Yay! The baby will have a room! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-20-2011, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Our offer on a house was accepted today.  We'll actually have space to live in!  We're moving from a very small 2 br place to a 5 br place with an in-law suite. 

I am so incredibly relieved to have space for the kids to spread out, but at the same time, I've forgotten what it's like to live in more space. My youngest still cosleeps but we're hoping to get him sleeping on his own more often over the next few months. 

We've been waiting for "the" place for almost a year now- so I'm excited.  Now I just have to plan out furniture/painting/and all that stuff and hope to accomplish it all while I still have the energy. 

avp.rsmith likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 06-20-2011, 10:05 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Congrats! What's the place like? Do you have a yard? Will you be in the same school zone? Are you thinking you'll rent out the in-law suite or do you need the space for something else? Have the kids seen the house yet? I can remember arguing with my sisters over rooms that didn't even exist, because we were confused about the houses we'd been through and which one they actually got!

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#3 of 9 Old 06-20-2011, 11:59 AM

That's super exciting insidevoice! Congratulations on the new digs.

#4 of 9 Old 06-20-2011, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

It's in a completely different area- DH has been living/working there while we have been living here, so it's a BIG change for all of us. We are losing outside space, but do have a yard with room for a couple raised beds and container gardening as well as space for the kids to play (I want to put a fence up first though.)

It's an act of faith on my part as I won't actually see it until I move in, but I have seen pictures and inspection results and a video and well- just about everything.  The little kids will be fine with wherever they wind up, so my oldest gets to pick her room- she's excited about that.  Since we are moving a long distance, we will be replacing most furniture there.  She has a budget and access to Ikea, thrift stores, and Craigslist to plan her room as she wants it- I think that's what she likes more than anything.  She's really outgrowing her kid room, so it's time to do a tween/preteen approach. 

We don't plan to rent it out.  My parents are pretty close and about to retire, so for us it was something we wanted to have as we go forward- particularly if they  need some help.  I suppose it would also be handy if I wanted to go back to work since we would likely be looking at a live-in nanny situation at that point.  

I'm just giddy!  And overwhelmed. I have so much packing/selling/donating/and organizing to do... 

#5 of 9 Old 06-20-2011, 04:03 PM

That's so exciting!  My best friend just bought a place, and I told her I'm soo beyond excited for her-- we've been here almost four years, so I'm bored with my own place, and excited to hear all the details and plans and photos from hers. lol. I'm living vicariously, since we have in no way outgrown this one yet, and it'll probably be another 5-8 years before we move. 

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#6 of 9 Old 06-20-2011, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

thumb.gif

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#7 of 9 Old 06-23-2011, 12:27 PM

How totally exciting!! COngrats!

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#8 of 9 Old 06-23-2011, 12:35 PM

Congrats! Good luck with the move! orngbiggrin.gif

#9 of 9 Old 06-30-2011, 08:11 AM

That is so exciting!!!  Congrats!  We are still in a 3 bedroom house and with #5 coming it will eventually be really just too cramped.  (If I lived where we had better weather, it would be OK!)  But, there is no way we'd be able to sell-- upside down mortgage at this point, so here we wait, until maybe times get better.

Enjoy your new home!  It sounds so wonderful!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page