gender intuition yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 06-11-2011, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

when i was pg with my daughter, at 11.5 weeks i just suddenly knew she was a girl, and the name "Willow" popped into my head. we didn't have confirmation until 20 weeks! but i'd already bought some girly stuff, i was just so sure. her middle names honor her grandmothers.

with this bean, i'm not as connected, but my intuition is leaning towards boy. if my daughter had been a boy, the name would be Phoenix Edan Osborne. so if i have a boy, i've already got the name. Edan Osborne means "fiery warrior" and Phoenix is well, a phoenix. double fire? i wonder what Chinese astrologers would make of that!

what's your intuition?

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

#2 of 20 Old 06-11-2011, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

With my #2, the name Oliver popped into my head right before he was conceived, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. This time, the name Iris popped into my head, and that's what I've been calling this baby since I found out. So, I am guessing girl with this one. I could only commit to boys names last 2 times, and a girl name this time, so I'm hoping that's a sign!

I love the names Willow and Phoenix, by the way.

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#3 of 20 Old 06-11-2011, 04:27 PM

When I refer to the baby, I mostly refer to it as "he", with an occassional she thrown in. But when I picture having the baby here, most of the time it's a girl. 

I wish I had a strong feeling either way... 20 week ultrasound feels forever away!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#4 of 20 Old 06-12-2011, 02:22 PM

This is my first baby, and so far I feel as though it is a boy.  We would be hapy with either, but I just get this overwhelming feeling it is a boy.  I already have some boy stuff, and we got them by coincidence.  We have a name picked out for a boy that we both absolutely love, and we both thought of the first name separately and then realized that we were thinking the exact same thing!  The middle name popped in my head and he loved it.  Not to mention we have had non-stop dreams of having a boy.  If it is in fact a boy we will be naming him Aydon Gabriel.  I can't wait to find out, not only that but my midwife thinks there might be twins, which could be why I get a tiny feeling that it could be a girl too.  We shall just have to wait and see!

I am a college student studying Elementary Education, and my DH and I are expecting our first child with a planned waterbirth 12/10/2011.waterbirth.jpg belly.gif

#5 of 20 Old 06-12-2011, 04:48 PM

I'm guessing boy. Probably because I have two boys wink1.gif

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#6 of 20 Old 06-12-2011, 10:54 PM

I'm thinking girl, but I am also still thinking twins.

We had an u/s scheduled, but had to cancel because my partner couldn't get the time off work. So now we probably won't get the chance to have another one until 20 weeks. Being patient is hard!

Natalie- Mom to DS1 (8/03), DS2 (9/04), DS3 (10/06), DD (10/10) and belly.gifwith baby #5 (12/11).

#7 of 20 Old 06-16-2011, 11:41 AM

I've been having boy vibes from the start, but I don't trust myself... I was wrong with my first two and second-guessing myself with my daughter (had girl vibes up until the 20-week ultrasound, then starting thinking the baby looked more like a boy). We didn't find out the sex of any until birth and don't plan to find out with this baby, too.

However, my oldest daughter told me repeatedly when I was pregnant the last time that she was going to get a baby sister, and she was right! This time around she's insisting that there's a baby brother in my tummy, so maybe she'll be two for two.

JoAnna

DH Collin

DD Elanor (8), DS William (5), DD Violet (3), DS Gabriel (1), DS Peter (born Oct. '13)

Noel (12/06) and Christian (03/09), always in my heart

#8 of 20 Old 06-16-2011, 02:10 PM

I had dreams about DD when I was pregnant with her and they were almost 100% accurate. I always dreamed I had a little girl and I dreamed that she had reddish hair and that it would be a little bit wavy. Lo and behold, we have a little girl with auburn hair(like daddy) and it's a little bit wavy/curly(also like daddy). I've only had one dream about having a baby so far this pregnancy but it was so ludicrous that I'm not even counting it. I dreamed that I went into labor and went to the hospital and gave birth without a doctor present(of course it didn't hurt and I was smiling the whole time). I had a baby girl and when they weighed her she weighed like 12 lbs. or something! I know it can happen but considering the fact that DD was 7 lbs. 10 oz at birth, I'm pretty sure I'm not likely to have a 12 lb. newborn. All that being said, I think this one is a boy. I don't know why, but even before we started TTC DH and I have both just felt like we'll be having a boy this time. I've even already started referring to the baby as "him". People keep asking if we know the gender and I just say we don't for sure, but I just think it's a boy.

Wife to DH stillheart.gif 08/09 and SAHM to DD 09/08 and DS 11/11

Surprise! Expecting #3 Nov. 2013!
***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36 yikes2.gif **40

#9 of 20 Old 06-16-2011, 05:29 PM

I have zero intuition, but I THINK it is a girl.  Based on timing, I think only a girl could have survived so long (sort of a miracle I got pregnant).  Plus, it would REALLY annoy my MIL if we had "another" girl (we have 4 kids-- all girls).  That alone is a good enough reason to have a girl, right? 

My ms is horrible, horrible . . .worst I have had, and while this is no sure sign, some study was done saying (for women hospitalized) more were having girls w/worse ms.  My friends who have had both b/g say their ms is always worse with girls, but some on MDC say the opposite.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#10 of 20 Old 06-18-2011, 10:18 AM

I'm pretty convinced we're having a girl, for no good reason whatsoever. But for some reason (as much as I would love a little boy), it really irritates me when people say "You're having a boy" or refer to baby with male pronouns. I want to correct them - SHE'S NOT A BOY! But of course I have only my own feeling on the matter to go by, so I'm keeping quiet for now.

4 more weeks for the US to verify! -.-

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#11 of 20 Old 06-18-2011, 03:45 PM

Heh, I had people tell me with my 1st that she was a boy even on the day she was born.  Even when she came out, the doctor asked if we wanted a circumcision done!  I was like, Whu???  Thought it was a GIRL?  (And no way anyway!)

That was the 1st and last time I had an OB.  And the only time I ever hemmoraged afterward.  She had one job to do . . .finish getting my placenta out and she could not even do that.  (She only showed up when I was almost done pushing the baby out.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterna View Post

I'm pretty convinced we're having a girl, for no good reason whatsoever. But for some reason (as much as I would love a little boy), it really irritates me when people say "You're having a boy" or refer to baby with male pronouns. I want to correct them - SHE'S NOT A BOY! But of course I have only my own feeling on the matter to go by, so I'm keeping quiet for now.

4 more weeks for the US to verify! -.-

#12 of 20 Old 06-20-2011, 09:25 AM

I've noticed kids tend to be very intuitive to those kinds of things.  I, myself, told my mother every single time when she was going to go into labor.  I am the oldest of five children.  We also knew the sex before the ultrasound, it was just a gut feeling my sister and I had with all of them. 

I am a college student studying Elementary Education, and my DH and I are expecting our first child with a planned waterbirth 12/10/2011.waterbirth.jpg belly.gif

#13 of 20 Old 06-20-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymama3450 View Post

I've noticed kids tend to be very intuitive to those kinds of things.  I, myself, told my mother every single time when she was going to go into labor.  I am the oldest of five children.  We also knew the sex before the ultrasound, it was just a gut feeling my sister and I had with all of them. 

Ack!  I hope my kids aren't...all three of them insist I'm having a boy AND a girl, lol.  Just in the last week or so, I find myself feeling like it's a girl, but then when I window shop or browse names I'm drawn to the little boy stuff.  So I guess I'm just as confused as my kids :)

#14 of 20 Old 07-13-2011, 05:08 PM

Well, I really WANT a girl...does that count? :D If it really is a boy we're going to name him Phoenix too! Phoenix Oriel.

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#15 of 20 Old 07-14-2011, 08:39 AM

lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLamb View Post

Well, I really WANT a girl...does that count? :D If it really is a boy we're going to name him Phoenix too! Phoenix Oriel.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#16 of 20 Old 08-04-2011, 01:10 PM

I just knew my first was a girl too... even before I was pregnant, I had very strong feelings that it would be a girl I had first.  I was right.  With my second, I swore it was a boy.  I was wrong.  Lol.  This baby, we're not finding out, but I can almost be certain by looking at my belly that it's a boy. 

Mandalamama, I'm sorry to read about your baby Phoenix. brokenheart.gif

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#17 of 20 Old 08-11-2011, 09:53 PM

So, ladies with intuition - were you right?

I was WRONG! We're having a boy! ^.^

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#18 of 20 Old 08-15-2011, 12:23 AM

This might sound dorky, but I knew from the moment I POAS with my first that he was a boy. This time around? NO IDEA. Thankfully the u/s is tomorrow (today, technically! I need to hit the hay!), so I won't have to sit around and wonder anymore! DH used to insist this baby was a girl, but now other people have him thinking its a boy. I don't care...I just want the u/s to show me a healthy baby...and just one. I don't know if I could handle a toddler and multiples! ;)

#19 of 20 Old 08-15-2011, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraBella View Post

With my #2, the name Oliver popped into my head right before he was conceived, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. This time, the name Iris popped into my head, and that's what I've been calling this baby since I found out. So, I am guessing girl with this one. I could only commit to boys names last 2 times, and a girl name this time, so I'm hoping that's a sign!

I was wrong, BTW! I am having my third BOY!

In Love stillheart.gif with my best friend & mama to three beautiful little boys! stork-suprise.gif Expecting #4 Oct. 2014!
#20 of 20 Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 AM

I was right, though I was basing my opinion more on science than anything!  Not to say the "science" I am referring to is fact!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page