Wow, anyone else see baby move yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 06-28-2011, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I'm sitting in bed sore (from a very active day, but that's another story) and with a slight tummy ache. I was figuring it was normal gas or some other unfortunate pregnancy symptom. I look down and my tummy is MOVING! Definately baby. I just don't think I've ever seen a baby move this early. The feeling wasn't strong enough for me to really notice more than usual, but just looking it's very obvious. I'm pretty small, so I'm sure that helps but either I have a horrible memory or it's early.

(I'm due on the 18th, so 15 weeks)

CPST, LLL and Mom to a 9yr old animal lovin' girl, 6yr old wild man,  4 yr old cuddle bug and 1 year old "little brother."

Now we are growing the family with chickens, ducks, and dairy goats.

#2 of 15 Old 06-28-2011, 09:02 PM

Wow! That's super early! Very exciting. I spent a good part of today trying really hard to feel SOMETHING and didn't. I'm 16w4days. Last week, I thought I felt the flutters of something one afternoon, but nothing since.

#3 of 15 Old 06-28-2011, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

If I couldn't see it I wouldn't be confident I was feeling a baby at all, honestly. If the camera wasn't dead I'd take a video since DH isn't here.

This is making me wonder if I'm farther along that I think. The US (not a fancy one as it was for the IUD issue, not specifically dating) said my EDD is the 24th, but the mw and I both agree that's impossible since my Dh was out of town for 3 weeks and baby couldn't be due later. I've always been sure within a few days of my EDD, but with not finding out I was pg till what I think was 9 weeks it's really throwing me for a loop. (IUD baby) However, I'll gladly take earlier than later!

CPST, LLL and Mom to a 9yr old animal lovin' girl, 6yr old wild man,  4 yr old cuddle bug and 1 year old "little brother."

Now we are growing the family with chickens, ducks, and dairy goats.

#4 of 15 Old 06-29-2011, 06:55 AM

My 2 cents as a health care provider-I trust women who know what's going on in their bodies over technology in regards to dating most days of the week. The US, even done early can still be a week to 10 days off. The system just really likes having a number in the sand. I'd guess your MW is doing what mine is-I'm pretty sure I'm about a week further along than the US sound as well, and my MW believes me. (Meanwhile, I had an US tech tell me at 5 weeks that the pregnancy likely wasn't viable because based on my LMP, which I assured them was not accurate for dating due to wonky cycles, I should have been measuring about 7+ weeks. When I told my MW she told me the next time to just say "I don't know" about my LMP, since I went to a different imaging practice for the follow up.)

So she and I agreed to have the later date in everything official, since first babies often come past their edd, but will watch for signs of being ahead towards the end and adjust accordingly. As long as you do any time specific testing in the middle of the range of weeks a week ahead of what they say shouldn't make a difference.

PLUS I'm so excited for you to have all that activity with your little one going on!

#5 of 15 Old 06-29-2011, 07:02 AM

I am 17w6d today and I have been feeling the baby move for about two weeks, but not regularly. I haven't been able to see it yet or feel it from the outside, but hopefully soon. That's the best part of being pregnant. I can't wait!

#6 of 15 Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 PM

I definately believe you...I'm 18.5 weeks now and I think it was 15 or 16 weeks when I began to feel the babies movements (its #2 for us). About a week after they first began, I totally saw movement to. I just happened to be getting dressed and was looking down and saw what I suppose could be a limb moving a small part of my belly....and it really wasn't that "strong" of a movement in the way it was felt by me at the time, but the movement was there.

Actually today I totally saw and felt him/her "sit up" and move all the way to the right side of my uterus making it hard to the touch, while floppy on the other.

Me and DH and DD (2) and expecting #2 11/27!!!!! thumb.gif
#7 of 15 Old 06-30-2011, 06:17 AM

Felt the baby move for sure yesterday.  I am 14.5 weeks.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#8 of 15 Old 07-01-2011, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I just posted this in the chat thread, but after having a dream about seeing the baby's form through my skin on the left side, I felt the babe move for the first time when I woke up!  The movement was on the left side.  SO exciting!  I was 15 weeks on Wednesday.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#9 of 15 Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm 17 weeks and can't see it yet.  I thought I was and realized it was my pulse.  I am definitely feeling a lot of movement now and with DS, it was really obvious at 18 weeks from the outside and DH could also feel him kicking easily then.  So much fun! 

#10 of 15 Old 07-01-2011, 01:01 PM

At 16 weeks 5 days a prenatal massage therapist placed her hand on my belly and said she felt the baby move, and move a lot.  I, however, haven't felt (or seen!) anything yet.

#11 of 15 Old 07-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Oooh I'm jealous! I love watching baby move! I can't even feel him/her yet though...which is wierd because I felt movement around the end of the first trimester with my other two..baby was not moving in the one ultrasound we had though (had a HB and all, just not being a wiggle worm) so I am wondering if maybe this one just has a different temperament (my first two were both crazy active in their ultrasounds...and still are like that lol).

#12 of 15 Old 07-04-2011, 09:00 AM

OK-- I actually can read-- have NOT seen the baby move!

Sorry for misreading title!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#13 of 15 Old 07-13-2011, 04:22 PM

I'm 16 weeks...haven't felt/seen the baby, except in the ultrasound -- saw him/her wiggling his/her fingers at the camera, it was funny!

in love with and married to my best friend ♥ snuggling my baby girl Ari Grace, 12-4-11

#14 of 15 Old 07-15-2011, 03:39 PM

Wow Karmama, thanks for posting about your experience. I thought my husband and I were going baby crazy. I have felt my tummy get really hard in some spots, then when DH touches the belly it gets soft. I didn't know why. My husband, who's hands are very hot says he feels the hard stomach, then it gets soft. I think the baby is trying to escape the heat from his hands. DH likes chasing baby all over my stomach. LOL!

#15 of 15 Old 07-19-2011, 03:56 PM

How exciting!  I haven't seen my baby move, but I've been feeling him/her kick for a couple of weeks now (I am 18 weeks today) and a few days ago I had kind of a tummy ache, so I was sort of massaging my belly and I felt a BIG movement, and I swear I felt the baby's head like a little ping pong ball under my fingers.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page