Swim little one, swim! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-20-2011, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For about two weeks now, I keep thinking on and off I'm feeling little movements... I described it to DH as if you had a gas bubble down low... but instead of just sitting there, or moving slowly down, it's like you can feel it spinning, inside your body. But I still wasn't quite sure, since I don't have anything to compare it to. 

I'm lying on the couch now, relaxing and reading up on my new carseat (squeee!), and all of a sudden baby just spent five minutes spinning and rolling like crazy. So weird, it was definately that same type movement, just so much... bigger. It's almost a little creepy feeling... like there's a fish, moving around inside of you. Makes sense since baby is in the fluid, but feels so weird in reality!

Baby_Cakes likes this.

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#2 of 8 Old 06-21-2011, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh my goodness, I can't wait for this! How fun fun fun!
Sometimes this week I think I feel something. Lke, there will be a little flippy feeling inside, but I won't notice it at the time, and a second later t hunk, wait, what whas that? I'm especially looking forward to feeling m y little fish because it's still too early for the fetoscope, so feeling it move will be the first actual proof that there's someone in there (and I'm not just getting fat, huge breasts, and hormonal all on my own!). Indeed, swim little fish!

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#3 of 8 Old 06-21-2011, 01:02 PM

My midwives asked me if I'm feeling movement at my 14 week visit today.  I haven't been, but looks like some women are feeling it at this point. 

How exciting!  thumbsup.gif

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#4 of 8 Old 06-21-2011, 08:20 PM

So cool! I agree, I can't wait to feel certain about what I'm feeling too. Yesterday I was lying still reading as well, and had one hand on my abdomen and thought there was just a *blip* of movement. I waited around forever for it to happen again, and I think maybe every 10-15min or so I think I might, maybe feel something. I'm 15w5 days so it's promising to hear BennyPai your mw think it is far enough that we might not be imagining it.

#5 of 8 Old 06-24-2011, 09:14 AM

I definitely am excited for feeling the movement.   I heard the baby's heartbeat at the last appointment and you could hear the baby moving a lot!  

Married to my love.  Expecting #1, EDD:12/23!  Hoping for a waterbirth.jpg at a birth center.

#6 of 8 Old 06-24-2011, 09:25 AM

I can definitely feel it! It´s like when we were kids and bought a goldfish and they give them to you in this little bag with water and fish, and the fish touches the plastic while swimming. Really cool!

Trin with DH , DD(7)  and DS(5) ,  DD(2) ,
I am not regularly online at the moment due to the above ...
#7 of 8 Old 06-25-2011, 08:49 PM

I've been feeling *maybe* movement for a few days, but just now, I was spending an excessive amount of time ogling the baby and belly photos of the may and June DDCs, getting all full of adorable babyness, and then, out of nowhere, my own little wiggler started wiggling! Undeniable movement, for about 5 minutes!
I got out the fetoscope to see what I could hear, since I knew right where baby was, and, no, I didn't hear heartbeats, but I did hear lots if movement and a direct kicking of the scope. Woo, how cool! Im so full of squishy baby joy today!

Maker-mama, joyously loving my boy, Winter Rhys, born 12/2011, and our twins, Wren and Forest, born 4/2014.
#8 of 8 Old 06-26-2011, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

It's so exciting to feel, and I still get that wonder eyed look, even though it's been pretty obvious for about a week now, and now I feel it dozens of times throughout the day. 

I was playing with baby last night-- I had a cold can of pepsi, and if I put it on my belly, the baby would start moving. Then DH yelled at me... lol

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page