Anyone else's cups running over? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 31 Old 06-20-2011, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hopefully this is an appropriate topic of conversation, but...I've gone from a 32D to a solid 32F in the first 15 weeks. My husband and I joke that since I haven't gained any weight, it must all be shifting to my chest. I also started seeing colostrum on a daily basis by week 6! This is my first pregnancy. I finally got my hands on some new bras this weekend, and wow am I more comfortable in properly fitting support AND my clothes are fitting better.

Anyone else experience such growth so early on? For those of you who are not on your first, any stories on how frequently you needed to change sizes? Everything I've read says to expect 1-2 cups size increase by the end of pregnancy...

#2 of 31 Old 06-20-2011, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cups running over: cute!

Yes yes yes. This is also my first, and pre pregnancy, I just wore undershirts, no bra, but if I did, I wore a 34, between A and B cup. Definitely need a bra now, though, or those big mama breasts would hit me in the face while I cycle around town! I just got a new one, and it's a 36C. Wow wow wow. I liked the simplicity of my little breasts, so I hope after nursing and everything, they get little again!
No colostrum yet for me, but I was making lots of it last fall, when I wasn't pregnant. Kinda strange.

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#3 of 31 Old 06-20-2011, 01:09 PM

Yep, but I have also been nursing for the last three years straight. :)

Sadly, mine have never returned to their  original smaller cup size- they just keep growing.  I'm seriously contemplating a reduction in a couple years after the youngest is weaned. I am tired of having to special order bras and having to tailor shirts.   Really, an H cup + is just crazy. I started with a DD when I had my first. 

#4 of 31 Old 06-20-2011, 01:22 PM

LOL!  I wasn't going to click on this thread because I thought the cup running over was in reference to having everything going well or feeling so blessed or something and I'm feeling extra grouchy and my glass is definitely half empty when I'm pregnant.  But, I'm glad I clicked!  Very cute and funny.  And yes, my cups are running over and I couldn't be happier.  I am normally a barely a  B cup, so this is one part of pregnancy that I can actually embrace :). 

#5 of 31 Old 06-20-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

LOL!  I wasn't going to click on this thread because I thought the cup running over was in reference to having everything going well or feeling so blessed or something and I'm feeling extra grouchy and my glass is definitely half empty when I'm pregnant.  But, I'm glad I clicked!  Very cute and funny.  And yes, my cups are running over and I couldn't be happier.  I am normally a barely a  B cup, so this is one part of pregnancy that I can actually embrace :). 

OMG if that had been it I would have had to run away.  I am a grouchy/negative/whiny ninny while I am pregnant.  Heck- I can even whine and complain about my cups running over. :P

#6 of 31 Old 06-20-2011, 03:10 PM

Yep...I haven't worn a bra in probably two years, but just had to go buy some the other day because they are finally getting so big (a whopping c-cup lol) that it was uncomfortable. 

#7 of 31 Old 06-20-2011, 03:57 PM

Thankfully mine is still an exciting change, but YES!  It's crazy, I wear a 32B pre-pregnancy, and I'm 16.5 weeks, bought new bras on the weekend, and they are 34C... that's technically one band and two cup sizes... already. I could -fit- into the 34B, but there was no room whatsoever to grow, and the C doesn't feel big so I went for it. Pretty sure I'll end up solidly into the 34C before the end of pregnancy, and I'm sure over that while nursing. Like I said, it's a good thing for me, as I've always wanted some magic (no side effect, no surgery, no cost) pill to increase my bust. But... if they keep growing and growing I can see that changing in the future!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#8 of 31 Old 06-20-2011, 04:54 PM

I sincerely hope mine aren't going to run over again.  Oy.  I started out as a B-cup 8 years ago.  Went to a D after dd1, DD after dd2, and still higher after dd3 ... and I've never quite "grown into" them. 

I have also been continuously breastfeeding since December 2003.  I'm a little nervous to see what will happen at the next stage, so I'm thinking I should learn to enjoy the current state for a while ...

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#9 of 31 Old 06-20-2011, 06:13 PM

My actual cup size didn't expand too much during my 1st pregnancy - I went from a 34Cprepregnancy to a 36Dpostpregnancy but my rib cage expanded massively during my pregnancy to a 40B!  So far this pregnancy I am measuring 38C at 16wks.  I have way to many randomly sized bras at this point.

mama to dust.gifdd 8/09 and slingtwin.gif dd + ds 11/11

#10 of 31 Old 06-20-2011, 07:59 PM

I'm on #4 and they get less big each time (darn it! I'm a AA non-pregnant, it's novel to get big boobs!)

I will say that I had colostrum BEFORE I was pregnant with #2 and #1 had weaned 3 years earlier. #3 and 4 were so close after the previous that I still had milk.

#11 of 31 Old 06-21-2011, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Oh my Yes!  I just bought new bras -- went from a 36 D to a 38 DD and I will probably go up another size in the band and cup when I buy nursing bras.  This is my fourth baby, so my breasts are really ready to go. 

First time mamas -- Don't be surprised if you need to to buy bras 2 or 3 times.  Just spend the money and get what fits.  Your cup size may change a lot and also the band size will change as your rib cage shifts and lactation plumps up all the milk ducts around your breasts.  I wait to buy nursing bras during the last few weeks of pregnancy and I buy them LOOSE.  Your breasts may grow even more after delivery.  Just when I think my boobs can't get any bigger, my milk comes in post-partum and WHAM!  Super sized boobs.  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#12 of 31 Old 06-21-2011, 10:12 AM

Hmm... I feel like I should go bra shopping now.  I don't usually wear bras, but my boobs are really sore right now and appreciate the support so I'm just kind of squeezing into the bras that I have.  But they're pretty uncomfortable by the end of the day.  Kind of enjoying the bigger boobs - I'm barely even an A normally - but not enjoying the bra-wearing and I sure don't enjoy spending money on something I'm only going to wear for a short time.  Oh well, I guess it's a good errand for the day.

#13 of 31 Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthiegirl View Post

Oh my Yes!  I just bought new bras -- went from a 36 D to a 38 DD and I will probably go up another size in the band and cup when I buy nursing bras.  This is my fourth baby, so my breasts are really ready to go. 

First time mamas -- Don't be surprised if you need to to buy bras 2 or 3 times.  Just spend the money and get what fits.  Your cup size may change a lot and also the band size will change as your rib cage shifts and lactation plumps up all the milk ducts around your breasts.  I wait to buy nursing bras during the last few weeks of pregnancy and I buy them LOOSE.  Your breasts may grow even more after delivery.  Just when I think my boobs can't get any bigger, my milk comes in post-partum and WHAM!  Super sized boobs.  

Yes!!! When the milk really comes in it's kind of comical in my case, really.  I look like I should be doing a photoshoot for a dirty magazine. 

#14 of 31 Old 06-21-2011, 01:02 PM

Not yet, they are hanging out at 38DDD, I was a 36DD before I had my first and when I was nursing the last 2 I was wearing 38H.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#15 of 31 Old 06-21-2011, 02:56 PM

Yeah I was really lucky... I knew I would need at least two new bras to get me through the next few months, and they ended up being super on sale, so I got three very comfy (with a tiny bit of room) bras for $24. I'm going to try to hold off on nursing bras until after the baby comes, and just wear tank tops/and microfibre bras for the first few days/week. 

I'm just glad I'm actually going up in size because the nursing bras that our maternity store here sells (so that I don't have to get walmart ones) start at a very generous 34B, and not-pregnant I've tried them on before (I used to work at the maternity store) and I seriously looked like I was a child playing dressup. So here's to boobs sthat grow and bras that fit! lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#16 of 31 Old 06-21-2011, 05:00 PM

To those that normally don't wear bras - soft cups and no underwire is the way to go and be comfy. I end up in sports bras - they make this one that closes with 6-8 hook and eyes in the front and it's gathered a bit at that point so that it accomodates the ever changing boob size especially post partum. And since it has hooks in the front, great for nursing!

#17 of 31 Old 06-21-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarena View Post

To those that normally don't wear bras - soft cups and no underwire is the way to go and be comfy. I end up in sports bras - they make this one that closes with 6-8 hook and eyes in the front and it's gathered a bit at that point so that it accomodates the ever changing boob size especially post partum. And since it has hooks in the front, great for nursing!

Nice!  I think that's the direction that I'm going to go in.  My sports bra is by far the most comfortable, it's just a little tight around my ribs now.  And I only have one!

#18 of 31 Old 06-21-2011, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by APToddlerMama View Post

Originally Posted by insidevoice View Post

OMG if that had been it I would have had to run away.  I am a grouchy/negative/whiny ninny while I am pregnant.  Heck- I can even whine and complain about my cups running over. :P

I love these responses APToddlerMama and Insidevoice! I hear you loud and clear on the *blech* parts of pregnancy despite the overall happiness of the eh...state of being.

Ruthiegirl-Yes! I second your recommendation. When I see the difference of what I was squeezing into before upgrading my stash it is really laughable. I wore one of my new bras right out of the store because after discovering how much more comfortable and supported the girls could feel I just couldn't bring myself to put back on what I came in with.

Czarena-I will pocket away that knowledge for future use. I really thought I might end up needing to save up for a breast reduction with the rate I've been going.

Jeninejessica-sounds like you found quite the deal! That's cool that they'll stretch to fit for a while.

#19 of 31 Old 06-22-2011, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayachel View Post

Ruthiegirl-Yes! I second your recommendation. When I see the difference of what I was squeezing into before upgrading my stash it is really laughable. I wore one of my new bras right out of the store because after discovering how much more comfortable and supported the girls could feel I just couldn't bring myself to put back on what I came in with.

Ha!   I did the same thing!  I just handed the sales woman the tags and wore my comfy new bra out of there.  She laughed and said lots of pregnant women do that.  

Frugal, food growing mama to my four loves

#20 of 31 Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 AM

DDCC-- but this is the first pregnancy where I've gotten a free boob job (finally!)-- for me it's a great thing as I went from barely an A to barely a B-- I'll take it!  Maybe I'll be a big B or small C when I nurse, that would be great.  I don't mind small boobs but it's fun to feel curvy and sexy.

#21 of 31 Old 06-22-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post

Hmm... I feel like I should go bra shopping now.  I don't usually wear bras, but my boobs are really sore right now and appreciate the support so I'm just kind of squeezing into the bras that I have.  But they're pretty uncomfortable by the end of the day.  Kind of enjoying the bigger boobs - I'm barely even an A normally - but not enjoying the bra-wearing and I sure don't enjoy spending money on something I'm only going to wear for a short time.  Oh well, I guess it's a good errand for the day.

I'm the same way-- barely an A & never wear a bra normally.  I bought the shelf-bra tanks from motherhood-- they are pretty affordable if I recall-- I bought one size up (large) since I don't like anything fitting or tight.  I love them!

#22 of 31 Old 06-22-2011, 07:11 PM

Yeah, I was so happy to find the deal. Takes the sting out of changing sizes three or more times during the pregnancy. I also normally wear super padded pushup bras, but the ones I'm buying now are lightly lined cotton, so that account for the more flexible sizing. When they're designed to bump you up a cup size and give you vavavoom cleavage out of nothingness, they really don't stretch so well! lol

#23 of 31 Old 06-25-2011, 08:48 AM

I just went ahead and bought nursing bras....I don't foresee wearing a regular bra any longer than necessary, but I know I'll need nursing bras at least until my initial oversupply balances out so I don't feel bad spending the money on those.

#24 of 31 Old 06-26-2011, 10:47 AM

Yeah, I just didn't want to spend the extra money on nursing bras ($45 each instead of 10-15 each) since I'm pretty sure my nursing size will be different than my current size. I'm too cheap! lol

#25 of 31 Old 06-26-2011, 01:40 PM

Man, if my nursing bras were that expensive I'd probably wait, too!  Luckily for me, I like the $15 ones from Target, and this many kids in my boobs aren't going to be so much larger than they are now that these won't work.

#26 of 31 Old 06-26-2011, 03:17 PM

Mmmm yes, it makes a difference I supposed if you're already nursing or have an approximate idea of what they're going to be. I really have no idea. I'm also super picky about my bras-- coming from a 32B originally, I literally -can't- wear the soft cup boxed ones from walmart, they don't even make them in the size I normally wear, but also, I'm terribly averse to wearing bras that have no lining in them whatsoever. It's just something I can't seem to get over. 

The nursing bras I want are super expensive, but they're from the store I used to work at, and they are a molded cup, or a lined cup... and they'll pretty much guarantee them through anything... so I plan on buying maybe two from there (it's usually buy one get one half), and then ordering some micofibre type soft ones from online similiar to the bravado-- I have -one- soft cup bra right now, but I don't wear it out of the house, it's my 'dance bra', and I wear it only around the house-- which is where I mostly will be nursing... so it should work. 

#27 of 31 Old 06-27-2011, 07:14 AM

I went through my stash of nursing bras the other day, they are all in sad, sad shape...So I'm going to have to buy a few more, I hope to find some in a store this time, so that I can get a good size...I heard theres a Junique dealer somewhere close to here, so I may try them this time.

Melissa-Mama to Allyson carrot.gif 1-22-07 and Katelyn homebirth.jpg 5-14-09 and Paul 1-2-12 my 10 lb 6oz. homebirthed baby boy.

#28 of 31 Old 06-27-2011, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

I recently got a nursing nightgown with built in support. I tried it on and was so surprised by the firm but comfy support I will likely wear it throughout my pregnancy.

#29 of 31 Old 07-05-2011, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I broke down and bought new bras the other day as I literally could no longer convince mine to contain the massive boobs I'm now hauling around. Went from a 32C to a 36D and I don't think I'm done yet. >.<

Just a homegrown heretic hopelessly in love with her amazing DH, 2.5 year old Eli, and now expecting a new arrival April 2015.
#30 of 31 Old 07-13-2011, 04:26 PM

Mine certainly are! I grew out of my bras and don't have money yet to buy new ones. I was B pre-pregnancy, and now am probably C.

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page