10-08-2011, 12:03 AM
- Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure, but maybe someone can find an anti-circumcision opportunity here. From an Office on Womens Health mailing list email:
Domestic Violence Regional Roundtable Event: Engaging Men and Boys in Preventing Violence
Date: October 26, 2011
Time: 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
Location: Thomas P. O’Neill Federal Building, 10 Causeway Street, First Floor O’Neill Auditorium, Boston, MA 02222
Purpose: To engage members of the public; community and faith-based organizations; students; educators; domestic violence advocates; housing officials; homeless advocates; government leaders; and health care professionals on the topic of engaging men and boys in preventing violence. The event is open to everyone and free of charge.
* U.S. Department of Education
* U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
* U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
* 9 to 9:30 a.m.—Registration, networking
* 9:30 to 9:40 a.m.— Brief welcome from Federal agencies
* 9:40 to 9:50 a.m.—Massachusetts First Lady Diane Patrick (invited)
* 9:50 to 11:30 a.m.— Panel presentation with audience discussion; Q&A
* Craig Norberg-Bohm, Men’s Initiative for Jane Doe, Inc. Youth Peer leader from Start Strong Initiative, Boston Public Health Commission
* Lisa Burke, Nurse Practitioner, Site Director, Greater Lawrence Family Health Center at Lawrence High School, Lawrence, MA to talk about the community impact of domestic violence
To register for this event go to http://www.hud.gov/emarc/index.cfm?fuseaction=emar.registerEvent&eventId=1060&update=N
For more information on this forum contact: Rhonda Siciliano by email at [email protected]
Please note: Since this event is being held in a Federal building attendees will be required to pass through security prior to entering.