What are You Eating and How Much Weight have You Gained? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 06-18-2011, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Williams View Post

I am still nursing our 22 month old. Doesn't oatmeal help with milk supply?

His diapers have seemed pretty breastmilky, I wonder if my body is craving the oats to keep the milk...

Yes I've heard that.  Your body must just know!

#32 of 35 Old 06-18-2011, 10:02 AM

I'm hungry often, and am finding a happy snacking spot with fruit. I'm eating a LOT of fruit, lol... 4-6 pieces of fruit a day is becoming very normal. DH is shocked at how fast we can go through "a week's worth" (our usual purchase) of fruit. (Uhm... usually in about 3 days.) Am also enjoying salads, sunflower seeds, cheese, hummus, and some of the sweeter veg (red bell peppers, carrots, etc). 

If I'm not getting my daily dose of fruit I start to eye fruit-flavored candy. Skittles, Starbursts, even Sour Patch Kids watermelons start to look like The Best Thing Ever Made. I don't generally eat candy, so it's unusual my sweet tooth is coming in so strongly. Everybody tells me this means I'm having a girl. I kind of already thought I was. xD

I'm at 15.5 weeks now and +5lbs from preconception weight. I had some weight flux at the beginning though (put on 5lbs fast, then they came right back off fast), so I'm not sure if this weight is here to stay. I feel HUGE for +5lbs, though. I am getting a definite belly already. O.o

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#33 of 35 Old 06-20-2011, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It is so interesting to see how all over the map we all are. I have been MIA here, because my first trimester was spent hanging over the toilet bowl with hyperemesis. This is my first pregnancy. I started out at the highest I've ever been, 145lbs. I dropped down to 131 and then got on Zofran. Continued to be able to keep very little down but got my weight up to 138. I've been doing a bunch of fluctuating, but my intake has much improved now that I'm at 15weeks. I'm still on the Zofran, and my weight bounces between 135-138 for the past week. I weigh myself daily and keep track just to keep stock of it all. I'm also charting my food intake on a handy dandy smartphone app from Sparkpeople (free). It really helped give me a visual goal of for calories and protein intake day by day.

What I'm eating: Yogurt! Couldn't get enough early on, feeling a bit burnt out on it now. Raspberries as first choice, all other fruit follows. Boathouse farms vanilla chai protein drink, Annie's mac and cheese, prepared with yogurt instead of milk (my love has gone luke warm on this for sure). Chickpeas, fish at least 3x a week (otherwise vegetarian and having a hard time with my normal proteins). Oyster crackers, apples and cheddar, LOVED some homemade mashed potatos cut with turnips and sour cream (might go make that for lunch now that I'm thinking of it.) Almonds, dried apricots. When I find foods I can eat that seem to have nutritional bang for the effort I stick with em right now. I'm a little bored with eating to say the least.

#34 of 35 Old 06-20-2011, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterna View Post

I'm hungry often, and am finding a happy snacking spot with fruit. I'm eating a LOT of fruit, lol... 4-6 pieces of fruit a day is becoming very normal. DH is shocked at how fast we can go through "a week's worth" (our usual purchase) of fruit. (Uhm... usually in about 3 days.) Am also enjoying salads, sunflower seeds, cheese, hummus, and some of the sweeter veg (red bell peppers, carrots, etc). 

If I'm not getting my daily dose of fruit I start to eye fruit-flavored candy. Skittles, Starbursts, even Sour Patch Kids watermelons start to look like The Best Thing Ever Made. I don't generally eat candy, so it's unusual my sweet tooth is coming in so strongly. Everybody tells me this means I'm having a girl. I kind of already thought I was. xD

I'm at 15.5 weeks now and +5lbs from preconception weight. I had some weight flux at the beginning though (put on 5lbs fast, then they came right back off fast), so I'm not sure if this weight is here to stay. I feel HUGE for +5lbs, though. I am getting a definite belly already. O.o

Huh.  I'm a total fruit nut right now too and have a generally increased sweet tooth, I never usually want candy or baked goods, and now I could eat a little every day.  We have 2 boxes of those Dreyer's fruit pops in the fridge at all times.  Between those and the fruit, I haven't really been craving the things that are a little worse for me, but I had 2 pieces of fruit tart at a friend's house the other night and it was seriously the best thing ever.  I hadn't heard about the sweet tooth-girl thing, but I've been suspecting a girl too ...

I'm at 13 weeks and no weight gain.  Well, as of a week ago.  Some days I feel bloated, but it hasn't translated into a bump or any weight.  BUT I can feel my uterus so I know something's going on in there!

#35 of 35 Old 06-21-2011, 12:59 PM

I had my second, almost 14-week prenatal appointment today and I'm up 6 pounds since my visit at 10 weeks.  So the nausea and random vomiting and migraines have not affected my weight gain in the slightest.  The midwives said that it was a normal weight gain, but it seems like a lot to me.  I'm a little nervous because I was at least 10 lb heavier at the outset of this pregnancy than I have been in past pregnancies.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page