Help, Infection? in intact penis - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-03-2011, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My seventeen month old is intact and has never been retracted. Today he started complaining of pain in his penis and I noticed that one side is very red and swollen. It is also hot to the touch and very painful. He hasn't been able to/ or is unwilling to pee for several hours (we do EC and he freaks at sitting on the potty and hasn't had any wet pants). I'm not sure what to do but my knee jerk reaction is to take him to the doctor.  However, I am afraid to take him to the doctor for fear they will insist on retracting him. We are new to the area we live and don't do well child visits so I don't know any intact knowledgeable drs in the area.

Is there any thing we can do at home to help him? We have tried warm baths with epsom salts. It just continues to swell and get more sore.

Jess Mama to Doodle 12, Bubby 10, K Shay 8, Boo 6, Monkey 4 and, Bear 1.

#2 of 2 Old 10-03-2011, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This thread http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=764732 has a few suggestions on things you can do to help and also really an infection or if it is just separation starting. (Even at 17 months he could be starting separation.)

My ds's bacterial infection started out as a one side swelling that very quickly escalated into the whole penis swelling to triple its normal size so if it is an infection you are going to see it get worse fast. If that is the case then you should have a swab done of the tip to make sure it isnt yeast before starting abx.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page