhile this time because he really wasn't too interested in eating. I was having lots of afterpains and one that made me want to bear down a bit, so I pushed and most of the placenta came out but there was still a part attached to me. So I had to sit over a bowl and just wait for it to loosen on it's own.

We then weighed our boy because we knew he was big and were really curious and I wanted his weight before he ate anyway. 10 pounds even! Wooohooo!

I am so amazed that it went just as I had hoped and prayed. The weeks of early labor must've gotten my body ready to have a short labor. (Never did cervical checks so I don't know how dilated I was to begin with). The labor was really not even painful until the end, but that was to be expected, hahaha! I was so in control this time, I knew what to expect and I understood the labor process so much better. I didn't labor until later in the ealry morning hours so the kids were still asleep and out of my way, I wasn't totally tired when it began and they all got to witness the birth, We got our much hoped for boy. He is healthy and fat and gorgeous and I feel pretty good. My crotch was only sore for a couple hours, now I just have a sore pelvis. But that thing did a lot of opening to turn my baby anterior and get him out, so I am very proud of my pelvis! Oh, and I didn't poo all over my tub!

Well, I think that is it. If I remember any other important details, I will have to add them in later. I also want to compose something about the pregnancy, and will have to work on that at a later date. This was a 100% unhindered pregnancy, meaning no doctor or midwife visits, no tests, no ultrasounds, no dopplers...and I believe it equated to the peace I felt, and the trust I was able to place not only in my body, but also in the Lord.

*Will try to get pics added later.

http://www.dropshots.com/zoom.html?l...7/b_074039.jpg

http://www.dropshots.com/zoom.html?l...7/b_125022.jpg

http://www.dropshots.com/zoom.html?l...7/b_162538.jpg

At 5 days old
http://www.dropshots.com/zoom.html?l...2/b_175807.jpg

Crunchy, Christ-lovin' mama to dd13, ds8, dd6, dd5, ds3  homeschool.gif intactlact.gif saynovax.gifuc.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 08:16 PM

Congratulations.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned

Wow, that was beautiful. I cried multiple times.

Congrats!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Congratulations!!!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM

beautiful
Old 11-09-2007, 09:55 PM

Just beautiful. Congratulations!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:14 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Welcome Vincent!!!

OUR DAUGHTERS ARE PROTECTED SHOULDN'T OUR SONS BE TOO! :
Old 11-09-2007, 10:36 PM

Thank you for sharing that story. You are an inspiration! Congratulations on the birth of your son. :
Old 11-09-2007, 10:52 PM

Congrats!! Great story!!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 PM

Congratulations mama!!

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
Old 11-09-2007, 11:49 PM

Yay! Congratulations, Mama! It sounds like a wonderful birth. A big welcome to your big boy. And hey! Don't knock pooping in the tub! When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

Enjoy your babymoon!
Kat

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
Old 11-10-2007, 12:00 AM

Yaaaaaaay! Congrats!!!!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:28 AM

Hi Mama, So beautiful and full of confidence. I was laughing to read all the "bathroom Nasties" it is so true the toilet is a nice place in labour sometimes. I havd a Midwife who always recomend her mamas imagine themselves at one point or another in labour on the pot.

Birth so raw and full of intuition, intention, inspiration and imagination! you have done something wonderful for your whole family and womankind! Thank you blessings!

Kiya- Mama to 3 growing Son's. Waldorf joy.gifDoula  hug.gif  Making Recycled Woolens and Trainers every spare moment.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:18 AM

So. Awesome! congratulations!!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:01 AM

Oh mama, what a beautiful story! You and babe were so strong and awesome! I'm so glad you had such a peaceful pregnancy and birth! Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:26 AM

Truly inspirational. Thank you sooo much for sharing! It was a beautiful story that brought tears to my eyes.

Angel (30), dh (31) (kd to H. 4/25/07 & K. 5/23/11), Vladimir 10/17/09 & Nikolai 7/6/11

Old 11-10-2007, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you ladies! It was such a wonderful experience, even better than my previous UC.

Crunchy, Christ-lovin' mama to dd13, ds8, dd6, dd5, ds3  homeschool.gif intactlact.gif saynovax.gifuc.jpg

Old 11-10-2007, 03:57 AM

WOW. This is one of the best birth stories I've yet to read. Beautiful! Congrats.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:09 AM

Thankyou for posting! That's a wonderful birth story

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:43 PM

That was just beautiful! Congratulations!

teapot2.GIF jog.gif

Old 11-10-2007, 03:34 PM

Congratulations!!! That is such a beautiful and inspirational story!!!

photosmile2.gif  M~ Mother to 1 GentlemanREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 Ladies blahblah.gif, thumbsuck.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, whistling.gif, energy.gif and 1 More Gentleman 1sttri.gif arriving in May, + 2 dog2.gifdog2.gif, and a rat hamster.jpg to add to the fun.

novaxnocirc.gif     cd.gif        treehugger.gif       goorganic.jpg       lactivist.gif       uc.jpg       bfinfant.gif      
Old 11-10-2007, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congratulations!!! That is such a beautiful birth story

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 11-10-2007, 04:24 PM

Happy babymoon.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:48 PM

Thanks for sharing your beautiful story!

Crunchy, pagan, vegan,homeschooling wife and mother of 3 beautiful daughters and 2 wonderful sons

Old 11-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I LOVE UC birth stories soooo much! Thank you for sharing yours and congratulations to you and your family! Can hardly wait to see pics of that new sweet boy.
Cheers,
Chelsie

Former Nanny Extraordinaire, looking forward to being a Mama! treehugger.gif I love Organizing & being a Health & Wellness Coach eat.gif & I'm crunchy granola as long as it's organic and certified gluten free. GF since March '08 yummy.gif. Willoughby Nov '11  cat.gif TTC #1-still, again, some more, & seriously pondering adoption. 
Old 11-10-2007, 06:24 PM

What a great birth story! Thanks for sharing!! And, congrats!

Bobbi

Wife to Chris

Mama to Maggie

.http://snoodledoodles.blogspot.com/

Old 11-11-2007, 12:17 AM

What a great story! Your family is beautiful...and you look so young to have FIVE kids! Way to go! UC is very knew to me..still learning..to be honest I didn't know it existed?!..congrats...
Old 11-11-2007, 01:32 AM

Congrats!!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 11-11-2007, 02:17 AM

Gorgeous! What a blessed birth!

Happy babymoon!!!!

Welcome to the world, Little Vincent!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 AM