Help, Infection? in intact penis - Mothering Forums
Intactivism > Help, Infection? in intact penis
jessmama's Avatar jessmama 07:01 PM 10-03-2011

My seventeen month old is intact and has never been retracted. Today he started complaining of pain in his penis and I noticed that one side is very red and swollen. It is also hot to the touch and very painful. He hasn't been able to/ or is unwilling to pee for several hours (we do EC and he freaks at sitting on the potty and hasn't had any wet pants). I'm not sure what to do but my knee jerk reaction is to take him to the doctor.  However, I am afraid to take him to the doctor for fear they will insist on retracting him. We are new to the area we live and don't do well child visits so I don't know any intact knowledgeable drs in the area.

Is there any thing we can do at home to help him? We have tried warm baths with epsom salts. It just continues to swell and get more sore.

MCatLvrMom2A&X's Avatar MCatLvrMom2A&X 07:29 PM 10-03-2011
This thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=764732 has a few suggestions on things you can do to help and also really an infection or if it is just separation starting. (Even at 17 months he could be starting separation.)

My ds's bacterial infection started out as a one side swelling that very quickly escalated into the whole penis swelling to triple its normal size so if it is an infection you are going to see it get worse fast. If that is the case then you should have a swab done of the tip to make sure it isnt yeast before starting abx.
Up