What are You Eating and How Much Weight have You Gained? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 06-10-2011, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I eat A LOT and gain a lot with every pregnancy. I also pretty much have the same "cravings" every time.

I eat eggs with an English muffin every day. I have a turkey sandwich almost every day. And I really love cheeseburgers! I have been trying to get in green smoothies, but my stomach gets upset when I drink one...

I am 169 lbs. at 11 weeks. My "happy" weight is 160 and I think I was about 162 when we conceived. 

#2 of 35 Old 06-10-2011, 09:33 AM

This pregnancy is totally different for me then my last one.  I puked every day and barely ate the first trimester, so I lost 3 pounds.  I took Zofran this time and even though I didn't puke once, the nausea was still very strong.  So I ate.  Every.single.second.of.the.day or else I felt way worse.  I actually am tired of eating for the first time in my life.  So far, I've gained 13 pounds.  I'm going to try to keep from gaining too much in my 2nd trimester to balance it out.

I have a little routine now with what I eat just to be safe.  I cannot eat any meat and I really need protein or else I don't feel full.  I also cannot eat anything too sweet or else I feel sick.  So, I eat a veggie sausage on half of an english muffin with cheese in the morning.  I also drink some green tea to try to wake myself up a bit.  I snack on something salty like pretzels and cheese or veggie chips about an hour after that.  For lunch I usually have a half of a cheese sandwich with fruit or veggies or pasta (I make up a big thing of spaghetti and just add sauce to it for lunch).  After that I usually snack again on something salty, I'll also have a balance bar sometime after that.  More salty snacks and then the hubs comes home and makes dinner.  Whatever he makes, I have the vegetarian version of it.  Last night was a bean burrito with corn.  Then it's usually another cheese sandwich after that and then a bowl of cereal before I go to sleep.  That's it....every day!  :)  Can't wait until I'm not so likely to get sick so that I can branch out a bit.  

Oh...I started at about 127lbs and am now 140.  

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#3 of 35 Old 06-10-2011, 04:05 PM

You read my mind! I was thinking about this last night, and going to post and ask. 

I started out the pregnancy around 117, but with a healthy couple inches of fat ontop of my belly. 

I was super sick from weeks 6-12, so I didn't eat as much as I thought I normally would have, but what I did eat was mostly carb filled and and calorie laden (think french fries, potato chips, toast, etc). 

Since feeling better I've returned to my normal eating habits, and just eating basically whatever I wanted. Today for instance I had a few ginger cookies, cranberry juice, 3/4 of a bagel with peanut butter, several handfuls of fresh fruit (kiwi, pineapple, raspberries, strawberries), and a few pieces of smoked salmon. Then I drank a bottle of water, and shortly after headed for lunch (oh yes, this was before lunch) where I had fried rice, peas, one dainty sandwich, and some weird wild rice and chicken 'balls' things. Since getting home I've had a "mini nestle crunch pop" (ice cream), and a turkey, lettuce and cheese sandwich. 

Now... I've eaten some more exciting things today than I normally do, but it's typical for me to snack all day long, and grab whatever I feel like eating. 

And I'm 15 weeks, and I've only gained... maybe 4lbs. I'm so confused. My belly looks huge-- so much bigger than 4lbs. 

What is going on with my body!?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#4 of 35 Old 06-10-2011, 05:14 PM

I've lost around 2 lbs. I started out at 212, gained 5-6, and now am 210... so total loss of 210. I've just felt SO yuck and been sick, so I can see why. I try to eat, but it's just blah. But I'm not worried, the baby will get what the baby needs.

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#5 of 35 Old 06-12-2011, 05:14 AM

I've gain about 4 pounds...usually I gain about 10 during the first trimester, so I am feeling hopeful - of course, I may have gained less because I started MUCH heavier this time. I started about 184 and I was almost 188 at my visit last week. I weighed 196 BEFORE I gave birth to DS1, so I really do not want to gain much this time! I'll be happy if I get back down to around 150 after this one..I am going to be working super hard though because my best friend's wedding is in June, and I want to look good lol, plus I wanted to start doing (sprint) triathlons this year, so maybe I will get to start next year...

Just as long as I don't gain 50 or 60 I will be happy! LOL!

ETA- I am eating plenty, whatever is appealing and trying to keep it healthy now that I am feeling somwhat better...I'll be 14 weeks on Wednesday.

#6 of 35 Old 06-12-2011, 08:11 AM

I've gained a pound so far, I'm 12 weeks. Last pregnancy I gained 50 total but I'm starting out this on 6lbs lighter. smile.gif
#7 of 35 Old 06-12-2011, 09:50 AM

I've lost 23 lbs.  I'll probably continue to lose throughout most of the pregnancy- it's just what I do.  My metabolism works really well when I am pregnant, then slows down when I am nursing.   I tend to deliver about 40 lbs lighter than when I started the pregnancy.  

#8 of 35 Old 06-12-2011, 05:44 PM

I've gained about 4 lbs too. I started out this pregnancy on weight watchers after just having lost 20lbs that way. Grrrrr.....so when I can, I've still been trying to do the lots of fruits and veggies, and no calorie drinks. I gained like 15 lbs. in my other first trimesters, and if I can keep my weight under 200lbs for this pregnancy, I would be extremely happy! I started out at 170.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#9 of 35 Old 06-12-2011, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
During the sicky times, I could pretty much only eat cheese and saltine crackers. And anything else had to be grain-based to calm the tummy. But now that's mostly passed (which is good, because I'm so sick of cheese!), and, though lots of vegetables without grains is still difficult, I'm eating a mostly healthy diet. Before I was pregnant, I ate meat maybe a few times a month, but now I'm eating it a few times a week. Yum.

Anyway, I've gained about 10 pounds, at 13 weeks. I started about 120, with a healthy layer of winter plumpness. I feel like, aside from my belly, the rest of my body is the same, but my breasts are so much larger. I just brought a bra yesterday and had to go up two cup sizes and a band size! So I'm thinking that's where a lot of the weight has gone. I'm hoping that, if I eat about the same as I am now for the next few months, the winter plumpness can feed Little Do and and I won't gain much this trimester, but I'm not worried if that doesn't happen.

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#10 of 35 Old 06-12-2011, 07:08 PM

I'm still a little queasy and down 2 lbs. I'm overweight anyway though, not real worried about it. The whole not drinking beer thing has left a bit of a calorie deficit for me!

Mother to one wonderful 5 year old son and another on the way, caretaker of dogs, cats, chickens and worms. EDD 12/11/2011

#11 of 35 Old 06-12-2011, 10:52 PM

I gained back 2 pounds over the last week, so now I'm only down 14 pounds from where I started.

I have so many aversions with this pregnancy... Sweets make me vomit, eggs make me queasy, any sort of bread gives me headaches. I'm eating a lot of berries, peas, romaine and spinach salads, nuts, chicken, pork chops, cheese, and yogurt. And TONS of juice. Any kind, doesn't matter, I want it.

My older kids begged me for McDonald's tonight, so I caved. I had some chicken nuggets and french fries, and got that lovely pukey feeling. So I'm thinking grease is not my friend right now, either.

This leads me to believe, though, that I am having another girl. With my boys, all I wanted was carbs and junk. Doritoes was a perfectly acceptable breakfast for me. With DD, though, I wanted good foods. We'll see!

Natalie- Mom to DS1 (8/03), DS2 (9/04), DS3 (10/06), DD (10/10) and belly.gifwith baby #5 (12/11).

#12 of 35 Old 06-12-2011, 11:02 PM

15 lbs - I gained 15 pounds from week 4 to week 7. This is my fourth, my body is playing the "oh I know what to do!" game with me. I was in tears one night at 4 weeks from hips expanding. So weird.

I'm eating the same as normal

#13 of 35 Old 06-13-2011, 06:49 AM

Well, I had originally lost 6-7 lbs during the 1st trimester when I was crazy sick, I just weighed in at 1 lb over my start weight, so either 1 lb, or 7 depending on how you look at it, lol.

#14 of 35 Old 06-13-2011, 08:13 AM

I'm almost 13 weeks and have gained about 5.  My weight gain has really leveled off in the last couple weeks since I've started monitoring my carb/protein intake to control my bg levels.  I even lost a few pounds, but I think most of that was just bloat.  So, the net gain in the first trimester is about 5.

I didn't realize that I started this pregnancy about 10 pounds lighter than the last, but looking back I see that I did.  Makes sense because I was exercising to lose weight before I found out I was pregnant and had lost about 10 lbs since January.  I was still well over my ideal weight, though, at the start of this pregnancy so hope to maintain a moderate weight gain with this pregnancy.  I have gestational diabetes, too, so that's a very compelling reason for me to monitor what I eat and my weight gain carefully.

#15 of 35 Old 06-13-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadehhast View Post

Anyway, I've gained about 10 pounds, at 13 weeks. I started about 120, with a healthy layer of winter plumpness. I feel like, aside from my belly, the rest of my body is the same, but my breasts are so much larger. I just brought a bra yesterday and had to go up two cup sizes and a band size! So I'm thinking that's where a lot of the weight has gone. I'm hoping that, if I eat about the same as I am now for the next few months, the winter plumpness can feed Little Do and and I won't gain much this trimester, but I'm not worried if that doesn't happen.

Yeah, I've noticed my breasts getting bigger, but this morning was the first time I put a bra on and went oh... I can totally see nipple still. I guess it's time to go shopping. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#16 of 35 Old 06-13-2011, 07:40 PM

mmmm food...

I lost a pound or two in the first trimester, and now at 16 weeks I've gained 1.5 lbs total. I got my appetite back at around 13ish weeks but I've really just been craving mainly healthy foods (unlike last time where it was not so much) so that helps. I like soups and salads, and actually found my weird pregnancy food fetish this time around is dairy and orange juice, so cheese and crackers and cereal with extra cold whole milk please.

Breakfast is cereal, snacks of fruit, lots of nuts and for lunch, lots of beans and dairy (so mexican is in...but hold the hot sauce...which is strange I normally like an inferno but now my palate has acquired a much milder taste).

For dinner I have been sticking to mainly meat and heavy vegetables, big complicated salads for example. The occasional sweet tooth as well.

I've been running and working out though but heavy cardio is starting to feel a little "blah" at this stage of the game so I feel like I'll cut back a little in the next few weeks, and probably gain quite a bit more.

Me and DH and DD (2) and expecting #2 11/27!!!!! thumb.gif
#17 of 35 Old 06-13-2011, 08:10 PM

I am eating constantly it seems.  I am trying to eat protein every 2 hours with an aim of around 150g a day (I am having twins) but I'm having trouble getting above 140g.  So far I have gained 8 lbs at 14 wks and I am measuring around 20 wks.  I eat a lot of eggs, greek yogurt, cheese and spinach and I try to eat a bean dish and a  meat at least once a day.  I've also been supplementing with a fruit/protein shake.  I carry nuts and cheese as snacks at work.  To be honest I am already sick of eating.  And I miss beer wine and sushi.  Also I miss working out - I am so tired after I go to gym that I have cut down significantly over the past 2 weeks.  I think I am going to add back some yoga and swimming.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#18 of 35 Old 06-14-2011, 07:42 AM

dsb, I can only imagine how sick you are of eating!  I'm eating 6 small meals/snacks a day and planning (and eating) them gets so tiresome.  Have you thought about adding in a protein bar to get that extra bit of protein in?  I know they're not always the healthiest / most natural choices, but it might help you get that extra 10g or so in.

#19 of 35 Old 06-14-2011, 09:24 AM

Oh DSB76, i went through tha when i had twins six years ago- it was really hard! And i was a vegetarian at the time. Man, i was so sick of eggs by the end.
Anyways, hang in there, you're doing such good for your babies.

I'v gained about 11 pounds and i'm 14 weeks. A lot of it i added right at the beginning- i was up 8 pounds by the 8th week. It all looks like alot on paper (and on my super pregnant looking belly and boobs), but my diet has hardly changed. I'm finding it hard to "fit in" eating as much as i think i should. I was hoping my honey, who's a really good cook, would hop on the feeding me job, but i doesn't look like that's really happening. Oh well. This ones on me.

Married to my love, mama to twin boys J&O (6), and expecting # 3 this December!
#20 of 35 Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 PM

Like with my last pregnancy, I can't handle eggs. They're tasty... it's the smell and the thought of cooking them. This time, I don't want bacon, steak, or really any meat at all, which is odd because I've always been a steak-a-holic, particularly during pregnancy. I am eating a lot of popcorn. And cereal. And smoothies into which I stuff protein and greens. Salad is going down pretty well. And pizza. Holy moly, pizza. It's the only thing that sounds good for dinner.

I haven't weighed myself, but I'd be surprised if I've gained anything.
#21 of 35 Old 06-14-2011, 05:37 PM

My usual weight is 160, but thanks to IVF and months of hormones i started this pregnancy at 165. at 13 weeks I was 168 according to the scale at the gym. I am eating like I always do--whole grains, lots of fresh veggies, mostly vegetarian with fish once or twice a week, Thai food. And fruit. Lots of fruit. Can't get enough fruit!  I have always had a serious sweet tooth but find I'm a little more motivated to eat healthy these days. And I'm a 6 or 7-day-a-week gym person. 

#22 of 35 Old 06-14-2011, 06:49 PM

I'm up to 9 pounds at 15 weeks despite being pretty sick until a couple weeks ago.  I was at 10 pounds at 10 weeks, but hopped on the scale today and was really surprised to see the drop.  I am guessing it is because I stopped the progesterone suppositories last week and I think they were causing me to bloat.  I pack on the pounds when I'm pregnant and don't care.  I just cut up and ate a 12 oz steak with 5 tortillas for carne asada, had a whole frozen pizza for lunch, and am making strawberry shortcake with icecream for my before bedtime snack.  I love this part of pregnancy and since it is the only part I enjoy, I'm embracing it! 

BennyPai likes this.
#23 of 35 Old 06-14-2011, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

I'm up to 9 pounds at 15 weeks despite being pretty sick until a couple weeks ago.  I was at 10 pounds at 10 weeks, but hopped on the scale today and was really surprised to see the drop.  I am guessing it is because I stopped the progesterone suppositories last week and I think they were causing me to bloat.  I pack on the pounds when I'm pregnant and don't care.  I just cut up and ate a 12 oz steak with 5 tortillas for carne asada, had a whole frozen pizza for lunch, and am making strawberry shortcake with icecream for my before bedtime snack.  I love this part of pregnancy and since it is the only part I enjoy, I'm embracing it! 

GO girl!! 

Yum, carne asada!!

I am having two packets of instant apple cinnamon oatmeal with a cup of 4% cottage cheese tonight. This has tasted good for about 2 weeks. 

#24 of 35 Old 06-15-2011, 02:10 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I am eating everything!  I am soooooo hungry.  I am in tears I get so hungry.  

I like eggs and tortillas, cheese, salsa, grilled chicken, mountains of veggies, fruit, toast, nut butter, ham sandwiches, anything with fresh tomatoes, and hot sauce on everything.  

The only thing I can't stand is sweets.  Gack.  Sweets make me gag. 

I don't have a scale.  I know I have gained a couple of pounds, because my belly and boobs are bigger.  I can still put on my jeans, but can't button them anymore, so all the weight gain is baby belly so far.  

But really, the hunger is out of control.  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#25 of 35 Old 06-15-2011, 10:48 AM

I usually gain fast, but not yet.  I am only about 12.5 weeks, though.  I have had the worst m/s I've ever experienced, so I am down now from 103 to 99.   My stomach is getting bigger, though.

I am feeling a little better now after a very bad morning-- maybe the end is near.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#26 of 35 Old 06-15-2011, 11:05 AM

With my first pregnancy I don't know when I gained specifically, but the total was around 28 lbs. The last pregnancy I lost the baby in the second trimester, but I lost a total of 9 lbs during that pregnancy. I will be 16w tomorrow with this pregnancy and I weigh exactly what I did when I got pregnant. The scale hasn't budged either way the whole time. I haven't been really sick and have been eating fairly normal, so everything looks good so far. The funny thing is my belly already looks huge, so I'm surprised I haven't gained anything.

#27 of 35 Old 06-15-2011, 11:33 AM

I am constantly hungry.  I need to snack regularly to avoid getting sick, and I can't always do that depending on my schedule so I have gotten sick some.

Confession:  I have no idea what I weighed pre-pregnancy, as I hadn't weighed myself since autumn.Sheepish.gif  At my first prenatal visit I weighed about 167lb.  A month has almost passed because my next visit is on Tuesday 6/21.  So we'll see what my weight gain rate is ...

I gained about 35 lb during my first three pregnancies.  With #2, my morning sickness caused a 6lb weight loss during the first trimester and grief caused another 4lb loss during the final weeks so I ended up 25lb over my pre-pregnancy weight. 

Here is something I found comforting:  even though I lost ten pounds during my first and third trimesters, my 10lb 2oz healthy baby girl got everything she needed.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#28 of 35 Old 06-17-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Williams View Post

GO girl!! 

Yum, carne asada!!

I am having two packets of instant apple cinnamon oatmeal with a cup of 4% cottage cheese tonight. This has tasted good for about 2 weeks. 

Thanks!  So good!  Oatmeal sounds good too :)

#29 of 35 Old 06-17-2011, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

I am still nursing our 22 month old. Doesn't oatmeal help with milk supply?

His diapers have seemed pretty breastmilky, I wonder if my body is craving the oats to keep the milk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Thanks!  So good!  Oatmeal sounds good too :)

#30 of 35 Old 06-18-2011, 06:29 AM

Oatmeal does help with supply.  I've always craved it post-birth.  That might be a yummy "second breakfast" ...

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page