Chat thread - May 9-16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 60 Old 05-10-2011, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I noticed that some of the other DDCs have a general chat thread every week where people can post about their latest appointments, moves, new jobs, whatever is going on in their very busy lives. 

Really, I just want an excuse to post about my 12 week midwife appointment this morning when I heard the babe's heartbeat for the first time.  I haven't had an ultrasound and don't plan to have one until 18 weeks so it was very exciting and reassuring to hear the heartbeat and have my midwife say that chances are we're in the clear now!  Also, I found out that my second midwife from our first birth is joining our team (she was previously on a different team and just happened to be filling in for our other midwife the day we gave birth).  So all around good news for me today.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

#2 of 60 Old 05-10-2011, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

Ha - I realized I posted this in the wrong DDC.  I'm actually due in November.  Sorry guys!

#3 of 60 Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcacat View Post

Ha - I realized I posted this in the wrong DDC.  I'm actually due in November.  Sorry guys!

Ha! It's ok! Can we hijack your thread and make it ours though??

I was just about to start a thread of chatting or checking in about first appts. I know I started the thread about not having appts but I broke down and asked my midwife for an early dating U/S so we could change my due date. Well, the U/S was today and I was right! EDD has moved by a week now, and we saw a good strong heartbeat and a blobby baby! It was my first trans-vaginal U/S and it was nice that they could see so much more at such an early gestation!

Today was also eventful that my M/S that has been here for a week or two got SO MUCH WORSE. Puking and just feeling AWFUL. Ugh. I know I'm still super early but I told DH last night that this is my last pregnancy, I just can't do this again! 

Charlotte wife to B momma to Q 2/22/09
#4 of 60 Old 05-10-2011, 04:15 PM

I have my first MW appointment on Friday and I will probably ask her for an early u/s as well, I'm 8 wks and super paranoid. I think I'm driving DH crazy. I'm worried/curious that it might be multiples. I've been having horrible nausea, much more than I had with DD and I'm just feeling all around blah. I know that is a good sign that the little bean is doing well, but there is something that I just can't shake, hence wanting the u/s.

Other than that we're just going about our hot lives here in FL. It's officially scorching for my tastes (mountain girl), and I know it is just going to get worse once the humidity really kicks into gear. *sigh* smile.gif
#5 of 60 Old 05-10-2011, 04:50 PM

This is terrific that we now have a chat threat, even if it was by accident winky.gif

I have my twelve week appt next week and I'm going to bring DD with me (she's 2.5) even though we haven't told her about the pregnancy yet. My midwives are dying to see her but typically I don't bring her to any doctors appts so this will be interesting. I wonder if she'll pick up on whats going on...

Also, finally I'm feeling the "tiredness" begin to dissipate...that constant sleeping pill feeling finally feels like its wearing off. And I officially cracked out the maternity box from storage this week...and bought a few extra goodies on mothers day for myself!!!!

I hope everyone had a great mothers' day!!!!!!!

Me and DH and DD (2) and expecting #2 11/27!!!!! thumb.gif
#6 of 60 Old 05-10-2011, 06:07 PM

Hey girls,,,,I was oppening mothering.com and thinking how come we don't one tread just to chat about our daily problems,,,Good to find one!

I will have my next us on 23th and then 1st trimester screening on 31st,,,,I already saw my baby when I was 7 weeks since I got preg w IUI,,,so three US for me it sounds a lot,,,

I got bad cold and I thing now am getting pregnancy alergies,,,not fun at all,,,

Karmamaa yesterday I read that little siblings should be informed later on during the pregnancy because for them is very difficult to understand all this pregnancy thing,,,I think showing US may scare her and give unnecesary questions,,,But its everybody's own choice, I would wait,,,

,,,it was worth to wait for two years,,,
#7 of 60 Old 05-11-2011, 08:43 AM

Yay, a chat thread!

I'm 9.5 weeks over here.. I have an appt with an OB next week (also seeing a MW) to see how everything is. I have a Subchorionic Hematoma, but so far everything is OK. I'm still off and on worried about it though. I had a u/s at 8 weeks and s/he had a great HB, so I am trying to keep my spirits high that everything will be OK.

My DF is leaving on Friday to go to Africa for a month, and I have no idea how I am suppose to take it easy with my SCH and 2 energetic toddlers... also, I am going to miss him terribly :(

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#8 of 60 Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Hi ladies!

I have an appt next week, that I'm really excited about.

I was diagnosed with strep throat on Monday, so I've been just taking it easy trying to heal from that.. and now the yeast infection that was caused by the antibiotics.. BOO!

We found out today that our oldest was accepted into the gifted and talented school.. so now we have to make a decision about that.. and we only have until the 23rd to decide.. EEP!

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#9 of 60 Old 05-11-2011, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yay for chat! I've so been needing to chat about pregnancy things. I think my mama avoids my calls now...since I ramble so long! smile.gif

I'm at 8 weeks now, and feeling so awful. No vomiting, but I feel nauseas ALL DAY LONG. And I can't stay awake for more than 6 hours. Naps every day--which make me very happy not to have any other children yet! I don't know how you mamas can do it, feeling so yucky for SO LONG, and having to chase babies.

I got a little freaked about a brown discharge over the weekend, but thanks to MDC, I quickly learned it's no problem. Oh how I love to find instant answers to my worries.

And last week, we had a major drama with MIL. We're doing a UP/UC, as long as all is well, and MIL is very loyal to doctors. She's been asking every single day since we told her of the pregnancy if I had gone to a doctor for confirmation yet. She even sent a $500 check for doctors, in case we didn't have the money (what??)! Finally, DH told her I haven't gone and I won't unless there is a problem. Ensue all kinds of panic. My goodness, she freaked! We had lots of passive-agressive (on her part) talks, and she finally got it that she doesn't get an opinion about this. Now she's moved on to worrying about vaccines and pediatricians. The drama never ends....But at least we've learned to lie a little, if it saves the peace and gets us through it.

Also, we're planning to move next spring and start our little homestead, and we've just got news that our former housemates and lovely friends, along with their two young children, might be coming with us! I'm so thrilled to think of raising my children with a dear mama-friend! Fingers crossed it works out!

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#10 of 60 Old 05-11-2011, 11:17 AM

I am soooooo tired of the constant underlying nausea. It's not the horrible sort of vomiting I've had before, it's just a quiet and ongoing ickyness,  That and the inability to stay awake for any length of time have me feeling like a really crummy mom at the moment.  Thank goodness we are 'done' with homeschooling for the year, now we're just doing some laid back experiential stuff to keep things going over the summer. 

I'm having a pity-party today. I needed a quick vent.  I'm caught between rejoicing when I have symptoms and feeling miserable, I can't seem to find a middle ground.  Dear second trimester, please hurry up, I want to feel human again. 

#11 of 60 Old 05-11-2011, 02:24 PM

Insidevoice, I feel very similarly with the constant, underlying nausea.  It's so awful. I wake up in the morning and for about 10 seconds I lie there thinking, wow, I don't feel sick.  And then it starts.  All day, every day.  It's just so awful and has made everything so hard: work, being a good mom, housework.  Ugh.

#12 of 60 Old 05-11-2011, 05:16 PM

I'm with the two of you.  The nausea is relentless.  It seems like most of my day is spent trying to figure out what I can get in my mouth so that I might feel a little better.  

On a good note though, I did have my 9 week ultrasound and heard the heartbeat for the first time today.  The little peanut was wiggling around and had a heartbeat of 184!  It's sort of helping me feel better about what I'm going through.  

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#13 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 05:06 AM

Yay Wendizbaby - so glad you got to hear the heartbeat - it's very reassuring!

AFM, I'm right there with you all and the relentless nausea :( I'm a little sad that since my EDD has been moved by a week that I have that much longer before 2nd trimester and the chances this nausea will GO AWAY! ARGHHHHH

So I've been contemplating ways to tell FB, when we're ready. I'm telling most people I see on a day to day basis, like LLL friends and playgroup mamas, etc... but no one I just email or FB with. So I got this idea from a friend and here's what I did last night - I set up a 'fan page' for my baby, but I haven't published it yet and only myself and my DH are admins and can see it/post on it. I'm planning on posting on it, adding pictures, whatever.. and then when we're ready I'll just publish it or invite people to 'like' it or whatever... how dorky and fun is that?! I'm excited! but I'm so nervous it'll get published by accident! I'm paranoid about that kind of thing though, when I have a personal conversation I hold my cell phone and make sure it's off every 30 seconds! I'm so scared I'll call someone and they'll hear me saying something awful lol.gif

#14 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 05:31 AM

I'm counting down the days until the 31st, which is when I have my first appt with my MW, I'll be 10 weeks, and we should hear a HB. I'm trying to keep hold of THAT thought. "We should hear a heart beat" instead of "what will we do if we don't hear a heartbeat?" Sigh. I'm such a planner, and this waiting period is really hard for me. I want to make some plans, I want to write how many weeks I am in the calendar, all the way up to 40, I want to buy a Pregnancy journal... but I don't want to do that if we're just going to end this one with heartache. So. I wait.

#15 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lega View Post

Hey girls,,,,I was oppening mothering.com and thinking how come we don't one tread just to chat about our daily problems,,,Good to find one!

I will have my next us on 23th and then 1st trimester screening on 31st,,,,I already saw my baby when I was 7 weeks since I got preg w IUI,,,so three US for me it sounds a lot,,,

I got bad cold and I thing now am getting pregnancy alergies,,,not fun at all,,,

Karmamaa yesterday I read that little siblings should be informed later on during the pregnancy because for them is very difficult to understand all this pregnancy thing,,,I think showing US may scare her and give unnecesary questions,,,But its everybody's own choice, I would wait,,,

I have also already had 2 US and I have another one a week from monday. I have taken my 4 year old to all of my appointments, I do not really have someone to watch her. And she has done great. She gets really excited to see the baby on the TV. But she is much older. I will tell you i have always taken her to appointments her whole life though so she is definately used to my OB and all my other doctors. She even goes to the dentist with me while the drill and make loud noises so the VagUS did not bother her. Since the other little girl has never been to an appointment it may upset her, but I don't think it will.

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#16 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 08:40 AM

I am so relieved after my ultrasound this morning, which was ordered after my old midwife thought she found two separate heartbeats, I.e. Twins again.
But no, just one cute little wiggly bean, measuring right on at 9w3d joy.gif
I mean, twins are a blessing for sure, but I've BTDT and man, it was really, really hard sometimes, not to mention that my birth plans would have been way more complicated w/ no insurance and no home birth providers doing twins in my area.

So whew! I'm happy to share my one baby news, and excited to just relax into this pregnancy...

Married to my love, mama to twin boys J&O (6), and expecting # 3 this December!
#17 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaBird View Post

I am so relieved after my ultrasound this morning, which was ordered after my old midwife thought she found two separate heartbeats, I.e. Twins again.
But no, just one cute little wiggly bean, measuring right on at 9w3d joy.gif
I mean, twins are a blessing for sure, but I've BTDT and man, it was really, really hard sometimes, not to mention that my birth plans would have been way more complicated w/ no insurance and no home birth providers doing twins in my area.

So whew! I'm happy to share my one baby news, and excited to just relax into this pregnancy...

Yay! That's great news! Congrats!!

Ummmm.... so I'm feeling really guilty - I have AWFUL M/S today and I'm watching another little boy (4yo) and I feel like the worst babysitter, I'm letting the boys (the 4yo and my 2yo DS) totally wreck the house, and now they're watching their 2nd episode of Dora  bag.gif  I'm counting down the minutes until naptime. for all of us! 

#18 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carhootel View Post

Yay! That's great news! Congrats!!

Ummmm.... so I'm feeling really guilty - I have AWFUL M/S today and I'm watching another little boy (4yo) and I feel like the worst babysitter, I'm letting the boys (the 4yo and my 2yo DS) totally wreck the house, and now they're watching their 2nd episode of Dora  bag.gif  I'm counting down the minutes until naptime. for all of us! 

My little ones are sleeping and my nine year old (we homeschool- though we are technically done for the year) is watching Monty Python.  I'm only awake right now because I ate the same breakfast i gave them and I feel too nauseous to lie down.  I keep waiting to climb out of the sleepy/queasy lazy-mom funk.  Guilt indeed. 

#19 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 10:36 AM

Hi,,,am still fighting the cold or what it is,,,now my nose got so congested I cant breath true one side. When this all will end?? I never had family doc and now try to find one,,,called several places and they either don't take new patiens or have openings for July,,,

I probably will have DH family come over next week for his birthday party,,,I don't have big bump or any other symptoms yet but old good aunties eye may notice something,,,I guess I will go with the flow since we would like keep it quite till 12 weeks....Now I try to find out how to surprise my own family who is far away,,,thinking get them all together and do skype session maybe?I would like to tell everyone in person but it maybe difficult...

,,,it was worth to wait for two years,,,
#20 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 12:18 PM

think I might be feeling better.  Maybe.  Don't want to jinx it, but the last few days have been better.  There IS a light at the end of the tunnel!!  jumpers.gif

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#21 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 12:26 PM

Ha! I've been telling everyone, and I'm only not-yet seven weeks. I CANNOT hide this green shade in the morning. I haven't been puking either, but just feeling bad and sooooo tired. I'm a nurse and work 12 hr shifts....the last 2 days were awful, so glad I'm staring down the nose of 4 days off. We are having my youngest daughters 2nd birthday party this weekend and I need to clean and go to the store, but haven't. Other than that, I'm hoping to just chill for this weekend. We see a midwife next tuesday, I think it's just an interview and hope that I like her, she's my closest option. My old midwife moved and is living about 2 hrs away, so too far for my liking for a december birth.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#22 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendizbaby View Post

think I might be feeling better.  Maybe.  Don't want to jinx it, but the last few days have been better.  There IS a light at the end of the tunnel!!  jumpers.gif

That's encouraging! I forget what it's like to feel good :( squeezed lime in water is helping today.... I think I might call my midwives and ask for something to help, I am just sinking

#23 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 01:05 PM

My Mother's Day gift from DH and the kids arrived today (there had been a shipping delay) so I have a whole BUNCH of chocolates.  

These http://www.purdys.com/Himalayan-Pink-Salt-Caramels-P406.aspx may be the best craving cure ever.   Sadly, I'm afraid to eat more than a nibble of chocolate as I fear it will make me sick.  

#24 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 03:06 PM

Those caramels are so pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahtar View Post

I'm counting down the days until the 31st, which is when I have my first appt with my MW, I'll be 10 weeks, and we should hear a HB. I'm trying to keep hold of THAT thought. "We should hear a heart beat" instead of "what will we do if we don't hear a heartbeat?" Sigh. I'm such a planner, and this waiting period is really hard for me. I want to make some plans, I want to write how many weeks I am in the calendar, all the way up to 40, I want to buy a Pregnancy journal... but I don't want to do that if we're just going to end this one with heartache. So. I wait.

I hear you on the waiting.  I so want to fill out my calendar, too.  Luckily, I have my 8-week appointment next Tuesday, so it's getting closer, and if all goes well then, I'll be able to fill it in, but it's so hard to wait.

#25 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 PM

Ummmm... \i just tried to post, and there was a popup spam box IN my reply box. So weird... 

Anyways... I officially told my first person today. DH told one of his friends last week (he needed someone who had btdt, since he's having trouble adjusting to me being pretty much a useless bump on the log... lol), but I hadn't told anyone. Anyways, I told my boss at work. We were trying to hold off, but A/ I work part time midnights right now, because they've been very slow with training the next in seniority to take over from me... and it's starting to kill me. I needed to push her to get me off of them And B/ I'm totally growing out of my uniform. 

I posed it simply as a uniform problem, but I know she'll likely speed up the training process now. But yes, literally, I wear a suit for work (provided by them), and I have the option of pants, or a skirt. I've completely outgrown my pants, and the skirt is going soon. I didn't know if they had maternity uniforms to order, or if I would be finding my own, but when I ordered my original uniform, it tooks weeks and weeks to get it in, so I wanted to be able to order one soon if needed. 

But, good news is that she said once I tell people, I can wear black pants, and just any white dress shirt on top. Yay!  

I'm ignoring the fact that I totally started tearing up while telling her and she was like "oh, what's wrong hun!" and I was blubbering on going "no, it's ok, I don't know why I'm crying. I honestly don't know why I'm crying!" It was a bit mortifying. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#26 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 06:00 PM

Hi all, so happy to hear all of your stories and about your great Dr. appointments. I am not scheduled to see a midwife again until 12 and a half weeks. I went at 6 weeks and had an ultrasound and saw the heartbeat but now that seems like forever ago. I still have no idea what I am going to do for maternity care and that is stressful. The midwife I saw at 6 weeks delivers at a hospital and was not on the same page as me at all, so I am trying to switch to a birth center with midwives who are more in line with my idea of a gentle peaceful birth but my insurance doesn't cover it so I may have to switch again. Am I being ridiculous to hope I can convince insurance to make an exception and potentially waiting till 20 weeks before I know who will actually be there to help deliver the baby? It is stressful. Anyway I have been emotional and still having some m/s issues. The only person who isn't annoying is my 2 year old daughter who I just love more by the second. She is the best, and I just hope my heart will feel this way about baby 2 (little E, as we have named him or her).

#27 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 06:31 PM

I am enjoying this chat thread.

I am 7 weeks, 2 days and the nausea is absolutely TERRIBLE! I feel like I have been pregnant for ages, LOL! I was not sick like this with my three girl pregnancies, but WAS with my son, so I am hoping this new little one will also be a boy. It would be great fun for our little guy to have a brother. I am feeling like this may be the last babe for us. We will not discuss or do anything permanent for quite some time, but I am TIRED and totally feel like I fail at my job as wife, mama, house manager, etc. when I am expecting a baby. I know things will turn around during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. I have healthy pregnancies and easy deliveries, thank God. I just have so much to be thankful for that I hate to whine and complain. ;)

We are telling friends and people we know who will support us. We are NOT telling my parents of hubby's family for a while. My mom and dad have already let me know that they are not supportive of another baby. They really have a problem with my hubby being a visionary guy who does does work a typical 9-5 job. They also said something to the effect of "what if you have another baby and its not perfect" and "I guarantee you, if you have one more baby, one of the older ones WILL suffer."

I feel sad that they are so concerned about us. We are happy, healthy, hubby has always provided for us, etc. My parents don't babysit, give us money, etc. so I really don't understand what their problem is. 

Wow, guess I needed to get that off my chest, LOL!

I will have another ultrasound a week from today, excited to see heartbeat! And hoping to feel better by 10 weeks like last time.

#28 of 60 Old 05-12-2011, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Amanda, how incredibly sad that your parents feel that way! It seems so unjust! You have my total sympathies. Wow.

Jeninejessica, I giggled a bit at your emotionalism. So typically pregnant, huh? Dh and I just finished watching all 8 seasons of The West Wing, and I was weeping in the finale. The West Wing, of all things: least emotional show ever.

I'm getting a little jealous of you all, hearing heartbeats and having ultrasounds, while here I am with my trust and waiting and believing that I really AM pregnant. My belly's actually growing a person, not just fat, right? Maybe I just have the craziest stomach bug ever. Ok, really, come on! Two positive tests are evidence, even if everything my body's doing isn't! And I've made it to 9 weeks (hooray!), so I'm starting to feel pretty good about the chances of actually birthing a baby this year. I'm thinking this pregnancy will be about learning to trust more deeply in my own body's messages.

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#29 of 60 Old 05-13-2011, 05:31 AM

jeninejessica- I had to laugh too, only because I cry all.the.time normally, so my coworkers are like "huh, mo's crying, again." LOL.

I'm really jealous of everyone having ultrasounds too, I don't know why, but it doesn't quite feel real yet...and I can't wait for an u/s or to hear a HB. My lasnd not preg I was perfectly fine not having an u/s and now I'm very anxious about it.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#30 of 60 Old 05-13-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadehhast View Post

I'm getting a little jealous of you all, hearing heartbeats and having ultrasounds, while here I am with my trust and waiting and believing that I really AM pregnant. My belly's actually growing a person, not just fat, right? Maybe I just have the craziest stomach bug ever.

I am right there with you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page