How to figure out dates... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-23-2011, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I see people saying "I'm 4 weeks" or "I'm 6 weeks" and I try to figure out when I might expect to start feeling some of the symptoms people are talking about, and I'm just confused LOL Are people talking about weeks from their last period, or weeks from ovulation, or is there likely to be a mix of both, depending on what info people had? I've been figuring my EDD from my ovulation date, but I know that most of the time when midwives/docs talk about "weeks along" it's from last period, or two weeks(ish) before ovulation. So then I should be considering myself almost 5 weeks along now (O was almost 3 weeks ago)? Is that how it works? bag.gif

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM

DDCC - yes, that's how it works.  if you know your O date (more or less), just add two weeks.  so, you're almost five weeks.  i always have a problem doing that because i knew i wasn't two weeks further along than i was saying.  why can't we just say a pregnancy last 38 weeks and count from the moment of conception (or as close as we can determine that to be).

congratulations to you!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#3 of 3 Old 04-23-2011, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!!

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page