Eating Dilemma - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-25-2011, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I feel so hungry most of the time. Its as if I've never eaten. But when I start eating I feel stuffed half way through my meal. Then I feel so incredibly sleepy, its a toss up between eating and sleeping. I've started taking my time to eat. I think it will take me an hour to finish my grilled cheese sandwich (two slices of regular sized multigrain bread and pasteurized american cheese). I'm one bite past the halfway mark. I'm done forcing myself to eat, because that ends up badly. What's the point of eating if its not going to stay down. I'm worried I'm not eating enough this way. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

#2 of 9 Old 06-25-2011, 02:32 PM

How far along are you?  I feel very lucky that my eating issues ended around 13 weeks.  :)  Hope this is a phase that passes soon for you.

#3 of 9 Old 06-25-2011, 08:10 PM

i still feel yucky about food. I feel starving but the thought of most food is revolting at times. I have done pretty good considering.....I manage to eat breakfast and lunch and dinner. I think alot of my problem is that I am too lazy to make yummy food. I am 13 and a half weeks so hopefully the nausea goes away soon!

#4 of 9 Old 06-26-2011, 06:05 AM

I so have similar things going on here! I make yummy stuff, but can only eat a little bit before I am either full or green around the gills. No helpful advice, I'm sorry to say, but lots of sympathy. I hope this improves soon!

I'm Heather, newly married (12/5/10) to James! partners.gif
We are currently "mama" and "papa" to Maisy cat.gif and soon... parents to BABY NEW YEAR 2012!! babyf.gifWe're happily planning a h20homebirth.gif and intend to femalesling.GIFbfinfant.gifdiaper.gif

#5 of 9 Old 06-30-2011, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

I'm 14 weeks. I'm resigned to grazing. I've already told my husband and step daughter (who's visiting from FL) it's going to take me forever to eat, or I'm going to eat something small every 30 minutes. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

#6 of 9 Old 06-30-2011, 06:20 AM

This may not apply to you, but it seems like dairy is no good for me.  I still eat it-- I am a vegetarian and it is a quick way to get full, but yesterday I had a LOT and today I am paying for it.  My MW said to eat nuts/trail mix instead.  I eat granola and that works pretty well.  Getting a lot of sleep (which I don't-- can't) helps, too, so if you can get more, try that.

I have not gained any weight (I am 14.5 weeks) but others have told me they didn't either-- even losing a lot of weight-- and baby was fine. 

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#7 of 9 Old 06-30-2011, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Thank you for your post Mizelenius! I was worried, because the last time I went to my doctor's office, the midwife treated me as if I was purposefully trying not to gain weight. (As if sitting in the doctor's office for two hours while starving helps make her case.)

It's hard to eat the way one should when you are constantly on the go. I tried not  being so picky, so I lowered my standard. If I couldn't find a sugar free bran muffin, I would go with the banana nut muffin- refined sugar I'm sure it had. After about a week of just trying to eat anything and everything, I felt nausea coming back.

Diary products have been my constant and true companion, though store bought yogurt tastes too tangy for me, or too sweet if it has fruit in it. I'd like to make some yogurt soon, if I ever get the time and energy together. I love my homemade yogurt and granola. I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it.

Thanks again.

#8 of 9 Old 06-30-2011, 03:41 PM

I find that I need to eat a small amount of food, very frequently.  Like every hour or so.  That way, I don't get too hungry, but i don't wind up eating too little because I'm only trying to eat at meal times. The hardest part for me is not eating carb-y, snack foods because I'm eating so often.  But I'm getting better. :)

Vanessa... Happily married to a paramedic - celebrating 10 years of marriage!  Mama to one crazy 6 year old transformer and one chatterbox 4 year old princess.  Daycare provider to many jumping beans  I'm expecting my third in late November. 

#9 of 9 Old 06-30-2011, 08:41 PM

You NEED to be "picky," it sounds like!  Is there any way you can stock up on the food you need or is it all fresh?

The weight thing is annoying.  I remember with my 1st, I had an OB.  One month I gained 5 lbs and she gave me a hard time (said it should be 4).  I was NOT overweight to begin with, either.

I did not gain weight either this time (I think I had even lost at my last appt) and my MW said nothing.  I think we will be fine.  One mom wrote to me that she had lost 20 lbs and she was only 100 lbs to begin with-- and her baby was still fine, though she was eventually hospitalized for her nausea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVSilva View Post

Oh Thank you for your post Mizelenius! I was worried, because the last time I went to my doctor's office, the midwife treated me as if I was purposefully trying not to gain weight. (As if sitting in the doctor's office for two hours while starving helps make her case.)

It's hard to eat the way one should when you are constantly on the go. I tried not  being so picky, so I lowered my standard. If I couldn't find a sugar free bran muffin, I would go with the banana nut muffin- refined sugar I'm sure it had. After about a week of just trying to eat anything and everything, I felt nausea coming back.

Diary products have been my constant and true companion, though store bought yogurt tastes too tangy for me, or too sweet if it has fruit in it. I'd like to make some yogurt soon, if I ever get the time and energy together. I love my homemade yogurt and granola. I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it.

Thanks again.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page