UC homebirth.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-23-2008, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
She is almost a month old now, but better late than never...right? lol

Well she was 8 days late.....

I would think she was close to coming but she just was not.
Thankfully I did not have much contrax before delivery. I would have some here and there and it was not painful at all.
I lost the plug over a few days and then one morning I woke up to my water breaking (about 6am). I got up and started getting ready. Contrax still did not set in...thankfully.
We were going to do a water birth....so we had a pool. We filled it up the night before....because I thought she might be coming sooner than she did....but she did not so the water was cold. I had hubby bucket out half of the water and fill with warm water....it was still pretty cool.
The contrax started at about 7 or 7:30 am.... (but I was not pushing) and she was born at 8:55 am. The contrax were not bad at first but continued to get stronger......it was mainly my back that hurt. But it was not unbareable. I do not remember when I started pushing....I think at about 8. But I did not push for that whole hr....just when I felt like it.
She was born with the cord behind her neck and wrapped around her leg (that explains how she was in the u/s pics)....which kind of made it harder for her to come out at the end. She did with a little extra work. I thank God that she was and is perfectly healthy.

She was 7.10 and 18 inches long.

Me, God and baby......just the way I like birth.
#2 of 3 Old 06-23-2008, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedOne View Post
She is almost a month old now, but better late than never...right? lol

Well she was 8 days late.....

I would think she was close to coming but she just was not.
Thankfully I did not have much contrax before delivery. I would have some here and there and it was not painful at all.
I lost the plug over a few days and then one morning I woke up to my water breaking (about 6am). I got up and started getting ready. Contrax still did not set in...thankfully.
We were going to do a water birth....so we had a pool. We filled it up the night before....because I thought she might be coming sooner than she did....but she did not so the water was cold. I had hubby bucket out half of the water and fill with warm water....it was still pretty cool.
The contrax started at about 7 or 7:30 am.... (but I was not pushing) and she was born at 8:55 am. The contrax were not bad at first but continued to get stronger......it was mainly my back that hurt. But it was not unbareable. I do not remember when I started pushing....I think at about 8. But I did not push for that whole hr....just when I felt like it.
She was born with the cord behind her neck and wrapped around her leg (that explains how she was in the u/s pics)....which kind of made it harder for her to come out at the end. She did with a little extra work. I thank God that she was and is perfectly healthy.

She was 7.10 and 18 inches long.

Me, God and baby......just the way I like birth.
Wow! I keep hearing about all of these under 2 hour births from UC mamas, that's so awesome!

Congratulations, I hope you've been able to enjoy your babymoon this last month!
#3 of 3 Old 06-25-2008, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhugrrl View Post
Wow! I keep hearing about all of these under 2 hour births from UC mamas, that's so awesome!

Congratulations, I hope you've been able to enjoy your babymoon this last month!
thanks.....yeah everything happended fast once it got started.......it just took a little longer for everything to start....lol

With my last two births...which were both UC, I have figured out that we (our minds and bodies) are more in control of when the baby is born than we think.

And with my delivery before those two (birthing center)....it was strange because I started getting the revolation that babies CAN be born sooner than you think (so many people think you have to have hours of labor). I (as in my mind) did not have as much control with that one because I did not make my body get it done, so I let it go longer than needed (without taking control) that my body went into 'baby having mode' and just pushed the baby out without me doing barely any work. As a matter of fact, I could not STOP having the baby! But with all of that being said, he could have been born much earlier if I (my mind) would have taken control and told my body what to do. But I just did not take control and have him....so my body after a while said that it was doing it with or without my mind!
Basically I (and many others) was trained (by having a hospital birth prior) to do what you are told during birth. So I was waiting to be told what to do. But I did not have anyone to tell me what to do.....except my mind...which was not doing it. If that all makes sense.
I will say it was a cool experience...but at the same time annoying knowing that he could have been born hours sooner if I would have taking control.

we've got the power, we just have to use it! lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page