Non-ideal, non-traumatic, UC transfer - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mazel tov!!! Welcome to the world little one!
#32 of 40 Old 09-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congratulations! Sorry that it didn't go as planned but I'm glad you're both doing well.

Dd#2 was OP most my (very long) labor and the pain was horrendous (ended up HB transfer CBAC, and she wasn't healthy). Dd#3 was a very easy hospital VBA2C, she was in a good position and the contractions were so much easier that it wasn't until I was 7cm that I really believed I was in labor (had prodromal labor all weekend before she was born)
#33 of 40 Old 09-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Banned

i was looking for your story!

sorry that you had to transfer, but it certainly soundns like what was best for you!

and *I love* her name! she's a beauty!
#34 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1221 View Post
Hey, Liz! : Jake was the birth my contrax weren't working right and I ended up w/ the epidural, etc. He was born OA, but he was also asynclitic. Now my pelvis passed an OP + nuchal hand baby before him, so he was able to come out asynclitic. Maybe your girly was asynclitic or otherwise not optimally positioned up until you pushed her out. My midwife was telling me there was a recent study released where they took u/s DURING labor and found that babies still turn around quite a bit even during active labor. So just cuz she was born OA doesn't mean she was there the whole time. :

I'm glad you have such a positive attitude about it. Sounds like it wasn't too bad other than the pushing on your back and tearing. btdt. Bring home a sitz bath if they offer you one. Or just get in the tub several times a day.

Hope I get to meet her!
Asynclitic? Off to Google...
Dh says she had her hand by her shoulder and he thinks that's what caused the tear.
#35 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Asynclitic? Off to Google...
Dh says she had her hand by her shoulder and he thinks that's what caused the tear.
That's probably why it was taking so long, too. She may have had her hand up above her head of something so she couldn't engage until she moved it down. KWIM?
#36 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy1221 View Post
That's probably why it was taking so long, too. She may have had her hand up above her head of something so she couldn't engage until she moved it down. KWIM?
Goodness knows her hand is always in the way now that she's out.
#37 of 40 Old 09-15-2008, 03:01 PM

She is absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations!!!

-sarah-
mom to three, 4 and under.
#38 of 40 Old 09-26-2008, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to the World, Little One! Great Job, Sapphire! No matter what you call it, contractions in your back STINK.

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

#39 of 40 Old 10-30-2008, 11:17 PM

Was that Methodist you went to? How did the nurses treat you? I did my midwifery practicum there, and it was at least cool that they had midwives, but some of the nursing staff was pretty stubborn about doing things their way. Beautiful baby, by the way!!!
#40 of 40 Old 10-30-2008, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothmommy View Post
Was that Methodist you went to? How did the nurses treat you? I did my midwifery practicum there, and it was at least cool that they had midwives, but some of the nursing staff was pretty stubborn about doing things their way. Beautiful baby, by the way!!!
I think they assumed that I'd know all about staying in a hospital and I didn't. For instance, I didn't find out until our last day there that I could go to get Lina when it was time to feed her instead of waiting for them (2 nurses with 5-6 babies at a time) to have a chance to bring her to me. (She got bililights which is many levels of stupidity*, but the doctor's fault not the nurses fault.)

(*many, many,....many, many levels of stupidity)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page