Chat thread - May 9-16 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2011, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Its funny...  I felt really pregnant for a week, and then not for a week, but always just a little queasy.  Well, last night I officially tossed the cookies for the first time.  I hope its the last.  With dd1 I did one time and with dd2 I didn't that I remember.  Now hopefully I can start to feel better.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2011, 12:16 PM

I just came back from our u/s (sorry! I know y'all were just talking about that). Heard the HB and saw the bean, and of course I'm in love! Can't wait till December!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am 10 weeks today and have an appt on Monday.. I'm really looking forward to hearing a heartbeat!! And I'm also hoping my sch is clearing up, but I will need a new u/s to know that.

I took my DF to the airport today.. he's going to be gone for a month!!! I've been crying or on the verge of crying all day.. I miss him so much already :(

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
Old 05-13-2011, 04:36 PM

Anyone measure ahead with previous babes? I'm 8 weeks but measured 10w4d at the ultrasound. With DD I measured right on, so I have no previous experience.

SierraBella-((hugs)) I know how you feel! DH is military and gone all the time, but I miss him a lot regardless of how much/little he's away. I hope you have some fun things planned to pass the time.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah0315 View Post

Anyone measure ahead with previous babes? I'm 8 weeks but measured 10w4d at the ultrasound. With DD I measured right on, so I have no previous experience.

SierraBella-((hugs)) I know how you feel! DH is military and gone all the time, but I miss him a lot regardless of how much/little he's away. I hope you have some fun things planned to pass the time.

DF is just in the reserves, so this is just a once a year thing.. but it's still so hard! I'm selfishly hoping he doesn't get deployed between now and when he gets out 1 1/2 years from now (he went to Iraq before i met him).

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:55 PM

JenineJessica- I was SOOOO nervous when I told my boss I was pregnant with DS1!!!! It was totally fine though lol...with DS2 and this one he found via FB LOL...no he is calling me "Preggers" of well...better than "Crash" which was my old nick name (because I've been in my share of car accidents - NOT all my fault, and NONE recent).

MamaEcho- I totally *know* (I think I have only met you in person once or twice) you from my local mommy forum/group! Too funny! With DS1 I ended up re-meeting an old family friend through a DDC here also! Crazy...

Well, my week has been chaotic, but, I am adjusted into a "new" (went back to my previous employer) (from an awful job) and my kids switched out of an awful daycare back into their old and wonderful daycare, I had a job interview, and had to wear my skirt backwards so the extra room for my butt allowed space for my belly! I also had my 9wk appointment and heard/saw the heartbeat and saw my little one....who was not moving at all other than the HB...anyone else had this before??? Both my boys moved like crazy each U/S...I'm trying not to worry - the HB seemed really strong...I just cannot believe he/she did not move at all! Maybe it just means this child will have slightly less energy than my boys...I think I deserve that....LOL!!!

Oh and then another blessing, I just got some great maternity clothes off freecycle that look brand new, and I spent about $30 between Goodwill and Ross and got like 10 shirts and 3 pants/skirts...I am super happy about that, sense I got rid of ALL my maternity clothes last summer, thinking it would be several years until I needed them again... now if I just new the sex so I could start collecting baby clothes at yard sales...I guess I can start with gender neutral onesies and gowns though...what does a December baby wear? My boys were born in spring and summer so light sleepers and onesies or just a cloth diaper was plenty! Ooooh...which reminds me I need new newborn covers!!! Yay!!! So fun!!! Now if I can just convince DH I need to spend the money....LOL

So this has been a great week!

Old 05-14-2011, 06:20 PM

Starting to think about clothes for the baby here too - just saw what looked like a consignment shop when we were out driving today, so I may go poke around and see what they have. I'm thinking warm...wool and fleece and layers and baby legs! Oh those cute baby legs... love them. And they're great under gowns, I'd imagine - both as a second layer and as a bit of protection from bare skin during diaper changes in chilly air. We don't keep our house all that warm, so I think we'll be dressing the baby as warmly as we dress ourselves.

We were at IKEA today, looking at kitchen cabinets, and took a detour through the baby section. I really like some of their cribs and carpets and bedding choices - cute and not very expensive. I really feel like it doesn't make sense to spend much money on a "nursery" that the baby will grow out of in a few years, but they had some sweet things that looked like they would transition well through at least early childhood. I also love that they are not the commercialized characters - I know a lot of people don't mind them but the Disney Princesses etc make me crazy, with the marketing and pushing brand loyalty to younger and younger children. But the cute animals and such that they have at IKEA make me smile :-) There was one bedding set that was all veggies - if I were having a summer baby, I'd be all over that! So cute and colorful!

We're trying to figure out a sleeping arrangement that makes sense for us. I feel like a cosleeper is our best option, but the space on my side of the bed is very limited. An arm's reach cosleeper would totally block half of the drawers in my dresser. Assuming it fit between the bed and dresser at all, which would mean it would have to be a very small one. I thought about building one like this one: http://www.babybunk.com/ If we built our own, we could make it a bit wider than the one the baby bunk people offer - theirs looks awfully narrow to me. It doesn't look THAT hard to build to me - I'll probably have our builder look at it sometime while he's here working on the house and see what he says.

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Old 05-14-2011, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I am so tired. So, so tired, it's unbelievable. Yesterday I slept in and made DD late for school (DS was ready to go when I got up, so I sent him out the door just barely on time) I'd gone to bed at 10 the night before, so t here was no reason for me to not get up at 7:30! I think I'm going to have to start setting an alarm. Then I slept from 11am until it was time to pick them up, then flopped down on the couch when we got home and ordered chinese food for dinner. I was hoping the tiredness would start to go soon, but it's getting worse! I'm 10 weeks now, I'll get my energy back any day, right? Please?

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:46 PM

Oh, I can relate to the fatigue.  It's awful. I don't remember ever having this level of fatigue previously, but maybe I blocked  out that part of the memories. 

Old 05-14-2011, 07:53 PM

Heather (I'm Heather too BTW), I LOVE Baby Legs! My 22 month old came into my bedroom yesterday wearing them on both legs and one arm and my 4 year old had them on both his arms...they still wear them pretty often as an extra layer, and they were really great for potty training and ECing! I am going to have to buy or make more though because they will not give them up!

I am still pretty tired too...I really feel like that my whole pregnancy though...except, to be honest, this is my first time being pregnant and not being in school and working 2-3 jobs (I am not in school and only working 1 job), so hopefully that will help...I also nursed through my last pregnancy and this time I am not...

Old 05-15-2011, 12:16 AM

I'm 11weeks and some odd days - an edd is just that -an estimate, so I try to stick with "early December" and not watch the day too closely . I am going unassisted until September - then I'll go to my old midwife to order an u/s to confirm an out of hospital birth is safe. Still trying to decide if I'm going unassisted for the birth or going to the birth center for the tub that is a small swimming pool.

So no exciting news from me :)

Just waiting for the "so tired I can sleep all day" phase to be over until November.

Czarena

mama to 3 boys and hoping against hope for a girl!

Old 05-15-2011, 10:04 AM

I am 9 weeks 2 days. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 3 days and saw the heartbeat. I have another prenatal and ultrasound tomorrow. I had thought I would skip the ultrasound this time, but I plan to switch to a midwife after this appointment and she says she thinks the doppler is worse and doesn't like to use it early on. Since I have no morning sickness and feel super skitish this go round, I decided to go ahead with the ultrasound and just have them make it as short as possible. I need to know everything is ok in there since I don't really feel pregnant at all. I am, of course, nervous about it. My belly does seem to be growing and I have some stretching pains at night lately so I do feel like something is going on. Just need reassurance. I never had an early ultrasound with my DD but my old midwife did let us hear the heartbeat at our 2nd visit (I think 12 weeks?). I am so much more skitish this time. Perhaps bc I have less symptoms - and bc we went through SO much more to conceive this one!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 05-16-2011, 09:03 AM

Can it be? I swear I'm feeling this baby!!!! Just twice now but the one this morning was definitely the baby,definitely not gas! very deep in me - thump thump

I had an anterior placenta with DS and didn't feel movement until well past 20weeks

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09
Old 05-16-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carhootel View Post

Can it be? I swear I'm feeling this baby!!!! Just twice now but the one this morning was definitely the baby,definitely not gas! very deep in me - thump thump

I had an anterior placenta with DS and didn't feel movement until well past 20weeks

Some women do feel movement quite early on with second and subsequent pregnancies. :)  I think the earliest I ever let myself recognize was about 13 weeks, but I have heard of other women who said they felt something well within the first trimester. 

Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 AM

I stopped at the Salvation Army store today, just to see what they had, and came home with a little pile of cuteness!! I couldn't believe the brands they had - Gap, Rugged Bear, hanna andersson!! I know, I know, all they're going to do in the clothes is drool and have poopsplosions, but some of that stuff is so stinkin' CUTE!! I found a super soft fleecy baby snowsuit, size 3-6 months, which I think will be just perfect for this winter. It still had the tags on it for crying out loud, and I paid $4 for it! I picked up a couple of long sleeved teeshirts and gowns (one with a snowflake and "Let it SNOW!"... so cute!!) And I found a BEAUTIFUL sweater - it's a size 50 (hanna andersson uses European sizes, in US sizes that's about a size 0-3) so it won't fit very long, but it'll be nice and warm for the beginning and I only paid $3 for it, so I'm perfectly happy with it for as long as it lasts. It's so hard to find gender neutral things, and these things lean a smidge in the "boy" direction, but who cares. They're close enough to gender neutral that they'll be fine. I had such fun!

We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

Old 05-16-2011, 12:46 PM

Careful heather that's how I ended up with three large rubbermaid totes of clothes before even getting pregnant! lol. I kept finding amazing sales and deals at consignment or thrift stores, and so I would buy one piece at a time, one piece, one piece, etc... and then I got some hand me downs from family who knew we would have kids soon... and all of a sudden I have an insane amount of clothes. But you're right, some of the prices on it are amazing. For some reason the value village near me always has boatload of Carter's clothing, which I'm liking because it's generally nice and long. I'm short, but have a long torso, and DH is 6'4, so I could see the babe being long-- so I'm stocking up on carters lol! 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 05-16-2011, 01:12 PM

Has anyone found maternity underwear that they love?  I have some Old Navy maternity underwear from last time, but now I can't find them for sale on their website. 

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

Old 05-16-2011, 04:18 PM

Am not ready for baby shopping yet, but when I will I will do it in Marshalls/TJMaxx,,,they constantly have something good on clearance rack (I got stuff for all bunch of my girlfriends when they started having babies all at the same time :))

Wendizbaby, how far you are if you already need maternety undies? I am perfectly fine in my regular panties (only thing I wear is tongs),,,

,,,it was worth to wait for two years,,,
Old 05-16-2011, 04:55 PM

LOL I know, I'm going to try not to go completely crazy, because I know how much people want to give those cute lil clothes as gifts, but it just makes it feel more real to have a few things to hold and fold and look at, yanno?

As for maternity undies, I didn't even think about that! Didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to wear my normal undies the whole way through! I wear bikinis though, so maybe I will be fine? Hope you find something comfy, Wendizbaby!

Old 05-16-2011, 06:10 PM

I've been thinking I feel movement too - very rarely though...but it feels like the "fish swimming" feeling I had with my other 2...I just figured it was impossible and I am making it up lol..I'm 10 weeks right now.

I have never tried maternity underwear...I just buy a bigger size of regular underwear - I wear bikkini style..

Old 05-16-2011, 06:48 PM

Does anyone else have an insane mother-in-law?

The woman is driving me nuts. I'm absolutely amazed at the things I must know RIGHT NOW, and share with her (or rather, DH must share with her):

How often I'm vomiting. How much I'm sleeping. What I'm wearing. If I feel movement yet. What week will I hear the heartbeat. What week will I have an ultrasound to tell gender. When is the midwife (the one we've told her would be at the birth, but who doesn't actually exist) doing home visits. What hospital will we transfer to when I need a C/S. What name have we chosen. Who will be at the birth. What pediatrician will we use (you know, you have to interview them early, right?--says she). Don't forget you MUST vaccinate your child right after birth.

And of course, she's invited herself and DH's step-father to the birth. OH HELL NO! Gladly, DH went to battle for me and told her we want to keep it minimal and quiet (very tactful). Really, we'll just totally avoid talking to her the last weeks, and call her several hours after the babe arrives. And insist that no, she can't visit that same day, and no, she certainly can't stay the night (when she insists we abdicate our bed for her old lady (47 year old) bones).

I'm oh so happy we live 3 hours from her, and that she and I aren't exactly friendly, so she mostly funnels her questions to DH, but she's bugging him so much about the baby that he's sick of talking about it, and, hello! I'm giving birth to the child, I should have some talking rights! I avoid answering my phone (really wishing for caller ID), and I don't post on Facebook because of all her annoying comments. Now I just want to tighten the belt, and not let any single bit of information out to her. See, annoying woman, you're craziness is actually getting you less information instead of more.

She really really really wants to have her fingers in everything, that constantly controlling woman! I so loved my sweet husband the other day when his mother said, "I just want to be involved," and he snorted and said, "Well, she's not."

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I want to stomp my feet in frustration.

Ok, vent over.

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:53 PM

:hug: so sorry your MIL is being a pain in the patooey Azadehhast! I'm glad your husband is helpful in dealing with her.

I got a surprise goodie package in the mail today! One of my buddies had been at a conference where they handed out samples of various organic body care things, and she sent me all the baby related ones she got! And also tucked into the package was the adorable, tiny, knit octopus that is now my avatar! It's SOOOO cute - and I need to find out where she got it so I can get some more and make a mobile with them!! My friends have a running joke that there is a test for parenthood preparedness (from some email forward or facebook thingy, not sure exactly where it started), and one of the hands on examinations is dressing an octopus... so my baby has become "the octopus" to them. Fortunetly, I find it amusing too. There have been many octopus sightings since the joke ensued, so, of course, the way I told my husband about the baby was to wrap up baby's first toy - an octopus with a pirate costume on - with the positive POAS and give it to him for an early Easter gift :-)

Old 05-16-2011, 08:22 PM

Undies: I've not ever found any that I like. So, I just use my regular ones.. I wear bikinis or low ride ones and when my booty gets bigger, I just buy a bigger size.

My update from the OB: I went to the OB today (ive been seeing both MW and OB) to check up on my SCH, and everything looks great! I had a little ultrasound and the SCH has pretty much cleared up, and the little one was moving all around, kicking and doing flips, and was measuring right on track!! I am so relieved! I went in there prepared for the worst (which is kind of silly now that I think about it, I have been sooooo sick I am obviously still very pregnant). He told me that since it's pretty much gone, I should be completely in the clear now :)

My DF has been gone for 4 days, and I haven't heard from him since Sat. night.. he told me it would probably be a little while before he's able to call me, but I miss him so much and really want to tell him our good news! He'll be in Morocco until the middle of June :(

Old 05-16-2011, 08:23 PM

I'm not yet too big for my normal underwear, it's just that maternity underwear are so much more comfortable and they don't give me underwear lines.  I actually just found some on Gap.com: http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=6065&mlink=55698,1946460,11&clink=1946460.  Expensive, though!  

I'm glad some of you are saying you are feeling movement.  I know that I am feeling the little peanut in my lower right side.  It's in the same spot, it's a quick flutter and I feel it about 10 times a day.  

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

Old 05-16-2011, 09:19 PM

My aunt and uncle are teachers, and they taught at an American international school in Morocco for many years while their kids (four boys) were smallish. They loved their time there, lots of great stories, so I hope the time your DF spends there passes quickly - both for him and for you! Can you email him, or is there no contact at all? :hugs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBella View Post

Undies: I've not ever found any that I like. So, I just use my regular ones.. I wear bikinis or low ride ones and when my booty gets bigger, I just buy a bigger size.

My update from the OB: I went to the OB today (ive been seeing both MW and OB) to check up on my SCH, and everything looks great! I had a little ultrasound and the SCH has pretty much cleared up, and the little one was moving all around, kicking and doing flips, and was measuring right on track!! I am so relieved! I went in there prepared for the worst (which is kind of silly now that I think about it, I have been sooooo sick I am obviously still very pregnant). He told me that since it's pretty much gone, I should be completely in the clear now :)

My DF has been gone for 4 days, and I haven't heard from him since Sat. night.. he told me it would probably be a little while before he's able to call me, but I miss him so much and really want to tell him our good news! He'll be in Morocco until the middle of June :(

Old 05-17-2011, 01:08 AM

It's only in Canada, but the Thyme Maternity underwear is supposed to be amazzzzzzing. I used to work at the store, and we had a good number of non-pregnant women who used to come in and buy them on the recommendation of friends. More people than I thought that wear them all the time, pregnant or not. Just make sure you get the hipster ones. They always come in funky patterns too. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Old 05-17-2011, 02:44 AM

Off-topic, but I broke down crying during a conversation with my professor a few weeks back.  Totally unexpected.  It was even more awkward because I hadn't told anyone about the pregnancy so I couldn't blame it on the hormones.  I was mortified!

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 AM

In response to a post about crying while sharing the news with a boss: 

Off-topic, but I broke down crying during a conversation with my professor a few weeks back.  Totally unexpected.  It was even more awkward because I hadn't told anyone about the pregnancy so I couldn't blame it on the hormones.  I was mortified! 

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
Old 05-17-2011, 02:47 AM

Oops.  Double-posted.2whistle.gif

Old 05-18-2011, 12:40 PM

I always wear regular undies, just a bigger size to accomodate my hips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuremamaheather View Post

LOL I know, I'm going to try not to go completely crazy, because I know how much people want to give those cute lil clothes as gifts, but it just makes it feel more real to have a few things to hold and fold and look at, yanno?

As for maternity undies, I didn't even think about that! Didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to wear my normal undies the whole way through! I wear bikinis though, so maybe I will be fine? Hope you find something comfy, Wendizbaby!

User Tag List